Fashion  Perfecting Athletic Style?

Smurf

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've been dressing pretty casually lately, mostly due to the heat here where I am. I've been thinking about trying a style that shows your into sports/staying healthy but it still looks better dressed than average.

An idea of mine is a low cut.bro tank that shows off the chest, with a tight fitting windbreaker over it, shorts coming just above the knee, black socks with a black nike shoe or something.

Let me know what you guys think,

Jake.

Lotus

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey Jake,

I can't comment personally on the chill athletic style anymore, but I do have a buddy that wears a lot of under armor and it looks pretty good for an athletic branded company. They are expensive though.

Taylor

Ross

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
When working out I typically wear a slightly tighter t-shirt and mesh shorts with tennis shoes, which seems to be pretty stock normal. The idea of this type of clothing is to let your body do the talking. Low-cut tanks and short-shorts tend to shove it in the face of others, which can be polarizing/aggressive.

But I still prefer wearing better looking clothes when outside of athletic environments; one style may be easy, but it's not always the most effective when you're trying to look sexy.

Rage

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Lotus said:
Hey Jake,

I can't comment personally on the chill athletic style anymore, but I do have a buddy that wears a lot of under armor and it looks pretty good for an athletic branded company. They are expensive though.

Taylor

A good friend of mine is a runner, and I'm a lifter and we both go for this.

They have shorter ones or longer ones and both work: http://www.footlocker.com/_-_/keyword-nike+spandex (the compression tights, there's a bunch of different types in the link... I think they may be cheaper on amazon and for lesser known brands).

Chicks drool over these !! From what i've observed; and they are incredibly comfortable and effective to train in as well.

Smurf

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hahah Gem,

Those spandex would be tough for me to pull off, mostly 'cause my legs aren't there yet.

Lotus,

Yeah, this stuff can get expensive quickly if you don't know where to look/what people will brand label. I usually try and get the clothing from some sort of cheaper store, while the shoes I get expensive because people know the name.

Ross,

Do tanks really do that? I wear them all the time, I didn't realize I was putting it in people's faces haha. Maybe I should just go for the underarmor style shirt.

Jake.

Ross

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Jake D. said:
Ross,

Do tanks really do that? I wear them all the time, I didn't realize I was putting it in people's faces haha. Maybe I should just go for the underarmor style shirt.

Jake.

Lol, it's not that huge of a peacock but it certainly is more of one than say, a t-shirt. Not necessarily a bad thing either, polarization can be a great thing to master.

Robertb

Rookie
Rookie
Ross said:
When working out I typically wear a slightly tighter t-shirt and mesh shorts with tennis shoes, which seems to be pretty stock normal. The idea of this type of clothing is to let your body do the talking. Low-cut tanks and short-shorts tend to shove it in the face of others, which can be polarizing/aggressive.

But I still prefer wearing better looking clothes when outside of athletic environments; one style may be easy, but it's not always the most effective when you're trying to look sexy.

I agree with you, Activewear style is more of baggy and comfortable clothes.

NorthStar

Space Monkey
space monkey
Robertb said:
Ross said:

I agree with you, Activewear style is more of baggy and comfortable clothes.

I agree with you too :) I think that good T-shirts are cool for different styles and in some cases they're really better than top-tanks :) For example, I adore on guys the novelty T-shirts, like on these examples from StyleMann, they're one of the nost stylish types and universal for combining with different styles :)
Especially if a T-shirt has an interesting, cool design like on these pics :))

6-Galaxy-Cats-650x650.jpg

25-Prism-Awesomeness-650x650.jpg

>