FR 
Couldn’t handle the tests

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
So I had a date yesterday with a girl.

I met her last week and opened her direct. She seemed open but a little shy. She was from Kansas and is an interior designer. I think I should have gone on an insta date that day, but I wasn’t free.

So I met her around 6:30 for drinks, and I took her to this hot chocolate place. I suggest what I usually do that we order a hot chocolate and a alcoholic drink, and she gives me a funny look, but says sure. She later says she doesn’t like hot chocolate, so I end up drinking that and she ends up drinking the alcohol.

I try to deep dive but I’m having a harder time than usual. I also don’t know why but the entire interaction felt less sexual than usual. The conversation was also not flowing as smoothly as it usually does, even though we were talking pretty well, so that disconnect felt weird. I tried broaching the subject of dating here, and asked her what it was like compared to the dating scene where she had moved from. She said she didn’t know, since she hadn’t really engaged in it.

She also told me this story where she was acting very crazy while traveling, but that she usually wasn’t like that. She also said she was a type A person, and also was not very close with her family.

I suggest that we go to another bar, and she is down, so I go to the usual spot to play shuffleboard. I get us some beers and we play, and I try to make it a little competitive and give high fives here and there. On one of them we end up holding hands for a second so I think it’s going well. I suggest we get out of there and I weakly suggest that we go to my place for drinks, or that we go to another place. She says that we should go to another place.

We go there and I have her buy the drinks this time, and we talk. I try being more sexual and touching her a little more and ask her stories about her tattoo. I also touch her leg a little more intermittently.

She then starts asking me why I’m drinking so slowly and starts making a lot of fun of me for it. I just laugh it off and own up to the fact that I can’t drink a lot, but she still keeps going. I remember having read a joke by Mark Manson that goes like “some of us don’t hate ourselves” which implies she’s an alcoholic. I don’t think she takes this well, even though outwardly she is still laughing. It’s also not feeling fun anymore. She says that she’s going to go home to eat food, and so we part ways.

Not sure how I should have dealt with the tests at the end. I also think I should pushed for going home after the second place.

Any feedback would be great.

Last edited:

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Gotta up the "gentlemanly Kino" have her take your arm as you walk down the street, Impromptu dance and spin when you hear music.

Find Common things you can both identify with. Places you have been, TV shows you like, embarrassing experiences you have both had....

Eye contact. More eye contact. Especially from afar.

>