Fashion  Is it cool to wear your brand's clothes around?

Dr. Manhattan

Space Monkey
space monkey
So, I've finally decided to cast my fears away (quite the reptilian mind) and am starting my own website, brand, merch-store, etc.

On one hand, I think wearing my T-shirt around would spark conversations about it and help me network, socialize, solidify my endeavor, and build my fan base. On the other hand, I'd be wearing clothes with a brand and I remember reading to wear brandless stuff.

It's a T-shirt with my initials in lowercase cursive displayed on the chest. It's wicked cool.

I'm not comfortable sharing the picture here on the boards but would share it through private message if seeing it would be a deciding factor in your advice.

What's your take?

Thanks.

Doc

Blonde

Space Monkey
space monkey
Dr. Manhattan said:
I'd be wearing clothes with a brand and I remember reading to wear brandless stuff.

What does that mean, exactly? I mean, there really is nothing wrong with wearing the branded clothes in my eyes. As long as it's not too try hard looking, I really think that's fine. Obviously wearing everything that's branded in a way everybody can see that will make you look stupid. I always try to find balance so I own a few Primark T Shirts as well as few Gucci ones. The style and fit is all that matters to me.

>