Fashion  The suit make you, or the man makes the suit?

BetaBoy

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I got a huge irs refund and was considering buying a Armani collezini collection suit to go with my Gucci’s. Own a few Bostonians for work. Good idea?

Parkour

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I recommend bespoke suits only if you’re looking to spend that kind of money. You can choose custom liners, button details, etc... I have a jacket with a 3/8 liner in a vey unique fabric with functional sleeve buttons (I will occasionally leave one unbuttoned on my watch wrist.). More importantly, it fits me like a glove, I constantly feel a step above most other men in terms of suit quality in meetings where I wear it. I have a similar black suit for certain events that looks amazing as well. Look for hip/custom clothiers in your city or online.

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
One hundred percent the suit makes the man, no question. At least in 99.9% of the situations where people make the first judgment of you when you are first presented to them.

That said, if you can't look good on a $200 well-tailored suit, you will probably only waste money. See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBIyYxk2DHk

EDIT: Cheap clothes won't last you a full season, of course. But with proper shoes, custom buttons, fit and socks, watches and other accessories I can look pretty fucking dapper on the cheap.

Dr. Manhattan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Big Daddy said:
One hundred percent the suit makes the man, no question. At least in 99.9% of the situations where people make the first judgment of you when you are first presented to them.

That said, if you can't look good on a $200 well-tailored suit, you will probably only waste money. See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBIyYxk2DHk

EDIT: Cheap clothes won't last you a full season, of course. But with proper shoes, custom buttons, fit and socks, watches and other accessories I can look pretty fucking dapper on the cheap.

When I was homeless out in New York City, we would shop at the Goodwill's (homeless store) in the millionaire's area.
We'd walk out in $200 jackets for $30.

Food for thought.

Doc

>