Fashion  Have you had a hair transplantation?

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Between my 20th and 21st birthdays I was told for the first time that I had a bald spot on the top of my head. I didn't think much of it back then because I never paid attention to men balding.

Short time passed, and I realized my hair was thinning further. I had the same bald spot close to the back of my head. But the rest of the top was getting thinner.

I tried to meet girls even though the circumstances. And I have laid a couple of girls despite it, all of them happening last year.

Today, I am 24. I have tried going completely bald a couple of times, but I get the feeling people are scared of/intimated by me. Thus, I am letting my hair grow back now and getting a fitting haircut later. Weird as it is, I also feel better with hair on my head.

My family has suggested hair transplantation for two years now. I've always dismissed it because I don't think it would offer me any significant increase in life quality. And as of today, I still don't think it's the case. However, yesterday I caught myself thinking "but why not be as attractive as possible, for as long as possible? If everything goes well, I'll be living for 50-60 more years"

The price is nothing to worry about. But I'd like to hear you guys' experience with hair transplants. Have you or somebody you know had one? Things to be aware of? Anything will help.

Parkour

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I had one. It generally works as advertised. I could use another to be really satisfied. You probably need more than you think. The healing process sucks. Start wearing hats months in advance and consider doing it in the winter. Pricing varies from $8/graft to 2.95/graft. I had 2500 done for roughly 12000 from an experienced place. PRP with Acell is a good complement to it. Be really careful in the crusting stage that you dont accidentally remove the grafts. Not 100% will take. The process is bloody and messy and some folicles get stuck in the scab/crust and never fully take. I did FUE and have shaved the back/sides down to a #2 with no discernable difference in density in the back/sides. Hair is a little more unrulely with thing and thin hairs comingled. Noone will know you had it done unless you tell them and they specifically look for tiny scars in the donor area

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey Parkour, thanks for sharing! If you don't mind answering, can you tell me: how old were you when you had your hair transplantation? How has it changed your life generally and in regards to girls?

Hadn't heard about PRP or Acell before. Looked them up, and they seem okay. I don't think they are used in Turkey where I was recommended to get a FUE done.

I spent a couple of hours rrsearching possibilities a few weeks ago. I have seen some people on youtube in the time following their FUE (and the other surgery that had a similar name, forgot it though) and it looked absolutely terrible with all the scars. And some of them were considering a second surgery just like you, though that is expected. I have decided that as long there is not a one surgery guarantee which is also not full of scars, I won't go along with it. I prefer my head without scars.

I did also find the possibilty of a laser helmet. It requires you use it 15 minutes each time, 3 days a week. Minimal to decent results are expected at the 4-6 month mark. The laser is supposed to increase the blood flow to the scalp, increasing the amount of oxygen to the remaining hairs and making them stronger and thicker. If I remember correctly, there should be no adversary effects if used right. It should be a big thing in the US.

A little update on myself: since creating the OP, i have decided to stick with trimming down my hair to the shortest size possible two times per month. No shaving yet. I'm looking for inspiration to look cooler. The right sunglasses help a lot. But clothes wise, I have ways to go.

Parkour

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I got it just after my 37th birthday. It helps in that I like the way I look better. I can’t separate it from the other stuff I’ve done like dress better, better skin care, better demeanor, fitter. It’s an element but girls/people are evaluating the whole package. I have no regrets.
I have a laser helmet, Visical Pro supplement, rogaine and I tried topical finasteride somewhat. Only things that have a real district impact are surgery and that aerosol root cover stuff you can get at the store. The rest have a mild effect at best, it’s hard to tell. They may help you keep what you’ve got. Supposedly Latisse helps as well but it gets crazy expensive. PRP is what I’m looking at as more promising. People have commented that my hair looks better after the surgery. I also did the dry sprinkle on stuff which is okay too.
Honestly, oral finasteride would probably help more than the other stuff since hairloss in men is primarily based on gene expression and DHT conversion. I just have an aversion to anything that significantly reduces bio available androgens because the last thing I want is to go through low -t syndrome and there is a small but real chance with Finasteride. Also, I want kids so I don’t exogenous T that would interfere with my natural production. Again small chance but important life goals.
Look in the mirror, picture yourself being awesome without hair. If you can make it happen, maybe bald is perfect for you. I honestly thought I look like I’m on chemo without hair and went hard to keep it

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Yeah. In my 20's, my hair transplanted its self from my head to my back. My facial hair got thicker and I started wearing a mustache and goatee.

Believe it or not, when I started clipping my hair with no guard, I got more attention from women. A few years later I started shaving it with a razor.

One thing I learned from the facial hair and bald head was that while I might look intimidating, that a smile was MUCH better received and responded to by women and young children.

But I decided I was NOT doing any heroic measures on my hairline. Good luck with your path.

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Parkour said:
I got it just after my 37th birthday. It helps in that I like the way I look better. I can’t separate it from the other stuff I’ve done like dress better, better skin care, better demeanor, fitter. It’s an element but girls/people are evaluating the whole package. I have no regrets.
I have a laser helmet, Visical Pro supplement, rogaine and I tried topical finasteride somewhat. Only things that have a real district impact are surgery and that aerosol root cover stuff you can get at the store. The rest have a mild effect at best, it’s hard to tell. They may help you keep what you’ve got. Supposedly Latisse helps as well but it gets crazy expensive. PRP is what I’m looking at as more promising. People have commented that my hair looks better after the surgery. I also did the dry sprinkle on stuff which is okay too.
Honestly, oral finasteride would probably help more than the other stuff since hairloss in men is primarily based on gene expression and DHT conversion. I just have an aversion to anything that significantly reduces bio available androgens because the last thing I want is to go through low -t syndrome and there is a small but real chance with Finasteride. Also, I want kids so I don’t exogenous T that would interfere with my natural production. Again small chance but important life goals.
Look in the mirror, picture yourself being awesome without hair. If you can make it happen, maybe bald is perfect for you. I honestly thought I look like I’m on chemo without hair and went hard to keep it

What is the "aerosol root cover stuff" haha?

Besides that, it sounds like you have tried it all, man. Kudos! Your posts have been really helpful. I'm aware that hair will always be more attractive than no hair. Bald style gives this more tough and/or dominant look and makes you look older (and I already do look older than 25 with hair).

If I ever change my mind, I will have to read your posts again and make a decision from there. But from the looks of it, it seems like surgery is the only treatment that makes a noticeable difference long term. I have never had other cosmetic

Fuck This said:
One thing I learned from the facial hair and bald head was that while I might look intimidating, that a smile was MUCH better received and responded to by women and young children.

That is always something! I have been walking around with more of a frown and half-assed smiles the last couple of years. I used to smile a lot in my teens. Maybe it's time to reawaken it for good :)

Fuck This said:
But I decided I was NOT doing any heroic measures on my hairline.

Not sure I follow, but my understanding is that the "heroic measures" you are talking about, are you staying bald?

>