FR  First Successful Street Approach

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Just had my first successful street approach! That was fun.

I'm in downtown city area walking into my haircut and see a pretty brunette walking toward me texting on her phone. I need to cross the street, and as I do so slightly look back and she is too.

"You have no excuse to bail on this one" a little voice pops in my head. I get to the corner and instead of turning to my barber joint, glance to my left and see a bar I went to once a long time ago.

She comes up to cross the next corner and just before the signal turns I go,

Me: Hey 'cuse me, do you know where [bar] is?
Her: Yea! :) It's right there! *points across the street*
Me: *cheeky smile* I know, I just thought you were cute and needed a reason to talk to you.
Her: Oh! Haha okay! :)
Me: Are you single?
Her: Yes! I am!
Me: That's gooood. What's your name?
Her: Streetlight girl *starts walking*
Me: Oh are you going?
Her: Ya I'm crossing are you...
Me: Hold up a sec over here, I'm about to get my hair cut right there.
Her: Okay I've got work, but sure I have a few minutes :)
Me: Great, where do you work?
Her: [business], literally right next to [bar] *points*
Me: Nice! What is it you're doing over there?
Her: It's a PR job, so basically public relations in the city.
Me: Is that kind of like consulting with city operations?
Her: Kinda, with us specifically my boss is super involved with social justice and brings a lot of it out - she's great.
Me: That's awesome. It really is all about who you work with too. And you enjoy it?
Her: Yea! I do! We have a lot of great programs moving and I get to talk with a lot of people :)
Me: That's great you enjoy what you do. What was your name again? *puts hand out*
Her: Streetlight Girl :) *holds hand*
Me: Hue :) well, hey, *turns to bar* would you be down to grab a drink at [bar] sometime?
Her: Yea! Totally!
Me: Okay lemme get your #
Her: Okay!
Me: So when do you usually work until?
Her: Most days I come in at 8 and leave by 5.
Me: So your usual 9-5 hours. *hands phone*
Her: Yea but it all depends on what projects we're getting into.
Me: Gotcha.
Me: Ya I just saw you and thought, "I have to talk with her!"
Her: *looks up from phone* :) ya!
Me: Glad I did...
Me: Okay well it was nice meeting you *touches arm* have fun at work!

I noticed her facial expressions would change rapidly depending on what direction / energy I was bringing out from talking. There's a lot of.. data there to collect. I should have let the silence create tension during some parts. Only about a 2-3 minute interaction.

Wasn't even nervous, just a little.. unused to what I was doing. Little to no game plan, yet it felt natural/calm.

Day game pro's, intermediate's, or noobs, lemme know what you think! Brand new to this style.

Hue

razir110

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Good one!

Congrats for having the balls to talk to her in first place!

I would add some deep diving on that. I usually talk about my ethnic origins and about my family a bit and I ask about hers, this is a good way to create a more personal connection rather than just have a superficial talk.

Aside of that I think it's all good. Now the main point is, will you get the date and take her to bed? Always focus on this, not on the phone numbers!

And don't take this as you glory day, keep approaching, take this as a starting point of a new habit.

Let us know how the rest of the story went!

Best!

PS: You have 780 posts and you never approached on the street? What is your game mate? :)

Marcellus

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Farrrrrr, BEAAASSSSSSTTTTTTT!

Hues out during the day, can now confirm that he isn't a vampire haha
I thought it was decent. Personally, don't like asking so many questions but sometimes mofos can't think of anything to say so I just ask questions. And you felt natural/calm so I'm sure you'll pick it up real quick if you start daygaming more often.

-M

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Gratz on the approach Hue! Though it wasn't at a college so it doesn't count for the competition haha :p

But yea, update the thread to tell us how it went!

>