FR  Sarcastic Freshman

Ambiance

Modern Human
Modern Human
Met her in line at my campus food court week and a half ago. Purposefully misinterpreted her trying to cut me in line, and gave her some shit before warming up and striking a conversation. She seems pretty into me right off the bat, hooking easily. Don't remember all we talked about, just that I was pretty chill and got some compliance touch right away. At one point I ask her if she's having dinner with anyone, and she tells me with her friends, and I bait her by saying I was going to invite her to eat with me, which she says sounds like fun and she can eat with her friends whenever.

We grab a table and start talking. We both have this sarcastic/competitive thing going, and as we get more comfortable I start to frame her as a man-eater and that I'm her latest prey, all while looking at her hungrily. I do plenty of deep diving, though I do a good amount of talking myself, which I would change if I could go back.

After an hour or so we're feeling pretty connected and are very flirty, and I'm using my typical innuendos. However, I'm not thinking and tell her I need to go workout before the gym closes (I like to eat before I workout, and was already in mu gym clothes). So we part ways after I get her number, and as I'm walking away I wonder if I should have gone for the kill then and there.

I text her a bit, and eventually set up grabbing lunch after my class 3-4 days later. The plan is to date compression it, something I've been meaning to use more. We have a good lunch, and things are less combative and more intimate. I do a lot less of the talking. Towards the end of the lunch date I start touching her more and being more sexual, but preface this by saying I have a meeting in 30 minutes because she had already told me she had class in an hour and a half and I didn't like the logistics. Instead, I ask her what she's doing tonight, and weave in a prior conversation about It's Always Sunny and casually tell her to come over tonight and bring some snacks and maybe a bathing suit for hot tubbing, and we'll watch the latest episode. She seems pretty onboard with the idea. We leave and walk together til we part ways, and I think it's very likely we're getting together that night.

And then... she doesn't show up on time, or even text me, until an hour later after I ping her, where she says she just finished a workout and has a lot of homework. Lol okay... I'm chill about it and don't chase. I'm wondering if she's gonna text me to reschedule, but a few days go by and nothing. I eventually ping her using Chase's greeting/name/consideration/information template, and am bewildered when she never responds.

Probably should have gone for the kill that first night when things were hot. I'd guess either some other guy got her before I did, or she went into some weird auto-rejection (sarcasm in a girl is often a fruit of bad experiences, which open the door for over-reactions). Still annoying, but I've very much had my hands full so it's cool:)

>