Fashion  So Let's Talk Beard

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm not the most genetically gifted guy when it comes to beards. Some parts are really thick, around my chin, and on cheeks they are pretty patchy.

I have let it grow since last year and while it does get some coverage, it also looks kinda goofy. I can choose between less bald spots and what it looks like pubes coming out of my face, or more bald spots and a trimmed beard.

Now, I sport shoulder-length hair and no matter the option or how patchy, I still think it looks better than clean shaven. I have a thin face, so the beard helps add a little bit of a body and masculinity. But I saw some pictures of myself and if I'm not a very specific angle it looks like shiiiit (if I'm facing the camera for example -- at an angle looks fine).

So what do you guys think it's better, sport the patchy glory or clean shave?

* Even the baddest guys on the planet have very patchy beards. It's just a matter of illusion. For example:

07cc5ffea8cf65ab790e775f709c07a3.jpg

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
BD, there are some ethnicitie that will always have sparse beards. No getting around that. But I've found after 30 my beard and body hair has gone crazy. They never told us about "second puberty" .

Play to your strengths and shave to even out the patches. A well groomed jawline can accentuate your manly jaw. I really find when I trim my beard down to a #2 or #1 length, I feel sharper and the female attention reflects that.

Also be sure to shampoo that beard...Last nights garlic bread smell and taste will hang out there and you become nose blind to it. The same is true for ummmm....female secretions. After a long night and day of debauchery, she will start to object if you don't manage it well.

Just some Beard thoughts....

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, I'm still developing my beard. Until I was 19, I had not a single hair on my face, then I started having some chin hair. I'm approaching my mid-20s and my facial hair is still getting better -- I had a very late hair development in puberty overall so I'm pretty sure I have a long (it will take forever srs) way to go.

Shaving the top part of my cheeks will be my next experiment -- though I wonder: is it better to have somewhat unflattering facial hair (since it's a masculine trait) or go more on the feminine side and go clean shaven.

I'd think beards look badass so I'd think I'm biased voting for fail hair either way.

EDIT: 30 examples of patchy beard where most don't look like shit IMO: http://stylemann.com/best-patchy-beard-styles/

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
OK, I got the poll results from a varied range of women and I concluded that this is like "what's the ideal male body:" if you ask a bunch of men, they'll tell you the more jacked, the better; if you ask a bunch of gals, they will tell you to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club.

(evidence)

All the dudes replied "Don't shave, keep the (fail) beard! It may get better!" when asked whether I should shave or not, while the girls said "Yes yes yes!"

Vast majority of girls on reddit also prefer clean-shaven.

Ehh, I don't know what to think. One hot girl (but cute/nice) girl said I should maintain it. She also likes my long hair while the majority of girls I know say they prefer short hair. Though I don't to which extent this is the manifestation of "don't take what women say at face value."

* Also girls judge what they are seeing now (a patchy beard) while guys understand that that is not the end result (an eventual full beard in the future).

Inbocca

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It's so subjective, there's no rebuttal to any of those points. But to add to it:

- Like you said, no point in taking what they say at face value. I notice girls who actually do prefer short hair usually have dads who were cops, soldiers, or some other authority figure. They still fuck long-haired dudes, but they look for those other traits in long-term partners.
- Beards are mostly a masculinity thing, but they also make you look older. Every girl's got her preference for both, but on average women like both of those things.
- It's hard to tell what kind of girls are giving those opinions on Reddit, might not be the type you're going for.

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, the results came in and it's very close to 50/50. The last girl that I fucked was a super nice girl and I figured she'd say I looked 100% better clean-shaven, then she says she likes me with beard. Who'd have thought. I think it looks better because it counter-balance the long hair.

I'm going to maintain the fail beard and hop into the McGregor bandwagon. Fail beard all the way!

>