LR-  On a Train

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
It makes me so happy to write my first real field report. I started actively practicing the techniques on GC starting about three weeks ago. And yesterday, on a ten hour train ride between Los Angeles and San Jose, I met a girl on the train going to a city further on the route than mine. About six hours later we were in the train baggage area, then the bathroom hooking up. This experience, the situation and the speed, is unprecedented for me, and though it did not end exactly the way I would have liked, it still feels like remarkable progress.

----

In Los Angeles, I board a train at 10:00am, a ten hour trip to Northern California I picked specifically for the amazing scenery en route.

Prior to boarding, I pre-opened and did small random chit-chat with three girls in the station, hoping that this would build momentum a little bit as the journey got underway. None of them lasted longer than a minute, and a fourth girl even out right ignored me when I tried to talk to her. Not exactly the best footing of confidence starting out, but my hopes were up.

When the train boards I get to my seat, sit for a bit, then go downstairs to the bathroom. As I exit, I see a cute girl dressed far differently from most people waiting (train is a bi-level). She looks at me and I hold eye contact as I walk towards her to go upstairs to my seat. She seems like a very eccentric and artsy type, full of bright color and with dyed locks. I see she's wearing a striking yellow scarf, so I walk up to her scarf and touch it while maintaining eye contact, and say:

ME: "I really like your scarf, it's really neat. Where did you get it?"
HER: "Thanks, it's my favorite color [yellow]. It matches yours" <I happened to be wearing a bright yellow sweater>
ME: "Oh...I guess you're right! Are you headed anywhere interesting?"
HER: "I'm going to Redding."
ME: "Wow, that's pretty far. Near Mount Shasta? You have a looooong way to go huh?"
HER: "Haha, yeah..."
ME: "What are you going all the way out there for?"

At this time we get interrupted by the conductor she was waiting for. I don't say anything else or wait, I just go up and sit down in my seat, where I hang out for two hours reading. Then, I take a stroll through the train: It's time to see who's on here and who's going to be in the lounge. My real motivation was actually to get a seat in the lounge for the amazing scenery, but on my walk back, I notice the same girl sitting there by herself at a booth, eating and on the phone. Though there were lotssss of open tables and seats, I make eye contact with her and ask:

ME: "Can I sit with you for a bit?"
HER: "Sure, but I'm holding on the line."
ME: "Are you doing business calls on your train?"
HER: "Haha, yeah, but most of it is just waiting." <She is holding a long, long list of people she needs to call>
ME: "Well, I wanted to tell you that you have the most striking style I've seen all morning. Are you a creative type?" <said with a very straight face>
HER: "Actually, I am! I do performing arts."

I introduce myself and we start talking about her work and hobbies, as it also shifts back and forth between me and what I do. But her calls keep interrupting, and at these times I just turn back to the book I brought to read. When she finishes one call and waits for the next, we resume. This happens about four times before she randomly just gets up with her stuff during one call and goes downstairs where it is quieter. I stay put, read, and eventually start talking to someone else near me. She came back once, we chatted some more, and then again she gets up to leave but leaves her coffee. This time get up and take her seat. She came back 15 min later and takes the coffee without saying anything, but made eye contact with a warm smile. I continue talking to someone else, but as she's leaving ask her where she's going. She says for a refill. Well, that was a silly move on my part. I don't see her again for some time.

It's around 1:00pm, and I head down to the bathroom. Right in front of it she sits, on yet another call. I don't say anything on my way in, but on the way out I engage from a distance:

ME: "Still on those, huh?"
HER: "I think it will be a while."
ME: "Well, maybe you should take a break soon, the next three hours are the best part of the trip."
HER: "I'll try."

I leave, head back up and find a NEW place to sit in the lounge, one with a seat open right next to me and a great view of the California coast. I have a lunch appointment in the dining car at 2:00pm, so an hour to kill. But at 1:30pm, she comes up and sits a few seats away but in my view. Somehow we make eye contact, and she motions if the seat next to me is open. I tell her it is, and she gets up and sits. Now I have her full attention AND she's next to me, and so we talk...for quite a while. And as we talk, I slowly start to make physical contact and AMP it up as I go. First, I touch her lightly on the shoulder. Then I move to her elbow and forearm. We're talking about life, her college, her travels around the world, languages she knows. She seems to be very free spirited and open minded, likes adventure and new experiences. This is setting the stage in my mind that she is probably someone I can move fast with.

Our meeting gets interrupted at 1:50 with another call, she gets up to take it but says she will be right back. I sit alone and decide that I am going to skip the lunch: I would rather take my chances and wait. She comes back at 2:10 and sits next to me. I decide mentally that I am going to see how far I can take this.

I open the topic of relationships. Specifically:

ME: "Are you single?"
HER: "Yeah, I've been for a year. Are you?"
ME: "Yeah...Just a month."

Naturally she asks about what happened, and we start talking about what we like in others, as well as our lives and what she's learned in her relationships about her life. Somehow the topic goes into spirituality. I ramped it up when I pointed out her tattoo on her leg, hidden beneath stockings. I touched her leg at this area, on her upper thigh, and asked her to tell me about it. We start talking about tattoos. THEN, at some point, I just took her hand to examine it. She was wearing some really interesting rings and bracelets, and as she's talking about them I realize that she is NOT taking her hand away. It's just sitting there on my leg and in my hand, calmly. So...I clasp my hand into hers, like we're dating, and she reciprocates and clasps back. At this point her body language changes COMPLETELY. She gets CLOSE to me, her legs are now rubbing up against mine. I take my free arm and put it around her like we're a couple, and she pretty much nuzzles into my body comfortably. And after yet more talk, her face is pretty much in mine. Our noses are about an inch or two apart. She's not looking directly into me, just into the distance to my side.

I'm thinking, holy shit! What now? What now?

I'm trying hard to find and continue topics, but I also know internally that the window is open, and if I keep waiting it will close. I think I hesitated for a good fifteen minutes, and I could feel the window closing. As it started to close, her body got less close to mine and we were moving a little distant while talking about unrelated emotional subjects. Not really knowing what to do, I pushed her in closer during a brief break in the conversation...

ME: "How do you like to kiss?" <deep, sexual voice>
HER: "Um...I like all sorts of ways, I guess it depends on the moment really."
ME: "Like how?"
HER: "Sometimes you just match what the other person feels"

And I gently reach across her face and turn it to mine, and go for it. Nothing, just eskimo kissing. I brush her lips with mine but she turns away. I wait a little longer and try again. Same thing. A little more conversation for five minutes, and this time I am a little more persistent and gently manhandle her face. It works, we connect...just for five seconds. This goes on for a bit, short kissing but nothing long, and I start to get the sense she's a little nervous because the lounge is full of people around us. She suggests we go down and get some water. Saved!

It is now around 3:00pm.

We get water and sit in a more secluded area downstairs. I get comfortable with her and now she starts going at it a little deeper and longer. Her breathing is very heavy, I can tell by the way she is talking to me: she is struggling to get words out of her mouth. But still no intense make out. So...I offer to give her a massage. A fifteen minute massage later and she's much more relaxed, and returns the favor to me. It's good to know she reciprocates, but right after we finish she goes to the bathroom. I did not follow as there were four other strangers in the area just hanging around, and when she came back it was a different attitude from her: all conversation, and mainly just her talking a LOT. It was starting to bug me, she kept talking about religion and her connection to God and the world. Also, she's sitting facing me now on the same bench, but her body language mirrors mine. After twenty minutes I changed the vibe a little by telling her to come sit closer to me, and kissing again when she did. Soon after she says she needs to get back to her work, and that we should hang out before my stop. I instead ask her how much time she needs...just an hour (we have about five hours left together), so I suggest that we meet again in two. She agrees, I tell her I will find her at her seat, and she leaves while I stay back for a few minutes.

I take a moment now to search the train. Where can I bring this girl to escalate, especially with so many people on board constantly moving around? I find the answer in a coach car with a large empty baggage area below, as well as a series of bathrooms on the other side. It seems that people go down there to make phone calls without disturbing others, so this might be a logistics issue later. The girl seems down, it's more a question of WHERE. It's probably better to strike while the iron is hot.

I go back to the lounge and read/eat by myself. She walked by at one point and did a small sexy smile and wave. I also engaged two other girls but that went nowhere.

It's almost 5:00pm. The sun is going to set soon, around 6:00pm, but it's also going to dip under mountains. I go find her at her seat and tell her to come join me, we can watch the sunset together. I bring her to the lounge and now we're basically sitting like a unit, next to each other but my arm is wrapped around her shoulders and my other at the inner thigh, basically pulling her into me. We start talking about sex. This is something I like to do with some girls...if they seem like open, free-spirited types, I ask them about what they like in bed. Every detail, from kissing, to how she likes being bitten, where and when, to how she likes her nipples sucked and squeezed. It's nice to know so that when we actually start, I can do my best to provide the things she likes. I feel it's important to do this after a physical connection has already been established, otherwise it can backfire.

So now I start kissing her passionately, but she's still resistant. Better, but I can feel that she's holding back. We're talking to each other deeply and sexually.

ME: "I want to show you something in a few minutes."
HER: "Ummm....okay??" <looking worried...I sense she thinks I am talking about my penis>
ME: "It's in the next train car...and you have a DIRTY mind!" <kind of push her off me>
HER: "Hahaha...maybe a little?"

And a few minutes later I tell her "let's go" and she follows me to the baggage area, where we find a "spot" around a corner and start going at it. She's skinny and light, and all of a sudden as I'm pushing her up against the wall and exploring her body, she is actually reciprocating. No clothes are off, just passionate and aggressive exploration and kissing. This lasts for half an hour or so, but unfortunately we get interrupted twice by two people coming to make phone calls. One of them goes and stands right by the bathrooms across the hall and stays there on a loooong call. We can't make a move into them now without being seen.

Now it's around 6:30pm.

We go to the other train cars to try and find a secluded bathroom, but all the rest have many people sitting near them and watching. Shit. Back to the lounge, and by now the sexual vibe has dropped drastically. I get some wine for us, breaking the rule of not paying for her...whatever. We continue to snuggle up really close, it's mainly her doing the work to nuzzle at this point while I'm initiating kissing and guiding the topics. I ask her what she likes in bed, and I kiss her every now and then to restart the sexual vibe.

At 7:30pm, we go down again back to the baggage car, separately. I tell her I'm going to go check on it, and that she could come when I text her (now I also have her contact info, and we had agreed earlier that we would try to meet again).

----

And success! She comes down ten minutes later into the bathroom and we go AT IT! It's extremely intense and fast this time, and I'm having a great time...

...until I get Performance Anxiety. UGH! It won't get hard, I can't keep my head straight and focused on my sensations. She tries to go down on me and massage it, and I try my hardest to stop thinking about it, but nothing works. I work on her instead, and I think I showed her a fun time given the cramped circumstances, but I can also feel a sense of disappointment: about half an hour in she starts bringing up the fact that my stop is probably close, even though it's at least 45min later. Plenty of time. I take a little more time on her and get myself going a little bit mentally, but still cannot shake it off as a part of me is in panic and worried, exacerbating the problem. Shit! And to make it more crazy, somehow as we were going at it we bumped into the door and it unlocked. Someone opened it and nearly walked in on us! Now she's even more skittish, and starts putting on her clothes, saying "your stop is probably close, wouldn't want you to miss it." I don't really know what to do now, it's been a good run. I ask her where she's going: "back to my seat. That was a really fun train ride!" and we part ways soon after more passionate kissing. We agree to try to meet up again in my home city, which she travels to frequently.

I got off that train at 8:30 with a huge smile on my face and a great story!

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Ozz,

Train is fucking crampy, as i know but damn, this was cool. :)

Zac

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Ozz,

I saw the title, and knew this was going to be good. Great detail in your writing, thank you for doing that!

Ozz said:
ME: "I really like your scarf, it's really neat. Where did you get it?"
HER: "Thanks, it's my favorite color [yellow]. It matches yours" <I happened to be wearing a bright yellow sweater>

Sign of interest in her first sentence.

Ozz said:
So...I clasp my hand into hers, like we're dating, and she reciprocates and clasps back. At this point her body language changes COMPLETELY. She gets CLOSE to me, her legs are now rubbing up against mine. I take my free arm and put it around her like we're a couple, and she pretty much nuzzles into my body comfortably. And after yet more talk, her face is pretty much in mine. Our noses are about an inch or two apart. She's not looking directly into me, just into the distance to my side.

Very much an "its on" moment. I'd even say the moment started when she clasped her hand back, actually. That's a sign to move forward, physical escalation-wise.

Didn't find any glaring flaws, or anything; I'd say this was great quality. Hope to see more like this from you, Ozz!

~Nick

Supah

Space Monkey
space monkey
Ozz,

Nice persistence while still seeming pretty effortless.
well played!

btw nice story

Supah

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thanks for all your comments! The feedback is much appreciated.

PrettyDecent said:
Very much an "its on" moment. I'd even say the moment started when she clasped her hand back, actually. That's a sign to move forward, physical escalation-wise

Yes, it definitely felt like it began when she clasped back. I had never realized how powerful this kind of physical contact can be.

Mr. oblivious

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Really good LR

considering the circumstances you did really well

think which i noticed which where done well with your interactions is that you used the little information you had to begin with to build connections and make her believe you knew her deeply e.g. using the bright scarf to predict she is the artistic type etc.

You also handled your logistics very well using the 2 hour grace period to make sure you knew where you could go to escalate in your next interaction with her

Bad luck on the performance anxiety

And do you have any tips of touching ? i find thats my weak point cause i just find it awkward going for the touch maybe its a confidence issue but i don't want to go for the elbow touch then kinda miss or not execute it smoothly

>