STICKIED: Titling FRs - Pick ONE (1) Prefix, and Use a Colon

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Folks,

Just went through all the field reports over the past year (about 24 pages of them) and re-prefixed a ton that aren't prefixed properly.

Reminder: the reason for the prefixes is for easy browsing / skimming. When you come on the Field Reports Board and see stuff like this:

• FR/OR/FU/LR-/FR++/OR++: Redhead from class
  • don't know why this keeps happening PLEASE HELP!
  • FU/LR++: girl I met at Salty Joe's
  • 30x fr : My FRs from 1998

... it's just hard to read and super confusing.

Cleaned up, that mess looks like this:

• LR-: Redhead from class
  • FU: don't know why this keeps happening PLEASE HELP!
  • LR++: girl I met at Salty Joe's
  • FR: My FRs from 1998

Man, isn't that so much easier to skim and know exactly what's what?

The three big things I keep seeing guys doing here:

• The multi-prefix report. It's not just a field report, but it's an FR/FU/OR/LR in one (or more standard, an FR/FU). A lot of guys seem to be using the "slash-FU" thing to denote any outing they had that didn't result in sex, but that's what the different FR, FR+, FR++, LR-, and LR-- designations are for. You should really only be using FU if you REALLY screwed up... big. Like, this girl was begging for it, and then you accidentally insulted her and she went home with JimBob from your woodworking night school class instead, and JimBob's only 4.5 feet tall, can't grow a beard, and doesn't speak English too good. If that's the case and you want to call it an FU, then own it and call it an FU, not an FR/OR/FU. Otherwise, just call it an FR, or an FR+, or what have you. Just because you didn't sleep with her then and there doesn't make it an FU.

• The no-prefix report. This is the one where a guy just titles it like it's a post for the General Board (no prefix). In this case... please use a prefix. Sometimes guys just want to read LRs, or FRs, or whatever, and if there's no prefix many guys won't read the thread at all. If you want people to read it, prefix it properly.

• The original prefix report. These are the ones where it's kind of like a standard prefix, only not. Like "FRx3:" or "super LR:" or whatever. In this case, again, it's confusing; just make it "FR: 3 Reports" or "LR: super lay with gorgeous Latina", etc.

One other one is using dashes and spaces, like "FR - title" or "FR : title". Just use a colon, no space between prefix and colon, and a space after the colon, like this: "FR: title" and you're good.

If you don't know what the various prefixes are, check out the guidelines:

READ BEFORE POSTING: Field Reports Board Rules

Thanks for reading, and lets keep those prefixes neat and this board easy to use ;)

Chase

Rage

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Reminded me of this http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8f ... _webp=true

Elon Musk sent that to his space x staff, regarding his disapproval of use of unofficial acronyms. From that new biography out about him; it's quite good Chase. I was like "haha hey this sounds familiar".

But fair reminder; will keep this in mind, hope others do too.

>