FR-: Hail Mary Incomplete

itsbobbybitch

Space Monkey
space monkey
I was typing up a field report in one of the learning centers on my campus when I saw her walking by through the window I was facing. Her hair, twisted in long faux locs, obscured her face so I couldn’t tell if she was cute, but her ass was crazy. After about 10 seconds of deliberating (read: approach anxiety), I figured I’d regret not talking to her. I got up out my chair and went after her. I spotted her walking up a flight of stairs that is notorious on my campus for being both incredibly tall and painfully long, so much so that it is a common joke that it’s okay to skip leg day if you ended up walking those stairs at some point in the week. She was almost to the top, so I had to haul ass to reach her before she disappeared.

I quickly bounded up the steps. A few moments to catch my breath would’ve been nice, but I knew I had no time to waste. I went up to her, and opened her the best I could without letting on that I was dying.

She hooked immediately. I was glad to see that she was pretty cute. She had really pretty brown eyes and full, kissable lips. I couldn’t go for the insta-date because I had a paper to write that was worth 50% of my grade; I let her know this, and I told her we should meet up over the weekend. She said she was busy, but she’d loved to meet up the following week. I took her number and bid her farewell.

Fast forward a few days later. I’m going with the usual plan - I’m gonna show her a few “secret” spots on campus and hopefully smash her in one of those spots. I’m not too big of a fan of this date template, as I really have to be running tight game to pull this off successfully given that all of those “secret spots” are outdoors, but due to highly unfavorable logistics (I live about 35 minutes away from campus) it’s what I’m usually forced to work with if I’m going on a date with a girl from my school. Nevertheless, it’s worked for me in the past.

Anyhow, she shows up looking damned good, noticeably cuter than I remembered her to be despite her not having changed her appearance in any significant way. It must’ve been her outfit - she had on this crop top and some tight fitting jeans that showed off her athletic figure. She’d later tell me she used to be a dancer.

We greet and get to walking. I cover all the usual bases (“what do you study? why that field and not another? what about it are you passionate about”), but although she’s not necessarily being shy, she’s not giving me much to work with in her replies.

The conversation goes on as we get closer to the first spot, with me trying to carry the conversation and her giving me okay-ish responses. The general vibe between us never dips to the point of awkwardness, but it never picks up to a happier plane either. It just felt kinda neutral, even platonic at some points.

We get to the entrance of the spot. We have to climb down a hill, and I make sure to lead her by her on the way down so I could get in some much-needed touch where I could. Now that we’re down, we’re officially at the first “spot”, a secluded overgrowth with a few small clearings that made for great smoke spots. It had only been a few months since I was last there, but apparently the whole place was under construction to make way for another residence hall. Our path was closed off by a few fences, but it didn’t matter as she was very ready to climb over them. That made me happy to see - I like athletic, adventurous girls.

After we climb over a few fences we take a second to sit down at the first clearing. There’s a silence between us. I’m at my wits end, I don’t really know what I could say to help the vibe. Bored with carrying the conversation, and feeling the need to ratchet up the stakes a bit, I gamble on a risky move. I kiss her on the lips for like 5 seconds, pull back, looked in her eyes for a sec, then I pull her face to mine again and kissed her on the cheek (yeah, I got too excited here). She then pulls back and asks me if we can cool it with the kissing. I stop and asked her why. I don’t remember what she told me exactly, but it was one of those super generic responses that says something without really saying anything at all. I told her that her response didn’t do much to help me understand what she’s feeling or why she’s feeling that way, and that I wanted to understand where she was coming from. She just says that she was feeling the date, but not the kisses. I don’t press her any further; I just let it drop, and tell her that we’ll keep on going.

I don’t let her reaction change my behavior, but from there on out the vibe was different. She didn’t seem uncomfortable - she hadn’t at any point except that moment where I kissed her on the cheek - but something was off. We still stood somewhat close to each other as we did before but there was a subtle, yet noticeable distance between us nevertheless. I wasn’t sure whether it was the kiss that caused it or if it was there to begin with and it just became apparent to me at that moment.

We spent about 15 more minutes together before I lead her out of the spot. If I felt like she was being quiet before, she really wasn’t saying much now, so I prodded by telling her she seemed quiet.

“Eh, I feel like I’m doing most of the talking.” She most certainly was not.

I asked her if she was down to see the second spot, but she said she had work to do, and that we’d go see it “next time”. I’ve heard that one enough times to know better.

I walked her back to her dorm. She hugged me goodbye, a tad bit too politely. I wished her farewell. Withering under the pressure of neediness and disappointment, I followed up by telling her I’d talk to her soon.

And that was that. I texted her a few days later telling her I enjoyed hanging with her, but as I expected she didn’t text me back.

Analysis

There’s so much I messed up on, it’d be a pain to write about it all. I’ll just cover the two things that stick out to me the most:

1) The Kiss

In many ways I consider myself to be a beginner. I don’t really know wtf is going on half the time so I’m just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. It works sometimes. Of the 13 girls I’ve smashed in the past 3 years (thanks GC team), there were two instances, both of which were similar to this one where the vibe was dying and I needed something big to correct course, in which I kissed the girl I was with, parted ways, met up later and smashed. However, after the events of this report I can see that won’t be an optimal strategy in the long-run.

I’ve long been aware that Chase advises that we shouldn’t kiss girls if we’re not ready to seal the deal right then and there. I scoured the boards for more insight on the subject and a found a quote from Franco:

You should not be physically escalating in a location where you cannot close the deal. So where you plan to go for the kiss should also be the location you plan to take her clothes off and have sex. I recommend getting her to a private location first (i.e. your living space, her living space, the backseat of your car, etc).”

So ya. That’s that I guess.

2) The Kiss (Attainability Woes)

She was pretty juiced about seeing me, over text at least, so I suspect the kiss made her feel like I just wanted to fuck her and nothing else. That’s it, that’s my theory.

I’d really appreciate any insights you guys may have to offer. I know my field reports are kinda long, I’m working to cut them down.

BigS

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey man,

Nice report. It shows a lot of compliance on the girls part that she's willing to hop over fences and chill in a deserted forrest with you, lol.

What it sounds like to me is that you missed some escalation windows early on, the mood started to die, and then you made a big move to try to resurrect it.

I would focus on moving faster with her. Maybe change your date template to something that allows you to move faster.

Keep in mind the general momentum of the date--if the y-axis is escalation, and the x-axis is time, the flow of your date should ALWAYS have a positive slope.

Ive found that steps backwards from escalation (negative slopes) or even gaps in time (zero slope) are big attraction killers.

I think you simply took too long to make your move and her attraction/horniness died out.

Find a new girl and try again :)

Cheers,

BigS

>