Fashion  Will this college outfit work? Suggestions?

sneaky_charm

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So we have a set uniform in college. Yes IN COLLEGE (sucks I know). Pant is dark brown and shirt is light cream. We can pick other things ourselves.

11510899203826-Wills-Lifestyle-Men-Cream-Coloured-Slim-Fit-Solid-Formal-Shirt-6321510899203735-5.jpg

Shirt color

11481705892884-Van-Heusen-Men-Trousers-9491481705892605-1.jpg

Pant color

I'm thinking of pairing the uniform with the following watch and belt. Will that work?

Sonata-Yuva-Men-White-Dial-Watch_89060a7568e644c33618afdbc40b8d2c_images.jpg

one-size-free-htcb-05white-htcb-05white-belt-ht-collections-original-imaexny6nmefeh4n.jpeg

Also, I'm confused about shoes. What color shoes should I choose?

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I try to match shoe color with belt color, and most of the time with accessory color as well. To answer your original question.

But if you're forced to wear that ugly uniform then you would be MUCH better served working on your other fundamentals. Since fashion isn't something you're allowed to actually work on, I'd completely forget about it. The good news is that while you won't gain any points you hopefully won't lose many points either since you're forced to wear it... hopefully... probably....

But yea, switch colleges if you want to work on fashion.

If fashion is still something you want to do, then look up some articles by Darius here on GC. You can also go to sexystyleforjoe.com (Darius' website)

He doesn't post much new stuff but I've found him to be the best go-to for fashion advice. And he has quite a few articles up on GC that are really good too! Darius is to fashion what GirlsChase is to seduction in my opinion :p

sneaky_charm

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Regal,

I see what you're talking about; matching shoes with other accessories. I agree that's how it should be done. The thing is, most websites suggest Maroon, Blue or White to go with Dark Brown. Thing is, those colors won't go too well I think with this outfit. Black shoes look too monochrome, can't differentiate the Black shoes because the pant color is quite dark itself. But forced to choose, I think I'll stick with Black or White shoes, although the latter is more prone to get dirty so that's an issue.

About fashion, my intention is not to look really great. Instead, it's just to stand out enough to make girls notice me a bit more. Most other guys wear slippers and don't tuck their shirts in, so I think this outfit will do a fair job of making my style a bit different.

Darius, well, I agree that he has really great style. Once I tried to read his website and the details were too much, it made my head spin lol. While he is really good, I don't want to put too much pressure on my brain at the moment haha. Too many things to remember, too many tiny details to take care of.

Anyway, I've been mostly following your thread. But still, how are you doing? Any new updates?

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
sneaky_charm said:
Hey Regal,

I see what you're talking about; matching shoes with other accessories. I agree that's how it should be done. The thing is, most websites suggest Maroon, Blue or White to go with Dark Brown. Thing is, those colors won't go too well I think with this outfit. Black shoes look too monochrome, can't differentiate the Black shoes because the pant color is quite dark itself. But forced to choose, I think I'll stick with Black or White shoes, although the latter is more prone to get dirty so that's an issue.

Gotcha. If you will PM me I'll send ya some more detailed info sometime tomorrow or Thursday about color combinations when I have a chance to really get into some of Darius' info to help ya out :)

Just need a reminder since the next few days are a little... scattered... for me at the moment. So I can't guarantee that I'll remember.

About fashion, my intention is not to look really great. Instead, it's just to stand out enough to make girls notice me a bit more. Most other guys wear slippers and don't tuck their shirts in, so I think this outfit will do a fair job of making my style a bit different.

That's great news for you! Lol always good when the bar is set low, and I understand where you're coming from now. Just send me a reminder and I'll send you some better info via PM.

Darius, well, I agree that he has really great style. Once I tried to read his website and the details were too much, it made my head spin lol. While he is really good, I don't want to put too much pressure on my brain at the moment haha. Too many things to remember, too many tiny details to take care of.

I agree with ya, it's a lot to get into and I'm still working on my own fashion sense.

Anyway, I've been mostly following your thread. But still, how are you doing? Any new updates?

Appreciate ya asking! As for updates... I had my probation phone interview and I think that I made the best impression that I could have. But there were some parts that I just couldn't will myself to do.

I may not be the best, or even where I want to be but I'm an intensely proud person of who I am and so I couldn't throw that away for the absolute best impression. I don't wanna hijack your thread so I'll leave it there. But I still think that I made a favorable impression. Now we wait until July 13th...

I won't lie though, this shit gets under my skin sometimes...

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
sneaky_charm,

That's unfortunate that you're required to wear a uniform - I love being able to have access to different outfits, especially after taking in information from GC and other places. My go to is Guess, and I was pleased to see that Chase recommended it after the fact I'd already been buying from them.

Good suggestions by Regal. I think Darius is a great source and an expert in sexy men's fashion. If his detailed readable content make your headspin, perhaps you'd have an easier time listening to his podcast with GC, found here.

The only thing I would throw in that I didn't notice from quickly looking over this was adding a subtle touch to your uniform. Because you're wearing a "cookie cutter" outfit for your school, you blend in very easily. Normally, I would wear a subtle addition to my outfit in order to make it pop enough for girls to notice, but not enough to be peacocking, such as a watch, necklace, or great color coordination. Personally I love my wardrobe and enjoy leaving my house the way I'm dressed, and normally that is received well whether it be unconscious/implicit/whatever.

I would recommend you wear a watch / belt / shoes of the same (or complimentary) color, but to make it a color that POPS from the rest of the outfit, like red, blue, or if you think you can get away with it, purple (those are my personal favorites with black/white, more pronounced or darker shades). Color coordination of your accessories will create that effect much more than the color consistency of the entire outfit, in my opinion.

The point here is that you do what you can to stand out in a situation you're more or less limited to doing so, in a way that isn't peacocking. I would probably even try to get away with unbuttoning a thing or two and bending the rules to whatever way you can that's sexy (if you guys have to wear ties I would undo the tie and buttons a bit and show off some chest hair, for example). I dislike forced uniformity in most occasions.

But hey, at least you'll be looking dapper more often than not (;

Hope this helps.

Hue

sneaky_charm

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Hue and Regal Tiger,

I considered the suggestion about matching accessory colors and making them pop. Regal, thanks for the offer to help. But it's not too much of a big deal and I don't want to spend much money. So I'll take Darius' advice later. But thanks a lot.

I think I'll go with the following:

11469529504422-Roadster-Men-Navy--Brown-Colourblocked-Sneakers-3301469529504038-1.jpg

and
91L1xvj8euL._SL1500_.jpg

and

32-inches-ec0045mu-ec0045mu-belt-exotique-original-imaezht7xyp4z6hg.jpeg

What do you both think? Also, I'm thinking of the same watch as above. Or should I go for a watch with Blue or Red band?

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
The shoes match the belt pretty well. Though, I don't think it pairs that well with the light cream. Also not a fan of the backpack.

Hmm. I think that in order to rock that shade of blue you'd also need to incorporate some black or the same shade of your pants in with it. So to keep the secondary colors of accessories consistent with the rest of the outfit, but then have color coordination with the primary colors. Like a black/brown belt buckle, or a different brown on the shoes. As far as a watch goes, I think you'd be good with a black band & a blue / red centerpiece (where the actual clock is). Watches are "allowed" to stand out more, so if you're going to deviate away from the other accessories that's the one you should do it with.

Again, this is all just my opinion, so go with what you think looks cool on you!

sneaky_charm

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
As both of you suggested, I reached out to Darius through his website and fortunately he replied quickly. As per his reply, I'm going for a Black Shoe with Red accents, and a Black Belt and a Black Watch.

Now, I have another issue. It's regarding making dating work in an environment like mine. Please follow the link below, any help will be greatly appreciated:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18850

>