FU  The day I finally got it!

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
This is the most informative Fuck Up I ever had. The initial write up is confined somewhere in my Journal, and I want to share it as a proper Field Report in the hope that others learn a couple of things from it.

In August 2015, I was already about one year into my learning of seduction and dating. I had had already a few successes, but I was still missing an important part of the seducer mindset. Until the experience I want to relate here. It was the most monumental fuck up I ever had in my GC years, but at the same time the most informative failed date and the most valuable lesson. That day I eventually, finally got it.

Carla. Meeting and first date
It was on a Saturday morning, and the girl I had been dating a couple of times before had now turned crazy mad on me. There was no way I would stay alone. So, I opened my WeChat app, turned on the “People Nearby” feature, and started opening about 10 girls. Among them was Carla, 37, pretty, looking 5 years younger and a lot of sensuality. Her profile reads "Don't add me, I won't accept. Not interested" but I deliberately chose to ignore this and sent her a friend invitation anyway.

She accepted immediately. After a little basic get-to-know chat, I proposed her an evening out, to which she answered she has already something committed tonight. "Alright, we do that another time", I said, and throughout the day while busy on various errands, I kept a low intensity chat with her... Until 5 pm, when I reengaged her by text:

Me: Still no plans for tonight so if you think you can free yourself just let me know
Her: It's OK with me if you like - hehe I knew it!
Me: Well, yes I like then! and we then set up the details of the date.
Her initial refusal could have been a simple test. But also, consistently with what I had noticed in a year of online dating, a girl is more comfortable to accept a date if you have chatted with her a little bit before. Most likely her initial refusal just meant "you will need to build more rapport before I can agree". Giving her more low intensity chat time, then persisting in a non needy way turned the deal around. Not badly done!

By 8pm the same evening, we met for the first time in a crowded place. All around, everybody’s eyes were on her. She was tall, thin, long black hair, almost a model, and she was wearing a tight red trousers and black shirt showing bare shoulders, nice and pretty. Definitely doesn't look her 37.

In these days, I was still experimenting with creating tension, and my game tonight consisted in letting her in doubt for a little while, before releasing the tension and breaking the touch barrier. So I deliberately avoided too much smile, avoided touch, and just got her to follow me to my car. We started chatting in the car, but I was still keeping some distance intentionally. After a little drive, I parked the car at a walking distance from the Intercontinental Hotel, where my favorite date spot was - a quality lounge on a 55th floor with panoramic view.

As we walked there, she did not know the way, and at some point she deviated from the path. I then gently took her by the arm and guided her... and I noticed her very subtle sigh of relief. My technique was working, the tension built up so far was relieved when I touched her, with obvious comfort and welcome. I knew I was in! From then I held her hand and led her the rest of the way. She followed my lead very well.

We spent a nice evening with some snacks and wine. I made her talk most of the time, and as per my habitual touch routine I got increasingly physical with her as she was speaking. She was very comfortable with my touch, and from her constant preening her hair, and leaning into me, I could tell she appreciated. I also did my usual "break physical rapport" - which consists in leaving her hand alone, and seeing if she puts it back by herself into mine - and she did. Another great sign.

But it was now 11:30 pm, the next day she had to wake up at 5am to prepare for work... so time to go. I drive her back. We separate, no kissing, and we agreed we'll be in touch on Whatsapp. While I was driving back home, she was the first to text "Thank you for the wonderful night".

Wow! By my standards she liked me very much, and was quite excited by me. Let us set up a second date now.

Setting up the second date and major fuck up
The next day I called her around 8 pm. Swimming pool in my club? She was not sure about joining me. Movies? She didn't like cinema much... Damn, so now what. I kept on chatting with her. Italian restaurant? She mentioned that she didn't like much outdoor activities, and preferred indoors, like cooking. Well a hint like this, I got to take it... right? But I didn’t, how stupid of me. I just kept it open and told her I'd be back with a plan.

Two days later, mid week, I texted her and asked if she'd like to have a walk on the Corniche with me. We both like walking. But no, she wanted to be alone. Damn, the second time she refused a concrete plan to meet. I was now less confident to propose a cooking date at my home on Thursday evening. So... I decided I wanted to see more interest on her part. And also, I didn't like the chasing position I had set myself into. So I retreated a bit from the texting. With her woman's six sense, of course she felt something was off, and on Wednesday evening she texted "are you OK?" to which I answered a lame "Yes. Why?"

The next day was also radio silence on text from both end, until 6:30 pm when she finally texted first:

Her: Happy weekend
Me: Hi Carla. How about my idea of going to the pool tomorrow?
Her: No, I don't like swimming. Another option?
Me I know where this is going, but I try: Any suggestion?
Her: Let's see tomorrow
Me: Come to my home tomorrow afternoon 4pm we'll cook and watch a movie
Her: Okay! then we discuss logistics.
Yessss!! except... The next day I discovered that she blocked my phone number. Whatsapp message sent but not received. The phone rings busy all the time. On Friday 21, 3:30pm I realize that the second date won't happen. Even worse, she broke diplomatic relationships as she cut all means to reach her. I had been way too long to catch the message and act on it.

Major learnings
After a great first date, I fucked up massively.

* With my game and tension building, I am ready to bet that I made her fucking horny on the first date. The best chance to take her to bed would have been right after this first date
* But, given our respective jobs early the next day, the way the date was setup (starting at 8pm) made it very impractical to pull at 11:30pm. If I had setup the date earlier (7pm) and kept the date shorter, it would have been possible to pull her home by 9:30pm, giving ample time for escalation and driving her back still in time.
* I remained stubbornly blind to all the obvious signs that she wanted to be alone with me. I kept pushing for failed date models (fun dates, swimming pool, cinema, restaurant) and ignored her blatant calls for being alone together, showing her I didn’t understand women.
* I set myself in the chaser position in doing so, then had an awkward time on text trying to get myself out of it
* I lost my cool. Uber cool at all times is the name of the game
* My invitation for a cooking date came way, way too late. In fact, I was lucky enough that she kept communicating with me a whole week. Most women would have dropped way before that
* My most major failing, though, was my mindset. It was simply out of my belief system, back then, that a "quality" woman could be hoping you would lead them to sex after a couple of hours of interaction ever. The idea of a woman longing for being seduced was still foreign to me, even after years of reading Girls Chase. It is one thing to read it, it is another to experience it.

My conclusions from this experience
Understand that women want you to lead them to sex. When she’s right in front of you looking excited, she is hoping that you will make it happen. But she just can’t make it too easy or too obvious because it would be slutty.

Also, there is no guarantee that you will get the second date. It could derail for any reason before you get there. Your best chance is on the first date. Even if she has strong "not on first date" principles, you are still better off by attempting sex very early - it puts you in sexual territory, and if she likes you, she will be back for more. So, design your first dates in advance so as to lead to sexual escalation smoothly. You do that by a proper planning of the timing and the logistics.

What happened after
This was an eye opener. I got my lessons right. Three days later I took another girl on a date, I met her around 5:30pm in a coffee shop near my place. At around 7pm, I proposed her to come and cook some food at my home - and it was a walking distance. She came, we cooked, ate, and by 8:30pm she was claiming "You’re amazing!" as I was shagging her. My first first date sex ever - full LR here. And in the following weeks, I discovered that it is, in fact, very easy to do.

Seppuku

Ambiance

Modern Human
Modern Human
Seppuku said:
Me: Still no plans for tonight so if you think you can free yourself just let me know
Her: It's OK with me if you like - hehe I knew it!
Me: Well, yes I like then! and we then set up the details of the date.
Her initial refusal could have been a simple test. But also, consistently with what I had noticed in a year of online dating, a girl is more comfortable to accept a date if you have chatted with her a little bit before. Most likely her initial refusal just meant "you will need to build more rapport before I can agree". Giving her more low intensity chat time, then persisting in a non needy way turned the deal around. Not badly done!

I've noticed this too, but never consciously enough to put on paper or form a strategy around. Very astute observation. Making sure that your communication is low intensity is key. A lot of guys including me will sometimes either completely cut contact for the night out of fear of chasing, or after the date decline will start chasing away anyway. What you did shows a lot of security and outcome independence, which warmed her up to the idea of meeting you of course.

By 8pm the same evening, we met for the first time in a crowded place. All around, everybody’s eyes were on her. She was tall, thin, long black hair, almost a model, and she was wearing a tight red trousers and black shirt showing bare shoulders, nice and pretty. Definitely doesn't look her 37.

In these days, I was still experimenting with creating tension, and my game tonight consisted in letting her in doubt for a little while, before releasing the tension and breaking the touch barrier. So I deliberately avoided too much smile, avoided touch, and just got her to follow me to my car. We started chatting in the car, but I was still keeping some distance intentionally. After a little drive, I parked the car at a walking distance from the Intercontinental Hotel, where my favorite date spot was - a quality lounge on a 55th floor with panoramic view.

As we walked there, she did not know the way, and at some point she deviated from the path. I then gently took her by the arm and guided her... and I noticed her very subtle sigh of relief. My technique was working, the tension built up so far was relieved when I touched her, with obvious comfort and welcome. I knew I was in! From then I held her hand and led her the rest of the way. She followed my lead very well.

We spent a nice evening with some snacks and wine. I made her talk most of the time, and as per my habitual touch routine I got increasingly physical with her as she was speaking. She was very comfortable with my touch, and from her constant preening her hair, and leaning into me, I could tell she appreciated. I also did my usual "break physical rapport" - which consists in leaving her hand alone, and seeing if she puts it back by herself into mine - and she did. Another great sign.

Way to strike the perfect balance of tension. You came across very masculine. Breaking the touch barrier when you did was on point, and your recognition of the feat I'm sure gave you a confidence boost.

But it was now 11:30 pm, the next day she had to wake up at 5am to prepare for work... so time to go. I drive her back. We separate, no kissing, and we agreed we'll be in touch on Whatsapp. While I was driving back home, she was the first to text "Thank you for the wonderful night".

Logistics are such a pain when you don't know to handle them. Perhaps you could have left with her earlier and had a "quick nightcap" back at your place.

The next day I called her around 8 pm. Swimming pool in my club? She was not sure about joining me. Movies? She didn't like cinema much... Damn, so now what. I kept on chatting with her. Italian restaurant? She mentioned that she didn't like much outdoor activities, and preferred indoors, like cooking. Well a hint like this, I got to take it... right? But I didn’t, how stupid of me. I just kept it open and told her I'd be back with a plan.

Two days later, mid week, I texted her and asked if she'd like to have a walk on the Corniche with me. We both like walking. But no, she wanted to be alone. Damn, the second time she refused a concrete plan to meet. I was now less confident to propose a cooking date at my home on Thursday evening. So... I decided I wanted to see more interest on her part. And also, I didn't like the chasing position I had set myself into. So I retreated a bit from the texting. With her woman's six sense, of course she felt something was off, and on Wednesday evening she texted "are you OK?" to which I answered a lame "Yes. Why?"

The next day was also radio silence on text from both end, until 6:30 pm when she finally texted first:

Her: Happy weekend
Me: Hi Carla. How about my idea of going to the pool tomorrow?
Her: No, I don't like swimming. Another option?
Me I know where this is going, but I try: Any suggestion?
Her: Let's see tomorrow
Me: Come to my home tomorrow afternoon 4pm we'll cook and watch a movie
Her: Okay! then we discuss logistics.
Yessss!! except... The next day I discovered that she blocked my phone number. Whatsapp message sent but not received. The phone rings busy all the time. On Friday 21, 3:30pm I realize that the second date won't happen. Even worse, she broke diplomatic relationships as she cut all means to reach her. I had been way too long to catch the message and act on it.

So infuriating.

* With my game and tension building, I am ready to bet that I made her fucking horny on the first date. The best chance to take her to bed would have been right after this first date
* But, given our respective jobs early the next day, the way the date was setup (starting at 8pm) made it very impractical to pull at 11:30pm. If I had setup the date earlier (7pm) and kept the date shorter, it would have been possible to pull her home by 9:30pm, giving ample time for escalation and driving her back still in time.
* I remained stubbornly blind to all the obvious signs that she wanted to be alone with me. I kept pushing for failed date models (fun dates, swimming pool, cinema, restaurant) and ignored her blatant calls for being alone together, showing her I didn’t understand women.
* I set myself in the chaser position in doing so, then had an awkward time on text trying to get myself out of it
* I lost my cool. Uber cool at all times is the name of the game
* My invitation for a cooking date came way, way too late. In fact, I was lucky enough that she kept communicating with me a whole week. Most women would have dropped way before that
* My most major failing, though, was my mindset. It was simply out of my belief system, back then, that a "quality" woman could be hoping you would lead them to sex after a couple of hours of interaction ever. The idea of a woman longing for being seduced was still foreign to me, even after years of reading Girls Chase. It is one thing to read it, it is another to experience it.

My conclusions from this experience
Understand that women want you to lead them to sex. When she’s right in front of you looking excited, she is hoping that you will make it happen. But she just can’t make it too easy or too obvious because it would be slutty.

Also, there is no guarantee that you will get the second date. It could derail for any reason before you get there. Your best chance is on the first date. Even if she has strong "not on first date" principles, you are still better off by attempting sex very early - it puts you in sexual territory, and if she likes you, she will be back for more. So, design your first dates in advance so as to lead to sexual escalation smoothly. You do that by a proper planning of the timing and the logistics.

A lot of great nuggets of wisdom here. FUs like these I think are necessary to really getting these set in stone. It's one thing to read GC and figure out your process and intellectualize your way to dating success, and quite another to have visceral emotions tied to experiences that are embedded in your will and drive you on, as it seems what happened to you from what you detailed followed this FU. Nearly all of my plateau leaps have come after a heart-wrenching, ego-killing set of experiences that were just devastating after I thought I finally had it all figured out.

Thanks for taking the time to share this. I'm sure a lot of guys from all stages of the journey can appreciate your story. I sure did. You know a guy is in a good place when he is happy to share an insight into one of his lowest points.

Ambiance

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Ambiance,

thank you for your comments. They confirm that my tension building technique and on-date game were already good back then. It is always a good thing to see that your own analysis is confirmed by someone else.
Ambiance said:
Logistics are such a pain when you don't know to handle them. Perhaps you could have left with her earlier and had a "quick nightcap" back at your place.
There was no planning for logistics. And it was out of my mindset that a "quality girl" would be down to follow me home the very first time I met her ever. Both mistakes. That's the whole point of this FU report!

Since then, I always planned my dates so as to incorporate time enough for a smooth pull and escalation at home during the same evening. And it worked just fine!

Ambiance said:
Breaking the touch barrier when you did was on point, and your recognition of the feat I'm sure gave you a confidence boost.
I controlled my body language so as not to give me away for the first thirty minutes of meeting - and build up tension. Then released the tension by touching her. A very interesting idea. I tried it a few times back in 2015, with good results, then I reverted to very early touch, and never tried it again. I need to experiment more of it! About the recognition, I have become good at observing the subtle body language signs giving her away. It provides very useful hints. When she gives these subtle signs of excitement, you need to capitalize on them right away. These emotions are very fleeting in nature. She may be cold next time. But here I didn't capitalize on these hints.

Ambiance said:
Thanks for taking the time to share this. I'm sure a lot of guys from all stages of the journey can appreciate your story. I sure did. You know a guy is in a good place when he is happy to share an insight into one of his lowest points.
Thank you! It was the most useful fuck up I ever had. It helped me to grow. In the following three months I took about one new girl per week to bed. It was the first time I achieved consistency.

Cheers!
Seppuku

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Seppuku,

Seppuku said:

If i made my own religion and declare myself a prophet, the bible/quran/whatever book i am writing will have this statement on the first page!

the only thing you need is this statement

Zac

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Zac,

Hallelujah!

If it was me, my one statement would be
Also, there is no guarantee that you will get the second date. It could derail for any reason before you get there. Your best chance is on the first date. Even if she has strong "not on first date" principles, you are still better off by attempting sex very early - it puts you in sexual territory, and if she likes you, she will be back for more.
Seppuku

Average

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sup man,

I just noticed that this is a powerful statement

Seppuku said:

Reason why is because its a mistake that everybody makes. Being blind to signals, obsessing over funness (as TV tends to tell us to do), and avoiding intimacy which all result in showing inexperience and not getting the results we're looking for.

Fixing those problem areas tend to result in a giant leap in terms of results and the learning curve. Which is another thing that makes it even more useful for the individual man.

All in all I learned a lot from this post. Thanks a bunch :)

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Ash,

Glad you found this helpful.
Ash said:
Reason why is because its a mistake that everybody makes. Being blind to signals, obsessing over funness (as TV tends to tell us to do), and avoiding intimacy which all result in showing inexperience and not getting the results we're looking for.

Fixing those problem areas tend to result in a giant leap in terms of results and the learning curve. Which is another thing that makes it even more useful for the individual man.
Yes! It is, at the core, coming from a wrong mindset. "Good girls, surely, are not like this! They need entertainment. They need to be won over by demonstrating what a superior boyfriend I would make!" All wrong!

Also, men are not used to the way girls communicate. We are used to overt communication. We would say "Hey, I would prefer we spend time alone you and me in a quiet place." Girls don't do that. They say "I don't like outdoors activities" instead. It's covert communication - needs decoding. If you haven't been around many girls before, and used to hanging out with guys, you can't get her message right. And this example is as overt at it can possibly be. Sometimes it's even more subtle, like no words but subtle cues in the body language. I had a case a few times where the girl was obviously enjoying the date, but suddenly she looks bored and silent, yet follows my lead very well. Something like this smells "ready to be taken to bed".

ThePhoenix

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Seppuku,

Excellent report. This should be a sticky! I'm new on the boards but I've read a few of your journals. Some really inspirational stuff for someone like me just getting into this art.

Seppuku said:
Also, men are not used to the way girls communicate. We are used to overt communication. We would say "Hey, I would prefer we spend time alone you and me in a quiet place." Girls don't do that. They say "I don't like outdoors activities" instead. It's covert communication - needs decoding.

This rang so true for me. I've on multiple occasions had a girl on a 1st date say something that flew right over my head until afterwards, and then I wanted to smack myself. It would never be certain, but usually stuff would not quite add up unless her remark was reframed as giving me an excuse to go home with her.

One, 10 minutes into the date told me she was afraid she had left her stove on ... but she was still with me 4h later and had even spoken on her mobile with someone who could've checked, yet she didn't mention it.

Another, after the date told me she had to drop something off to a friend in the same area I lived, but logistics were shaky so I didn't jump ... and then she ended up getting on a bus that didn't even go there.

Still another, earlier in the date had told me about a cat she was going to get rid of for peeing all over her furniture. As we left the coffee shop, I said, "I'll have to meet that cat some time before you get rid of him," to which she replied, "oh, I'm taking him to the humane society first thing tomorrow!" Ouch, that was really stupid, actually using the code myself and then not interpreting her answer accordingly!

I never had one outright block me, but I've never recovered. Either friendzoned, or else just gets super-flaky and evades further dates.

I'm still trying to get my brain to decode these things correctly in the moment. It doesn't help that the message that women are by and large asexual has been hammered into my brain by society for several decades. It's arguably the most debilitating fallacy I have ever been taught.

I think there's little more painful in this game than knowing a woman you liked wanted to sleep with you but you just didn't take the hint!

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Phoenix,

Excellent report. This should be a sticky! I'm new on the boards but I've read a few of your journals. Some really inspirational stuff for someone like me just getting into this art.
Thanks man!

Basically most of us men are struggling with girls all our life simply because we are impregnated with the wrong mindset. You think you need to impress her when in fact she already likes you. You think you need to entertain her where in fact she is hoping you will take her to bed - something she cannot ask directly because it would be slutty. You think your goal on a date is to make her like you so you can secure another date - where in fact you're about to lose her just because you just "don't get it". Etc...

The biggest step in learning seduction is to replace this whole set of erroneous beliefs with the proper ones.

I've on multiple occasions had a girl on a 1st date say something that flew right over my head until afterwards, and then I wanted to smack myself. It would never be certain, but usually stuff would not quite add up unless her remark was reframed as giving me an excuse to go home with her.
Yes! And with experience you will learn to spot these subtle hints. You will never be 100% certain (the whole point being her plausible deniability). So next time you think she gave you a hint, even so remote, just take the leap of faith and try:

Her: some subtle hint
You: It's getting late. Let's go!
If she asks where, you tell her that you have a very nice music playlist on your laptop at home that you'd like to share with her. If she doesn't ask where (even better :)) you just lead her straight to your home. I've had girl following me to my home or hotel room without asking any question.

Anyway it's nice to have new people on these Boards. Welcome to the Girls Chase Boards!

Cheers,
Seppuku

mindful

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Don't mean to jack this thread... but a recent text exchange really resonates with your fuck up here and could be a good lesson for others.

Quick background - this girl is 19 and lives a few hrs away. Matched her on tinder back in Oct but never was able to meet her when I was in town. We talked about getting ice cream. We haven't talked since early Nov and I pretty much wrote this girl off since I didn't wanna drive 2 hrs just to maybe get with her. I also feel she might be an attention seeker and only texts me when she gets the impulse because the one time she directly asked me "come and visit me" I ask her when should i come down she never responded.

Anyways, she texts me this past friday and after a little back and forth she asks me "when are you going to come and visit me". I ask her when she is free and she tells me she is free Monday after 12:30

Now, I have never met her and she can't grab a drink due to her age I suggested a few things.
her: so what should we do?
me: well, we can grab food then do something around the city
her: what would we do around the city?
me: we can do a short hike, or walk around the commons area downtown
her: I'm a terrible walker -- my first hint that she wants to do something more private
me: what does that even mean lol -- prying a little bit acting dumb
her: lol I am terrible at walking -- she reiterates
me: do i have to carry you -- prob unnecessary to say this but i felt playful
her:hahaha no it means like hiking might be terrible
me: its nothing strenuous but ok lol
me: we don't have to do that
her: haha we will figure it out -- she bails me out with this text, so i think she is still interested
her: So much to do in (city) (smirky face) lol -- this is clear sexual intent, so she is getting specific about what she wants
me: sounds good ;)
me: we can grab food and go from there -- so i suggest food and then leave it open. I know what she wants but I didn't want to come out and say it. I thought this was savvy enough to say but maybe not?
me: how is your fri night --prob didn't need to say this but I was gonna end the convo after this

no response.

Now, this girl completely caught me off guard with her sexual intent, which is blatantly clear. I say this because we never really flirted overly sexual in texts and she didn't give me that impression. Also, I am 10 yrs older than her and never met her so I trying to think of a day activity to do when we meet and then go from there... but obv that went downhill and she didn't like the hiking idea (which wasn't a big hike... prob like 30 mins or so). Basically I was thinking food (feel the vibe and meet first) --> hike --> back to her place.

At this point I wasn't going to even text this girl again and ask if we were still on. I honestly wasn't even going to drive down there and if she texted me Monday I would have just said I didn't drive down (monday was the planned day to meet).

So Sunday early day - she hits me with the bail excuse text -
her: Hi I just found out my uncle is in the hospital in the city. I'm gonna rain check because I'm leaving for xxx right now (sad face emoji) I'm sorry

I don't respond.

Pretty sure this girl thought I didn't "get it" with her sexual intent so she bailed before we could even meet.

What you think?

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey mindful,

Yes, it does look like another "doesn't take the hint" case.

Good job not responding her last text, that will keep the pressure and tension on her. Now, you have to decide if it's worth it given the distance, but if you decide to give it another try, just leave the tension running a few days then reengage her out of the blue, like nothing ever happened, with a ping message (e.g. "hey, how is it going?"), test the mood, and if good, send another proposition.

Seppuku

mindful

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Not going to text her lol.

How would you have responded to her blatant sexual text?

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
How about:

Her: I'm a terrible walker
Me: Oh I see. Alright, let's just meet at XXX for a coffee then we'll take it from there

For the rest you need to have your logistics on point. That was the second tricky thing in your situation.

ThePhoenix

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Seppuku said:
Basically most of us men are struggling with girls all our life simply because we are impregnated with the wrong mindset. ...

The biggest step in learning seduction is to replace this whole set of erroneous beliefs with the proper ones.
Yes! I really suspect that much of the fundamentals and practical techniques are things that would be "default" behaviour for a man who has internalized the correct beliefs. Learning the behaviours as a skill is perhaps mostly just a means of "faking it till you make it" - kickstarting the process of acquiring the right experiences that validate the correct beliefs enough to internalize them.

Seppuku said:
Anyway it's nice to have new people on these Boards. Welcome to the Girls Chase Boards!
Thanks! Good to be here!

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yes! I really suspect that much of the fundamentals and practical techniques are things that would be "default" behaviour for a man who has internalized the correct beliefs. Learning the behaviours as a skill is perhaps mostly just a means of "faking it till you make it" - kickstarting the process of acquiring the right experiences that validate the correct beliefs enough to internalize them.
It is is exactly right. If you persist doing it, at some point you will start internalizing it, and things will become suddenly much easier.

I've read some of your posts, and you seem like you know your stuff! That's great, you will do well - if not already doing well.

Cheers,
Seppuku

ThePhoenix

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Seppuku said:
I've read some of your posts, and you seem like you know your stuff! That's great, you will do well - if not already doing well.
Thank you for the encouragement; it means a lot coming from someone who has this down tight!

Can't say I'm that good just yet. I'm analytical so have a pretty good grasp of core concepts on a conscious level. So I have occasional moments of brilliance in action. But my unconscious "auto-pilot" responses are still heavily polluted by really bad programming.

My core challenge right now is having spent two decades religiously avoiding women - a tough habit to break! I do manage to approach sometimes, but chicken out vastly more often.

If I can just overcome the approach anxiety it won't be too long before I'm cleaning up. :)

Cheers,
Phoenix

>