FR  take a chance, it doesn't hurt

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Short FR

Other students are hosting a huge indoors, pubcrawl-like event that lasts a couple of days. I went there today with a group of acquintances I have gotten to know during this term. As we were watching some drinking competition I noticed a girl sitting all by herself almost in front of me. She didn't seem to enjoy the atmosphere at all, and I was in a good mood (social momentum), but wasn't sure how to open at first. Went with a situational after thinking for like 20 seconds (fast, I know)

Me: They seem like they are getting very into it! (refering to the people competeting)
Her: yes, but it is too much at this hour (it was 3 pm).
Me: Yeah, we know better than that, don't we?
Her: It's too bad for our liver. But I actually had one beer.
Me: Polish your halo, will ya? ;) I'm a-jay
Her: I'm Laura

She was there with one of her friends, but the friend was distracted by something else. We discussed our studies, locations, hobbies etc. for like 10 minutes. I touched her here and there during this time, but she didn't reciprocrate. Only one way to find out whether if this was going anywhere.

Me: So I'm going to find some real seats, not these weird chairs. You want to come along?
Her: I should probably stay here with my friend.
Me: Ah, okay. I would love to meet you some other time then. Let's meet up and get some coffee?
Her: Actually... I have a boyfriend. He wouldn't be so pleased
Me: well, you know... he doesn't have to know ;)
Her: *laughs* But it wouldn't work. Thank you for asking anyway, that's so sweet.
Me: No worries. Too bad you had to meet the two best men of your life at the same time *she laughs again* See you around
Her: See you later

Did good:
- Opened her
- Moved the conversation forward
- Wasn't shaken by the rejection

Did bad:
- tried to isolate too late
- hadn't state my intentions before closing
- bad location for getting to know one another on such level. High noise, many people surrounding us etc.

>