Rooting: An Essential Daygame Strategy

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Rooting is a strategy that will improve your daygame approaches by tenfold.

When you're in conversation with a woman you just met, whether it be on the street, in a cafe, in a mall, anywhere, she's going to be thinking:

why did he approach me?
why is he continuing to talk to me?
how long is he gonna be here for?
has he been following me around?
is he just walking around talking to everyone like this?

The quicker you root the interaction by answering these questions for her, the better. It will help her hook and become more comfortable with you. Here's how to address each of these concerns:

Why did he approach me?

This is an easy one - it's communicated through your opener. You found her adorable, or you were interested in an article of clothing she had on. The more specific the opener, the better.

Why is he continuing to talk to me?

After you've told her why you approached her, you need to give a reason for why you wanna keep chit-chatting. You are trying to have a conversation, but she thinks your intent was to give her a compliment and leave. It's a huge mismatch in frames that causes her to feel discomfort and confusion.

You can answer this question for her by directly communicating your intent to keep talking. When she gives you investment, you communicate that she's different than most people you meet, and thus you're interested in finding out more.

how long is he gonna be here for? has he been following me around? is he just walking around talking to everyone like this?

These can easily be communicated in your opener as well. You can tell her you only got two seconds to talk to her because you're on your way to the bank/pet store/wherever

Example

Here's what it looks like:

Fog: hey, i only got two seconds cuz im on my way to the bank. i just saw you - you're cute like a kitten.
Girl: ohhhhh thanks!
Fog: wait, i hear an accent...
Girl: im from turkey
Fog: it's not often i meet people from turkey, now im really curious. are you on vacation or a local?

Some results of not rooting

If you're not rooting enough - especially not rooting why you want to keep talking to her - you will find yourself hitting a wall when you try to get deeper in conversation with a girl. She's going to resist investing, cuz she's confused about why you even want to know about her. You will also encounter suspicion from girls. For example, I was gaming at a university and rooted an approach by saying i was on my way to the library before i saw her. But later on, she started questioning me: "why are you going to the library? You don't have any books or pens or anything."

Have fun implementing this strategy and let me know how it goes :)

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
OK, I've heard this concept before (aka. 'attract women through honesty' and its variants; what are its variants?) but sure it helped that you broke it down and gave it another angle. Solid advice.

authenticSelf

Space Monkey
space monkey
songbird fog said:
Rooting is a strategy that will improve your daygame approaches by tenfold.

When you're in conversation with a woman you just met, whether it be on the street, in a cafe, in a mall, anywhere, she's going to be thinking:

why did he approach me?
why is he continuing to talk to me?
how long is he gonna be here for?
has he been following me around?
is he just walking around talking to everyone like this?

Great advice here to take care of this from the get-go! I have actually gotten "I am surprised" when we exchanged numbers and I asked for "meeting" for a coffee. "Yeah, people meet for coffee, right?" she said. I really was in a rush, so had to eject only to have no response to text later. I think not addressing "I am surprised" did me in. Also, I met this girl very randomly i.e., just walking as she was going in other direction. I also did not create sexual intent from the start and thats why it was in congruent and she was "surprised"

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Wonderful breakdown, Fog.

The traditional "I saw you sitting/standing/walking here, and I just had to come tell you that [compliment opener |introduction]" opening line uses what you call "rooting". Really dig that term for it, by the way.

Your example also has a false time constraint in it, which is interesting. Some guys like those, some guys don't (I'm not terribly partial to them personally, but I know guys who dig them).

Good share.

Chase

>