LR  First date with girl who picked me up the previous Friday

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
On Thursday I ended up sleeping with the girl who I met the previous week as detailed in my journal:
2. Got picked up by a girl on Friday night, which was fun. I was out with some old uni friends, and later on in the night two cute brunettes approached me and asked me to take their photo. I did, and they wanted me to take more to get the lighting perfect. I teased them to no end about this and they loved it. Eventually they roped me into taking photos of the entire group (there were four of them) and I started joking about expecting payment for this. I love being the sole dude in a group of girls - it's happened a few times on nights out and I feel like a boss every time (of course it doesn't compare to sleeping with them though!).

After I started joking about getting paid, one offered to buy me a drink - she was the least attractive of the group (a little bigger than the rest but still cute!) while another one actually started reaching for her wallet before the one buying my drink stopped her. After making chit chat at the bar she started blatantly flirting with me, asking me if I was single - when I told her my name she loved it and just said "your name, god, can you get any sexier??" She asked for my number and I called my phone with it. Didn't sleep with her because her friends came to get her because they had to leave (I don't know, I feel like if I'd tried taking her home her friends might have objected and it would have caused a bit of trouble). But I've set up a date with her for this week.

Even though she wasn’t that attractive, this was a pretty big milestone for me since I’ve never slept with anyone on the first date before. This was also the first time I had the intent of sleeping with her on the first date and so planned accordingly.

I live near a busy street near the city center, close to a lot of bars and cafes. I chose a bar 10 minutes away from my place and met her there. She was less cute than I remembered (must have been the beer goggles) but still ok. As soon as she arrived she started touching me a lot – something would have been very wrong if I managed to mess this up.

We sat down, ordered food and drinks and started talking – about work, dating and everything in between. The conversation was a bit stunted because I wasn’t super into her – I tend to have an easier time talking to attractive women (the conversations are still fairly platonic though), but escalation with them is usually a problem because they’re usually not the first to initiate. And with less attractive women I’m pretty awkward (almost disinterested) in the conversation but they work harder to escalate so it’s easier.

(Regarding what I said about attractive women - see my FR+ for a date I went on the next night with a more attractive woman where she pretty much told me that she thought I had no personality but that I then managed to turn around unknowingly, with the end result being she kissed me first and I'm pretty sure was willing to sleep with me. What she said was still rough though, and it’s still causing me a bit of an existential crisis, but it was a dose of reality that I needed…)

After we were done eating, I led her to the next bar a few minutes away. We must have spent an hour there just drinking cocktails when I steered the conversation towards Black Mirror. I did this on purpose, because soon after that I invited her back to mine to watch an episode. She paused for a bit, then shrugged her shoulders and agreed. On the way back she started shittesting me. She asked if I had any wine back at mine – I didn’t – and she made fun of me for that. I suggested going to a bottleshop and buying some, but everywhere was closed. She started complaining that she was cold even though I said it was a short walk, and said we needed to go to another bar first – so I agreed. She bought me another round, we sat down, talked and flirted. I was pretty drunk at this point and started acting a bit awkward – a more attractive girl would have definitely punished me for it but this girl let it slide. She leaned in and we kissed for a bit but I pulled back quickly saying “that’s all you get for now” – I could tell that frustrated her! We were only there for a short time – I don’t remember which one of us suggested leaving because by that point I was pretty drunk.

A few minutes later we got to my place. She asked if I had a TV in my room – there wasn’t, only in the living room. While I put on Netflix she managed to find some of my old housemates alcohol lying around and poured some for us (my housemate doesn’t live there anymore so it was ok). We didn’t drink much of it before we started making out on the couch. The sex was pretty bad – I started eating her out and then she asked if I had a condom – I did but I wasn’t getting hard. We hugged and kissed and gave each other oral for like 20 minutes but it wasn’t working, and she started getting dry too. Uh oh. Eventually I started jerking myself off to get hard and that worked, then I went in raw. I started doing adapted missionary – my right arm wasn’t grabbing her shoulder though – she was moaning and telling me not to stop but I didn’t last very long and pulled out..

We spooned for 20 minutes afterwards and she asked what bed I had. I told her it was a king single (I know I need a double, but my living situation has been so lousy this year with constant moves that I’ve avoided getting one) and she paused for a while before saying she should go home (not in a dismissive way though). I jokingly asked her if she would have stayed if it was a queen and she said no. And that was it, she called a cab and left (she ended up leaving her jacket here and when I texted her to tell her she replied “I guess that’s a reason for me to come back”.)

She still wants to see me again but I’m not too keen because I don’t find her that attractive, but I probably should just to get more experience since I really need it. We’ll see what happens.

Main lessons:

- Get a TV at the end of my bed
- Have wine at home.
- Adapted missionary works – I just have to last longer.
- Also forgot to ask her if she was on the pill but I pulled out. Big big mistake that I won't make again.

>