Fashion  Summer Fashion?

The Emerald Archer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Summer fashion is something that I've been playing around with for some time and have never felt that I "got it." I just got done reading Darius's articles on summer fashion and he has some really good points, especially about the shorts vs pants. I was wondering on what some of you guys rock during the summer months.

Do some of you manage to pull off the shorts look or do you strictly wear pants and nothing but? What brands are your guys' go to (both style/sexiness and affordability)? Lastly, what kind of footwear do you guys wear during the summer (in casual settings during the day and at night)? Is it your typical Sperry's and Converse, or have you found other footwear that has allowed you to pull of a sexy look over the summer while staying away from that "nice-guy" look?

Jackal

Rookie
Rookie
I where shorts during summer.

I understand why many people criticise shorts. Most shorts that guys wear generally do not look good (cargo shorts and chino shorts). You can also make the argument that even if shorts are done well they will never look as good as a jeans and other pants. However, I think that you can wear shorts if done right, and for the sake of comfort they are worth not looking as good pants. Also, in some environments due to the weather it is impractical and not common to wear trousers. For example, if you go on holiday to somewhere very warm like South East Asia, you will very rarely see anyone wearing pants, with the exception of locals.

During the day in summer I wear jean shorts, and either a v-neck t-shirt or a tank top. I usually go with a tank top. With a tank top you need a bit of muscle, and not to be fat otherwise it fails. For tank tops I have some plain ones in black and pink, and the others have some interesting patterns on.

I prefer jean shorts over all other shorts, because they have more edge to them. The jean shorts must be well fitted. They should end slightly above the knee, and no higher. You need to coordinate the colours on your tops and jean shorts. I don't like a shirt with shorts, I think the shirt looks to bulky with the shorts.

For footwear I like all white sneakers: Adidas superstars, Stan Smiths and common projects (very expensive though) are good choices.

Here are some examples of this look:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/179440366382048776/
White shirt, jean shorts and adidas superstars.

At night I wear jeans and a v-neck t-shirt, or a shirt. Pretty my first layer all year round.

kalyan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I haven't read much on fashion save the basics, but i can tell you what works for me:
Brands, I go for H&M, Pull&Bear, and, most importantly, Zara. The way Zara works is they sort of imitate the big, expensive brands, for people like me and you (I don't mean poor people, I mean people who care more about how a thing looks than what brand it is and how expensive it is).
Shoes, well, I love Sperry's. Moccasins are sexy too. One little thing I like to do, though, is i like to wear moccasin socks (the ones that don't show) with all my shoes. I feel the less socks you show, the sexier. Plus, there's a model called Marian Di Vaio whose socks never show. Check him out.

SherryDurr

Rookie
Rookie
I have gone through a online fashion site which has a great collection of jewelry pieces. I would like you to view products of this site and help me with the product quality and its pricing. Is it affordable to buy.

NorthStar

Space Monkey
space monkey
BBeyond said:
Summer fashion is something that I've been playing around with for some time and have never felt that I "got it." I just got done reading Darius's articles on summer fashion and he has some really good points, especially about the shorts vs pants. I was wondering on what some of you guys rock during the summer months.

Do some of you manage to pull off the shorts look or do you strictly wear pants and nothing but? What brands are your guys' go to (both style/sexiness and affordability)? Lastly, what kind of footwear do you guys wear during the summer (in casual settings during the day and at night)? Is it your typical Sperry's and Converse, or have you found other footwear that has allowed you to pull of a sexy look over the summer while staying away from that "nice-guy" look?

I usually wear both shorts and pants, mainly jeans, it really depends on the weather :) I see nothing bad in shorts, I think that only guys with really ugly legs shouldn't wear them but in real life there's really a small amount of such people... Also I like shirts, T-shirts, not warm denim jackets and vests, they're a cool part of wardrobe both for the "bad boy" and "nice guy" style, like in this gallery for example http://stylemann.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/eye-of-ra-tattoo-21-650x650.jpg :)
I adore such leather one, it's perfect for evening in clubs and summer concerts :)

6-Top-Gun-Leather-Vest-650x650.jpg

And speaking about shoes... Well, I prefer Converse, my sneakers and sandals (but without socks!) :)

>