Abundance Mentality - When You Know You Have It

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I haven't contributed my own topic on the boards here in awhile, and I happen to have some free time today, so I thought I'd contribute something that would be of interest and value.

--- Abundance Mentality ---

What is it really? And how do you get it?

Well, it didn't really start to hit me what abundance mentality was until relatively recently, and how I realized I had abundance mentality might surprise you a bit. Abundance mentality is not having five dates lined up for the week. It's also not having five dates lined up for the week while you're already having casual, sexual relationships with two other girls.

So if abundance mentality isn't having 5-7 girls wanting to see you during the week while two are ready and willing to fuck you, then what is abundance mentality, and how do you get it?

Let's talk a bit about my progression towards abundance before we get to the meat of this subject.

When I first started following the methods on this website, I was a bit clumsy (albeit a fast learner). I approached women knowing what I was supposed to do, but I would still fumble around with my words or miss escalation windows pretty consistently. It was frustrating because I could look back on an interaction almost immediately and analyze where things went wrong. And even after doing that, I would repeatedly make that mistake for awhile until I had finally made that mistake so many times that it was impossible for me to make that mistake again! Mind you, there was no forum to ask for help during this time, and I had not communicated with Chase personally until just around the time this forum was established.

I spent about three of my initial months just approaching -- meaning I went out every single weekend and consumed somewhere between 5-10 hours of my time -- and I did not end up with a single girl in my bedroom. My fundamentals were solid by the end of this period, and I was certainly making progress, but I just couldn't get the whole thing to 'click' and get to where I wanted to be: with a woman in my bedroom screaming my name.

But then, about 3 and 1/2 months into practicing, I finally got a lay. I took a girl into the back of my car and railed her like there was no tomorrow. It was liberating! I had finally done it! It wasn't the cleanest seduction (by any means), but I was able to read the signals from the girl early on and I didn't let the escalation window pass. And once I had done it the first time, and I had seen success, the lays started coming in more frequently. About 5 months into practicing, I had had multiple girls in my bedroom -- some on the first date, and some even the night I met them! It was starting to come together for me.

But even as I had girls lined out the door to spend some time with me, I was still struggling with one thing: I missed my ex-girl, and a solid part of me still wanted her back. None of the girls I had been with had measured up with her, and that slight "tingling" sensation in the back of my head that kept saying, "you won't find another one like her," was constantly there being a nuisance. Was this all for nothing? I have an abundance of girls now, and I still can't get her out of my head. What's the deal, bro?!

It even got as bad to the point where I directly asked Chase if he could help me get her back. I made it clear that I knew the chances were slim, and I made it clear that I was approaching new women. But to get her out of my head, I figured I'd at least give it a shot. Believe it or not, Chase agreed to give me some solid advice on what he believed would be the best chance at getting her back... and it failed.

Was I surprised? Not really. But my conscious was clear, and I knew that there were girls out there just as good as her, I just had to keep approaching until I found them. And sure enough, about 3-4 more months after vigorous approaching and numerous seductions, I landed a bombshell. This girl had everything I was looking for and reminded me of the way that my ex-girl made me feel.

So I had done it... I had replaced my amazing ex-girlfriend. But where does this story lead into abundance mentality, you ask?

Well, after being with this girl for a couple of months, I realized my mind was in a completely different place than it was with my last girlfriend. Although this new girl provided me with the same great feelings and emotions that I had with my ex, there was a new sentiment that was starting to creep up on me: I am capable of bringing home an amazing girl... so why am I only bringing home one?

All of a sudden, it hit me.

• I had achieved abundance mentality.

Even while I had this gorgeous, amazing girl in my bed willing to do anything at the drop of a hat for me, I realized that I could get more. All of a sudden, amazing girls stopped becoming scarce. Amazing girls are everywhere, and because I read Chase's material and realized that I am an amazing guy, I knew that I could get them. And I realized it would be easy.

So when do you have abundance mentality? Well, you have abundance mentality when one of the most amazing girls you've ever met is lying in your bed, waiting for you do to anything to her, and instead of having the following thought in the back of your head:

"I hope I don't lose this girl... I won't be able to replace her!"

...you have this thought instead:

"I wonder what the next amazing girl will be like... I can't wait to meet her."

That is abundance mentality.

--- Summary ---

• Abundance mentality is not having dates and lays lined up for the week
  • You do not have abundance mentality if you are thinking about a girl that isn't already yours
  • You do not have abundance mentality if you are scared of losing a girl that is already yours
  • You have abundance mentality when you have an amazing girl that is already yours, and you're thinking about when the next one may come along

And as a result of having abundance mentality, the amazing women you bed will sense it. They will sense that you are capable of going out and replacing them. And when they are just the slightest bit nervous about that being a possibility, that's when they are yours for the keeping... should you choose to do so. ;)

Cheers, gentlemen.

- Franco

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Great article Franco, and very heartfelt for me personally. My motivation to pick up women was actually my want to replace my superb and only ex, she made me feel like nobody else ever has, and I loved her so much because she was the first to love me for me, and she got a lot of my firsts. After I broke up with her, I began to feel worse than I did before I broke up with her, and that's the first time in my life I contemplated suicide, ironically, today is her birthday. I don't want her back, and I firmly want someone better, but, until I get that better girl, my mind will sometimes wander back to her, and I'll have a 10 minute relapse.... any advice or input Franco?

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Thanks, Franco. A real inspiration, this... and proof positive that the hard work pays off.

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Abundance mentality is not having dates and lays lined up for the week
You do not have abundance mentality if you are thinking about a girl that isn't already yours
You do not have abundance mentality if you are scared of losing a girl that is already yours
You have abundance mentality when you have an amazing girl that is already yours, and you're thinking about when the next one may come along

And as a result of having abundance mentality, the amazing women you bed will sense it. They will sense that you are capable of going out and replacing them. And when they are just the slightest bit nervous about that being a possibility, that's when they are yours for the keeping... should you choose to do so. ;)
Wow. Just Wow.

Excellent article Franco. As always your work is of the highest quality.

Great explanation of what abundance Mentality really is. Especially that last quote. So I know where my mindset lies ;)

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Richard,

I don't want her back, and I firmly want someone better, but, until I get that better girl, my mind will sometimes wander back to her, and I'll have a 10 minute relapse.... any advice or input Franco?

The first thing you need to convince yourself of mentally is that there are women as good AND better than your ex-girlfriend that are out there. And I can tell you that this is the truth, and I don't even know your ex-girlfriend. There are over 7 billion people in this world, so do you really think that your ex-girlfriend is the only girl out there that can make you happy? Probably not.

Except this above fact first. Once you've accepted this, the next thing you need to internalize is that quality girls are out there, but you need to work hard to find them. When I mention in my post that getting these girls is "easy," I don't necessarily mean that you can go out on any given week and replace your girlfriend. But when you have the right mentality and you find a girl that is of the caliber you are looking for, it will be easy to take her to bed and make her yours. This is why Chase advises taking lots of women to bed when you first start... you want it to become mechanical. And you need to realize that this process of taking girls to bed is the same for every single girl, regardless of her caliber, upbringing, and social status.

Then, the final step is to just work hard, go out, and keep approaching. And while you're approaching and bedding girls that may not be what you're looking for in something long term, learn to really take joy and pride in the fact that every seduction you complete is making you better. Whenever I bed a girl, I feel like I'm at least 0.1% closer to the perfect man that every guy wants to be. And for all my other friends that aren't getting laid? Well, they are at least 0.1% farther behind now. ;)

Although your ultimate goal in this may be to get a long-term relationship with a girl that you can "fall in love with," learn to celebrate the smaller goals! Go out and buy yourself dinner when you take that girl to bed the same night you met her and say to yourself, "man, I'm really getting better at this." *Nom nom nom...*

If you don't learn to take joy in the fact that you're improving and taking girls to bed, you are going to burn yourself out. You'll feel like you haven't made any progress because you haven't achieved your ultimate goal, when in fact, it's likely that you've made a ton of progress and reached a bunch of smaller goals in the process.

Enjoy the learning the curve! Embrace it. Reflect on it. Celebrate it! And then make sure you don't make her fall for you too hard when you just happen to stumble across a bombshell in the process... ;)

- Franco

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Franco,
I hope you don't mind if I copy that and paste that onto my door to read every day ;)
But seriously lol, I completely understand what you're saying, and I know that there are better girls out there, finding one is incredibly hard though. Also in my neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods, there's still a small population and not a variety of good looking women, only a small small portion that I still have had a hard time finding. So in the mean time it's hard to even get good practice in general. Most women I see are definitely 35+, or like 14-, I hardly ever see an in-between age =(

But I've internalized your words Franco, and they are very much welcomed.

-Richard

stratvm

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This is why Chase advises taking lots of women to bed when you first start... you want it to become mechanical.

If you don't learn to take joy in the fact that you're improving and taking girls to bed, you are going to burn yourself out.

two very important messages i think. something i`ve missed so far, thanks man!

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Excellent post. Have no idea how I missed it until now.

I love this explanation:

and instead of having the following thought in the back of your head:

"I hope I don't lose this girl... I won't be able to replace her!"

...you have this thought instead:

"I wonder what the next amazing girl will be like... I can't wait to meet her."

A real "Aha!" moment there.

Reaching true abundance really ramps up your game, because you stop being "extra" careful during interactions. You begin to be naturally more calm and relaxed around extremely high-value women. You take more (calculated) risks. You start to naturally just pass women's tests because you don't care if you lose her. You just generally give of a devil-may-care vibe: if the girl walks away, so what (and they somehow will sense this, too!).

This should be stickied :)

NJ

VinnyDgeek

Rookie
Rookie
Re: STICKIED: Abundance Mentality - When You Know You Have It

Makes sense to me logically, but my self imposed life of failure makes my brain scream stuff like "It can't be that simple"

Anyone have any advice for a guy who has been asking women out since he was 20 and has only manged to get one girl to even talk to him on a regular basis?

in any case thanks for the insight.. It certainly made me think

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Abundance mentality, not worried whether she stays or leaves. Gotta love it, great article Franco!

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Something for you guys to be aware of when you start to achieve Abundance Mentality:

It can make you a little wreckless. A couple examples,

1) You may start to explicitly qualify yourself as lover material, by saying things to women such as "Well, I'm more of the fiery passion, whirlwind romance type of guy as opposed to the 7-dates, dry hump you on the couch kind of guy". Explicit qualifications like these have some very nice returns when it does work, but most women are turned off by things like this, as it (a) kills a little of that "romance novel mystery" as to how things are going to go down, and also (b) if not delivered ultra-smoothly she'll easily detect you trying to qualify yourself. A good example of this can be found in my LR: Naughty Nerdy Girl report.

2) You start to give women ultimatums and force them into decisions too early on in things. A girl who seems on the fence about you? Don't treat her any differently than that girl who's super into you. You might have the urge to tell her to shit or get off the pot after a couple of days of no contact, but you need to wait a little longer than that. You'll be surprised how many of them will contact you in the interim.

And those are really just a couple of examples. So be careful, guys. Don't let your balls get too big for your britches. Just because you don't care if you lose her, doesn't mean you should go and blow things up on purpose (well not on purpose, but sometimes it seemed that way to me!).

Regards,
NJ

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

NJ,

NarrowJ said:
2) You start to give women ultimatums and force them into decisions too early on in things. A girl who seems on the fence about you? Don't treat her any differently than that girl who's super into you. You might have the urge to tell her to shit or get off the pot after a couple of days of no contact, but you need to wait a little longer than that. You'll be surprised how many of them will contact you in the interim.

And those are really just a couple of examples. So be careful, guys. Don't let your balls get too big for your britches. Just because you don't care if you lose her, doesn't mean you should go and blow things up on purpose (well not on purpose, but sometimes it seemed that way to me!).

You need to explain number 2 for me. I think i might get it wrong here. Don't tell her to fuck off or you just let her be after you give one or two "warnings" ?

and yea i realize a lot of guys tend to blow things up excessively, even myself once you feel that you're good (and i emphasize "FEEL") and that's something that is not good as well.

Zac

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Zac,
You need to explain number 2 for me. I think i might get it wrong here. Don't tell her to fuck off or you just let her be after you give one or two "warnings" ?

"Warnings" isn't really the right word. "Chances" is the word he's referring to here.

You have to give a girl a few chances to see you, even if it seems like she's really twisting your leg. Half the girls play the game "a little too hard," and then come to their senses and realize they could lose a great, sexy guy if they keep playing hard to get. Also, some girls might just genuinely be busy, so you don't want to give them shit if they can't meet up with you one or two times. But you'll certainly want to "throw the ball in her court" if you've given her ample opportunities to meet up with you and she hasn't made an effort to do so, otherwise you'll start to look like you're chasing her.

And no matter what, never get upset by it. Women are attracted to men who are rock steady. =)

- Franco

>