Fashion  Looking Fly on an East Coast College: Are boat shoes sexy?

EliAFutbol

Space Monkey
space monkey
First post on GC,

I'm going to a prestigious college next year on the east coast (PM if you wanna know which), and I've been thinking about getting some boat shoes to fit in with the general fashion on campus. I'm working to improve to fashion first, right now and boat shoes seem to be a good starting option, the problem is that I don't really find boat shoes sexy at all (or at least in my opinion, I could be wrong), they look really preppy and asexual. Are boat shoes (Sperry, or other brands) a good option coupled with other more edgy options, or should I just drop them completely?

Eli

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I thought they were cool when I was reading QC a little bit too much. It's a good magazine to get a few pointers, but the fashion industry in mainly geared toward gay men, so you want to pic sources interested in making you look great for girls.

Just yesterday I was talking with a female friend about an outfit I wanted to get and she was giving me some unfiltered female opinion. She then sent me a picture of a guy rocking an outfit that looked very attractive to her with the subtitle: "minus that faggot-ass pair of shoes (boat shoes)"

Food for thought.

EliAFutbol

Space Monkey
space monkey
You are probably right. I picked up a pair of boat shoes and have since returned them, always had a gut feeling they were not sexy for girls.

Thanks for the input!

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I don't know much about fashion. But.

Big Daddy said:
I thought they were cool when I was reading QC a little bit too much. It's a good magazine to get a few pointers, but the fashion industry in mainly geared toward gay men, so you want to pic sources interested in making you look great for girls.
Isn't looking good for gay men make you automatically look good for women, and vice versa? I assume boat shoes are considered comfort shoes, not fashion shoes.

Big Daddy said:
Just yesterday I was talking with a female friend about an outfit I wanted to get and she was giving me some unfiltered female opinion. She then sent me a picture of a guy rocking an outfit that looked very attractive to her with the subtitle: "minus that faggot-ass pair of shoes (boat shoes)"
I've posted this cool article before with a reasonable list of things not to wear, including boat shoes (top siders). And basically that's what I mostly do about fashion. Try not to wear articles from that list. I feel better since then.

>