Fashion  My (Arrogant) Fashion Advice

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood and I'm walking around downtown. I pass a guy - he's wearing cargo shorts, and a shirt you can get from H&M for perhaps $10. His shirt is a little wrinkled too. Sigh. This is the 36th guy today I've seen that dresses like this. I laugh a little bit. I think it's hilarious that I know exactly where they got their shit just by looking at them. I think it's hilarious how little personality, thought, and effort they put into their look. I feel bad for women that they have to deal with guys like these. But at the same time I'm happy. I used to be one of those guys, but not anymore.

I'm very much into vintage and unconventional clothing. I sometimes break gender stereotypes with my clothing. I cannot stand wearing shit that anyone else has. I've spent a year and a half finding the most unique clothing possible. It hasn't been easy. I can't just go into a big box store and walk out with a new shirt 10 minutes later. I practically live in vintage and thrift clothing stores. Sometimes I'll go shopping 7-8-9 times before I even find something no one else has. Even then it might not fit. It's frustrating and takes a lot of time but it's worth it because people instantly know I'm not some average frustrated chump.

Here's my advice:

DONT WEAR:

Blue Jeans
Shorts of any kind
Polo shirts
Button ups from any popular fashion chains (H&M, Walmart, etc etc)
sweat socks
denim jackets
clothing with any logo on it

DO WEAR:

Knitted tops
Faux fur/real fur
Clothing in weird colours (purple leather jacket)
Irregular patterns
vintage clothing from the 60s-90s.
corduroy/any different fabric
leather pants (try finding leather pants in blue)
also... don't be afraid to tuck in your shirt.
different collars (long collars, button ups with no collars)

This should give you a good idea of how you can start differentiating your fashion sense from the masses. The other day I saw a guy in a vintage store, he was wearing these weird as shit pants with a shirt tucked into them. His shirt was horribly wrinkled. I realize he was wearing a wrinkled shirt on purpose, for expression. It was so fuckin cool man.

I am planning how I am gonna take my style to the next level. I realize that I will have to get creative with my current clothing and alter it. For example, I have this white tshirt from the 90s with all these weirdly drawn faces on it. A huge hole got ripped in the back by accident. People tell me I should wear it like that. I thought about it, but what I'm gonna do is take the fabric from a neon purple and green silk shirt I have from the 80s, and sew it over the hole. Once that's done, I'll have an interesting shirt that no one else on this planet has.

Thanks for listening to my snobby rant about fashion.

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
ALSO AVOID:

tartan patterned button ups
tank tops

>