Context Reframing

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hello forest creatures,

Context reframing is my favourite type of reframing. Used correctly, you'll be able to dismantle anyone's frame and come out on top. So how does it work?

Take the concept of water. Water can be good or bad depending on the context. To the victims of a flood, rain is bad bad bad. To people experiencing a drought, water is good good good. You can pretty well alter the context of anything...

Here's an example taking place at a party:

Girl: you never speak before you think, do you?
Reframe King: we're at a party, not a formal debate. Which one did you think we were at?

Here, the Reframe King is altering the context of WHERE it's acceptable to not think before you speak...it's socially acceptable to not think before you speak at a party. At a formal debate though, you're gonna look like a loser for not planning out your thoughts in a concise way.

Not only has he altered the context of her frame to make it seem positive, but he's thrown a double bind back at the girl. If she replies...

Girl: I thought we were at a party.

...then she's falling into your context reframe, allowing you to establish control of the overall frame. Not only that, but now she seemingly comes across as uncalibrated for bitching at someone for not thinking before they speak in an environment where it's acceptable.

If she replies...

Girl: I thought we were at a formal debate

She's still falling into your context reframe, and still comes across as uncalibrated for acting like it's a formal debate at a party.

She might also try to explain the context of her initial frame, but then you can just call her out and say "you don't need to explain yourself to me. :)"

How Else Can You Use Context Reframing?

- Besides the where....you can reframe the who, what, why, and when of literally anything.
- Reframing is also good for flirting and banter.

How Different Girls React to Reframing

More social, energetic, expressive girls will give you a run for your money when you reframe them/what they say. They will reframe your reframe, and turn it into a battle. These are good girls to practise reframing in general with...your mental agility to reframe quickly will be challenged.

Sweet, shy girls will submit to your reframes easily or otherwise be a walk in the park for you to battle with. Be careful not to steamroll them too hard and try to give them a chance! LOL

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Songbird Fog-

Yeah, this is a great way to reframe.

The "This is X it's not Y" is one way to do this highlighting of the context you're in:

• Her: You shouldn't drink on public transportation.

You: We're on a grubby bus that hasn't been cleaned in a year. This is not some immaculate new limousine bus. Here take a sip. Taaake it. Open your lips... there you go.

You can also do "This is X" without stating "it's not Y" if it's sufficiently obvious what you mean:

• Her: I don't know if we should be so touchy in public.

You: Don't be silly. We're on a private beach with no one around.

And you can contrast before or after you do "This is X" by ribbing her about doing the opposite:

• Her: Do you have to shout?

You: Think I should whisper? We're right next to the speakers!

Super useful. Takes a lot of situations where you could potentially get a monkey wrench stuck right in the face of your seduction, and instead moves things in a more comfortable, intimate, less neurotic direction.

Chase

>