LR  Christmas Shopping Insta-date

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
This just happened yesterday. Took the day off of work to do some shopping, and had planned to finish burning leaves too. I didn’t really end up finishing either of those chores though, because I would be busy flogging a cute brunette all afternoon and into the evening.

About 11 AM or so yesterday, I am in Toys R Us, and noticed a cute brunette browsing Wii games. She looked quite young, but I wasn’t sure exactly how young, and I felt something very special (down in my pants) when I saw her, so I knew I was going to have to find out.

I mosey up beside her and start looking at some of the games. I see her take a long look at me out of my peripheral vision (she looked at me for about 3 seconds before turning away). I then take a couple of steps away from her, eyeballing the contents of the large glass case. She waits a second or two, and then takes a couple of steps in my direction. I look over at her, as if I just noticed her there, and the conversation begins something like this:

Me: Hey! (smile)
Her: Hi (smiles back at me)
Me: Where’s your coat? You’re going to freeze!
Her: I’m wearing a coat! Haha what do you think this is?!
Me: That’s not a coat! That’s a moto jacket. Stylish though. You actually look fantastic.
Her: Oh well thank you! (big smile)
Me: Ok, so you look young. I have to ask you how old you are… (skeptical look)
Her: I actually just turned 21 in October. Why? How old are you?
Me: Well, maybe just a tad too old for you. But, how old do you think I am?
Her: You don’t look old at all! Plus, that’s not really a big deal anyway.

**Note: she didn’t bother to guess my age, but instead just communicated that it wouldn’t be an issue.

Me: Well, thanks. I didn’t get your name…
Her: I’m [name].
Me: I like that name. I’m NJ. It’s nice to meet you. (not extending my hand)
Her: You too. So what are you trying to find? I’m looking for [names some game I’m not familiar with], for my little nephew.

Here, the conversation continues about our shopping and etcetera. I deep-dive a little about her nephew and how she’s really close with her older sister and they get mistaken for twins, yada yada yada. Then, after a couple of minutes of that:

Me: Well, I had better try to find what I’m looking for. But, hey, I’m going to head over to Barnes & Noble when I’m done here in a few minutes to just kind of browse and maybe get a coffee (there’s a Starbucks in Barnes & Noble, by the way). If you aren’t doing anything, you should keep me company.
Her: Oh, well sure! I just have to get one thing. I can meet you over there in a few.
Me: Let’s exchange numbers, so we don’t lose each other.
Her: Ok.

She takes her phone out, and I take out mine, and we exchange numbers. I go ahead and grab the couple of items I came in for, and leave. I don’t see her around at all, and I’m just about to text her to see where she’s at, when a notification pops up on my phone. It’s her, telling me she’s inside Barnes & Noble and asking how much longer I’ll be. I tell her I’ll be there in a minute.

I take the items out to my vehicle that I’d purchased, and head back into B&N.

Her interest wasn’t made blatantly obvious when she knocked down the age barrier so much as it was now that she’d been waiting 10 minutes inside another store for me.

I walk in and she’s sitting in a chair in the lounge area by where Starbucks is at, legs crossed, waiting patiently. She sees me and smiles and says “Hey!” and I walk over to her slowly and she says to me: “So you said you were just going to just like, look at some books or whatever?” and I don’t really know what she’s getting at, so I just give a confused look and say “yeah…. ?”

She says an actual “drink drink” sounds way better, and unless I was after anything specific here, we should do that instead. It’s only noon, but I like this girl’s style. I accept immediately, and offer a location just down the road. She says that sounds good, and asks me if she should just ride over with me, and I can bring her back to her car when we’re done. I say that sounds good, and as we’re walking out to my vehicle I place my arm around her waist and tease her a little about the early drinks: “You always have breakfast beer?” She laughs and says: “Haha well, I just like to have fun ya know… it’s not like my life is spiraling out of control because I have a couple drinks on my day off!” We both laugh.

Ah, the refreshing carefree and broad minds of 21-year old girls…

The conversation on the way over continues to be very fun. She tells me she’s in school to be an esthetician (skin care), and I tell her I heard about something recently called a “vagacial” which is like a facial for your vagina. She cracks up laughing and says “Oh my god you know what that is?!! That is awesome!” as we’re pulling in to the parking lot.

We park and go inside and sit next to each other at the bar, and order a couple of beers. We’re still talking about vagacials and things like that. She asks me if I manscape “down there” and I respond that yes I have been ”known to landscape the southern region of the Jones estate”, to which she cracks up laughing even more than before and slaps my thigh.

I’m thinking this could be an easy pull after a couple beers or so.

We sit and continue talking, and the bartender had mentioned something about how the Mega-Millions lottery jackpot is like almost $600 million dollars and the three of us are talking about it. The bartender walks down to the other end of the bar when a couple other folks come inside, and she and I continue talking about this.

I ask her what she would do if she were to win that amount of money. She says she would move to the Caribbean. I say that sounds like a pretty good idea, and that she wouldn’t even have to peddle marijuana since she’d have millions of dollars.

She asks me what I’d do with the money. I say I’d give most of it away, buy homes for all my family and cars for all my friends, and then start a business. She says that I had better not win it, because that would mean she’d never see me again. I respond jokingly, “That’s not true. You could be my Tuesday girl” with a teasing smile and we both laugh and she just says “Oh god!!” and pushes me in the ribs.

At this point, she swivels her chair in my direction and opens her body up toward mine and asks me why I thought it was so important to know how old she was right away. She explains:

Her: I just think things like age only matter to closed-minded people. Personally, you know, women actually have fantasies about sex with men that they don’t even know their name. (she goes off on a bit of a tangent here)
Me: HB, I think it’s really nice that you’re sharing this with me. It’s something that most men don’t really quite understand. They grow up with moms and sisters and grandmothers and their brains get all clouded and they don’t really see women as the sexual beings that they really are. They tend to see women as just “good girls” that have sex to procreate and nothing more.
Her: (looking down and away from me while smiling, peeling the label off her second empty beer bottle) Well, I’m not really a good girl.
Me: None of you really are (with a smirk). So hey, what do you think? Another beer, or should we go grab some take out and chill out and watch some tv or something?
Her: I am starving! But, I don’t want to go in anywhere if that’s ok. We can just grab something, and my apartment is right by Marley’s pub downtown if you want to come over and hang out for a bit?
Me: (acting like I’m thinking about it for a second) Sure, I can visit for a little bit. Do you need your car?
Her: Can you take me later?
Me: Sure, that works.

(Oh yeah, it’s on ;P)

We get in my vehicle and drive over. When she goes inside she turns the tv on for me and goes to the bathroom. I have to go too, so I use the restroom when she’s done. I come back out of the bathroom and she’s on the couch turning on her laptop and says she wants to show me something.

I sit down next to her, and grab the laptop and place it on the coffee table and say “I have something else in mind” and grab her right arm with my left hand, pull her in firmly and put my right hand behind her head and we kiss.

No resistance at all, she actually sheds her own clothing off and is pulling at my belt buckle in a frenzied passion. I carry her into her bedroom and throw her on the bed, and we proceed to have hot, steamy sex for the next couple of hours.

Man, this girl was a lot of fun. If only they were all like that…

NJ

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Your LRs are simply amazing, NarrowJ. It looks too easy.

By the way, I really liked your fundamentals article. Great work with that =D.

metomeya

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Dam that was awesome.

Ya, I love how you played it cool, but kept pushing forward without looking pushy. You didn't open with the whole single thing cause you knew she already liked you. Funny, even without reading their body language, or even looking at their body, I can tell when a girl likes me when she is standing next to me. It is like a sixth sense.

Anyways, there is not a Starbuck at B&N. They only sell Starbucks coffee. I found this out when I tried to use my Starbucks gift card there. I proceeded to throw it in the cashier's face.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
NJ, every time I see a LR posted "by NarrowJ" I feel a little thrill of excitement—but this one was even better than expected!

I think that Ricardus's article "Street to Bed in a Snap" ought to cross-reference this thread directly as a textbook example of how it's done. Zero social context, zero dating, zero BS: just storedrinkbed! It's like seeing a professional skier negotiate a slalom course: "Just point downhill and GO" (shrug). Ha!

NarrowJ said:
I didn’t really end up finishing either of those chores though, because I would be busy flogging a cute brunette all afternoon and into the evening.
Now there's a good reason to take a day off of work ;)

NarrowJ said:
I then take a couple of steps away from her, eyeballing the contents of the large glass case. She waits a second or two, and then takes a couple of steps in my direction.
Way to set a chase frame before you've even opened!

NarrowJ said:
Me: Hey! (smile)
Her: Hi (smiles back at me)
Me: Where’s your coat? You’re going to freeze!
Her: I’m wearing a coat! Haha what do you think this is?!
Me: That’s not a coat! That’s a moto jacket. Stylish though. You actually look fantastic.
Her: Oh well thank you! (big smile)
If there were ever a book with the title How to Deliver a Direct Opener, this example should be on the flyleaf.

NarrowJ said:
Me: Ok, so you look young. I have to ask you how old you are… (skeptical look)
Okay so that's how it's done. I miss a few approaches every time I'm in a mall or department store because I'm seriously concerned the girl might be too young. I'm talking girls I'm pretty sure are 19 or 20 but might just be two or three years younger. They all wear makeup these days which makes them look much older and I don't want to find myself in an embarrassing situation. I like your cool approach to the issue. Easy as pie to exit with a polite smile and good-bye if you get the wrong answer.

NarrowJ said:
Her: You don’t look old at all! Plus, that’s not really a big deal anyway.
Love her answer here which is even more of a giveaway than her checking you out before you opened.

NarrowJ said:
It’s nice to meet you. (not extending my hand)
Is this your standard policy? What's the reasoning behind it?

NarrowJ said:
I just give a confused look and say “yeah…. ?”
Nice way to get a woman to go on with what she was really thinking... like your gentle encouragement here.

NarrowJ said:
She asks me if I manscape “down there” and I respond that yes I have been ”known to landscape the southern region of the Jones estate”, to which she cracks up laughing even more than before and slaps my thigh.
It's basically over by this point, as you go on to point out... you're just spinning out the rest of it for our enjoyment! :) Nice crack by the way... good to hear your girl appreciates the humor.

NarrowJ said:
She says that I had better not win it, because that would mean she’d never see me again. I respond jokingly, “That’s not true. You could be my Tuesday girl” with a teasing smile and we both laugh and she just says “Oh god!!” and pushes me in the ribs.
Way to set a "bad boy" frame.

NarrowJ said:
Her: I just think things like age only matter to closed-minded people. Personally, you know, women actually have fantasies about sex with men that they don’t even know their name. (she goes off on a bit of a tangent here)
Me: HB, I think it’s really nice that you’re sharing this with me. It’s something that most men don’t really quite understand. They grow up with moms and sisters and grandmothers and their brains get all clouded and they don’t really see women as the sexual beings that they really are. They tend to see women as just “good girls” that have sex to procreate and nothing more.
Her: (looking down and away from me while smiling, peeling the label off her second empty beer bottle) Well, I’m not really a good girl.
This is like something straight out of an Alek Rolstad article.

NarrowJ said:
I come back out of the bathroom and she’s on the couch turning on her laptop and says she wants to show me something.

I sit down next to her, and grab the laptop and place it on the coffee table and say “I have something else in mind” and grab her right arm with my left hand, pull her in firmly and put my right hand behind her head and we kiss.
Exemplary instance of hitting an escalation window the moment it's open... BAM!

NarrowJ said:
Man, this girl was a lot of fun. If only they were all like that…
NJ, what do you do with all these girls when you've taken them as lovers? Set up booty calls with them at varying intervals?

Or is that no one's business but your own? =)

Thanks for a tremendous read!
-Marty

PinotNoir

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
”known to landscape the southern region of the Jones estate”

Haha, I love this and may have to steal it.

I agree with ozzo that it just looks too easy for you! Every LR. I'm hoping that one day I can make it this easy. I'm sure it just takes work and patience. For me, once I get the number, it's hard to continue. I just chat for a bit and leave. Then, I set up a date and go on it. The way that you exchange #s just so that you don't lose each other in B&N is really smooth, and then get the instant date (and instant sex).

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Okay so I'm trying to understand framing completely since I realize how important it is. After all we're constantly setting frames when we talk to people so we might as well learn how to use them to our advantage hey? Btw NJ this was definitely a classic I think this one along with Zphix's last LR should be paired together as "Insta lays" and stickied... Any takers???

Anyway so I'm going to dissect the last dialogue that NJ had here in the bar and pick out the frames as homework. My understanding of frames is that they are "the underlying meaning of conversation threads" so here we go. Please someone correct me if I'm doing this wrong.

Me: None of you really are (with a smirk). So hey, what do you think? Another beer, or should we go grab some take out and chill out and watch some tv or something?
Her: I am starving! But, I don’t want to go in anywhere if that’s ok. We can just grab something, and my apartment is right by Marley’s pub downtown if you want to come over and hang out for a bit?
Me: (acting like I’m thinking about it for a second) Sure, I can visit for a little bit. Do you need your car?
Her: Can you take me later?
Me: Sure, that works.

Her: I want you to know that I'm a sexual being just like you are and as long as you turn me on I could give a fuck about age.
NJ: I know that and glad you're showing me this side of you.
Her: I'm DTF
NJ: I know. So what do you think we go have sex then.
Her: Yes I'd love too! What do you say we do it at my house since there are good logistics?
NJ: Yes that sounds good. Do you want to get your car or fuck now?
Her: Fuck now
NJ: Sounds good!

So there you have it the underlying meaning of every sentence that was spoken. When you look at it like this it's so nifty how we can hide the real meaning of our conversations with words. It also makes it a lot more fun this way too. It's like both parties are aware of the underlying meaning but aren't 100% sure leaving for a bunch of anticipation and sexual tension. Oohhh yeahhh babbbyy.

-Rob

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Rob:

Real neat dissection. Thanks, you should do more of them.

I vote this thread be stickied too (along with your analysis of NJ's LR).

-Marty

Nuncle

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi NJ

Your FRs really help me visualise how it should be done, and how I would like to do it when I get the skills.

Quick question: What was the significance of not offering your hand to shake?

>