Fashion  GC Fashion - What's your style?

tvktvk

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Soo I wanted to start a fashion thread.

I think it would be interesting to see what different styles guys on these boards use and why they use it. I feel fashion very much reflects the type of person and character you're trying to project. Obviously you're trying to fit the lover category, but as you know there are many different types within that genre.

Is there any style you are particularly fond of and have a lot of success with? Given your face shape, what hairstyle and facial hair do you have? Why do you think it works? Fashion is also always changing, just like you. Did you recently try something new out and get a boost in results? Please share it here! I'll go first haha :)

I have to two go-to outfits:

1. Bad ass leather bomber

671be20e12ed4d5cb7b1031cfaaf6176.jpg

2. Casual Black Military

3a50ef635b760c2e10ee42208474d70c.jpg

I recently posted my new hairstyle and facial hair in one of my last reports. I'm currently rocking a buzz cut with a shade of fade and a light beard. It's different and I like it. I've been getting lots of looks and a few compliments from girls so I'll be sticking to this one for a while (I have a square face shape btw). Looks something like this:

side-pose-of-jake-gyllenhaal-with-buzz-cut-hairstyle.jpg

TVKTVK

Raqimus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've recently bought some black chelsea boots and I fucking love them. I paired them together with some simple black skinny's and one of my 1mx express shirts(slim fit either navy or forest green) and i toss on a cord belt(grey) and I was getting a good amount of attention from women. I don't feel like I have a style that I can call my own yet. I'm still working on it. Is there anything that has helped you figure out your style? I'm using kinowear bible and sexystyleforjoe but havent had much time to go out and try shit.

tvktvk

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Raqimus,

Chelsea boots and black slim fit jeans are two of my go-to items for nightgame bro ;)
The outfit you described sounds good, but I belive there is a huge difference between a navy dress shirt and a forest green one. I LOVE the idea of the forest green, but in my exerience navy might be a little bit too bland with black jeans and boots (gonna come back to this later). I feel you need one or two items that really makes your outfit pop (the right amount of peacocking).

My mother is very fashionable, so while growing up she thaught me a bit. From a young age I took a liking to fashion. I believed that only goodlooking guys could get beautiful girls and in order to be goodlooking you also had to be fashionable (my theory wasn't completely wrong). Over the years I developed a pretty good sense for style and it has resulted in many compliments on outfits, hairstyle and cologne.

Personally I've never used guides. I browse iamgalla from time to time and I frequent GQ quite a bit. GQ's "this week in style" is pretty cool, but I especially love street style from gatherings in fashion capitals like Paris and Milan where I can maybe spot a few new trends that I like. Now since I've never used guides, there are a few things I have been thinking of adding to my outfits to help my game. Maybe a cool necklace or a leather bracelet that may garner comments or compliments from interested girls. Other than that I don't see the need for guides. As long as you dress well with the right amount of edge, you're good.

As of right now my fashion icon is David Beckham. Thanks to his fashion guru wife he has developed an incredibly simple and sexy style I believe:
David-Beckham-HM-618x464.jpg

The hair, the beard (love the thick moustache he's sporting currently) the outfit, it's all there. No homo, but mmmm...
With Beckham's style in mind, I went out clubbing on our national day (in Norway) like this (alhough with a white dress shirt, brown chelsea boots and a brown leather belt).
a8bc9a69456c85a79a6f6808c5673edc.jpg

I got a lot of looks from both girls and guys that night. A couple of cute girls also approached me :) The outfit itself wasn't really edgy, but with my buzz cut the complete package became a whole different animal. I think I came across as a classy bad ass. The guy in the picture however may not get too much attention in a bar just because his appearance is very bland. I haven't been going out too much lately due to my exams, but the few times I have gone out I noticed twice that the receptions I were getting from girls were either neutral or dismissive. Both times I was wearing black jeans, brown chelsea boots... and a thin navy banana republic wool sweater. I was thinking comfort over style, and I ended up looking straight up boring. Always think edgy and intriguing.

Anyways, I'll stop my rambling! I hope you gained some new insight :) Stay well dressed and sexy.

tvktvk

Raqimus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Wow those outfits look dope and very fashionable. I can see what your saying about the navy being a bit bland so I'll change it up a bit when it comes that particular outfit, maybe an electric blue,red, or the forest green. Oh what do you think about the forest green shirt, with some lightly faded blue jeans, the chelseas with a white henly underneath with a black belt? (Gonna try it out for my date and see what happens). With the guides it's more about finding my style, like what I want to convey and how I can go about conveying it ya know. You have the right fundamentals when it comes to fashion myself on the other hand... lets just say I had a favorite hoodie that had took quite a beating all four years of highschool hahahaha.

For the chelseas how would you go about cleaning them? I bought mines from the clark store and also bought the leather lotion, and an oiled leather sponge like whats the process, I've checked online and people give me different shit. But back to style i guess it would be useful to find someone to emulate, I have a tough time finding a black model( I'm black, brown skin, dark hair, dark eyes) and I'm not going for that rap style shit thats not me, so I'm still looking an figuring stuff out. All in all I like your style its awesome to find someone else that is really into style and clothing. And please ramble on I love learning! :)

tvktvk

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Raqimus said:
Oh what do you think about the forest green shirt, with some lightly faded blue jeans, the chelseas with a white henly underneath with a black belt?

Hmm, not too sure how it would look with a xpress button down, it may work! How did your date go? Personally I would use a more rugged checkered shirt over the henly, something like this:
522a9d445e1891f78bcb96e5960ef6f0.jpg

When it comes to shoe care, I really suck at taking care of any of my own things, haha. Estate had a good post about this though, look here https://boards.girlschase.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7558&p=35732&hilit=shoe+polish#p35732

Raqimus said:
I guess it would be useful to find someone to emulate, I have a tough time finding a black model( I'm black, brown skin, dark hair, dark eyes) and I'm not going for that rap style shit thats not me, so I'm still looking an figuring stuff out.

Tbh, I really love a lot of the stuff Kanye wears when he's not overdoing it with the whole douchebag image. ASAP Rocky is also a fashionista and has his own style which works for him, not really my thing though. If you don't like any of those two I would check out the gorgeous M'baye brothers, Sasha and Tidiou.
tumblr_na3hdszuOL1teq8gto1_500.gif

That's the older brother Sasha with some hottie... yummy

Thank you for taking a liking to my rambling Raqimus :) I recently bought a tweed jacket I'm really digging. I usually don't wear blazers, but I'm going to try out some new stuff and take a page from the tweed king himself, David Gandy:

fbea0313f22f816bb289dc1a62747318.jpg

tvktvk

Raqimus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
tvktvk said:
Hmm, not too sure how it would look with a xpress button down, it may work! How did your date go? Personally I would use a more rugged checkered shirt over the henly, something like this:
522a9d445e1891f78bcb96e5960ef6f0.jpg

Tbh, I really love a lot of the stuff Kanye wears when he's not overdoing it with the whole douchebag image. ASAP Rocky is also a fashionista and has his own style which works for him, not really my thing though. If you don't like any of those two I would check out the gorgeous M'baye brothers, Sasha and Tidiou.
tumblr_na3hdszuOL1teq8gto1_500.gif

That's the older brother Sasha with some hottie... yummy

Thank you for taking a liking to my rambling Raqimus :) I recently bought a tweed jacket I'm really digging.

tvktvk

Thanks for asking about the date man it went great :D as for the checkered shirt I personally haven't been able to find a good checkered shirt that fit me, maybe because I haven't been looking ;) I guess to add more of rugged masculinity to certain outfits its something to throw in as of now I've been balancing the feminine of the chelsea boots and skinnys, with the masculine of my vibe/walk and accessories that I sport.

Dude it's fucking weird how similar their faces are structured to mine, I look a bit more ethnic(which is weird) with larger eyes and nose hahaha. They are what I'm looking for, i just need to find "their" style not the runway stuff. Thanks for the suggestion on these two :D

Moving on to tweed are we? I feel like theirs an air of sophistaction and class surrounding tweed jackets. How has it been working out for you any noticable signs of attraction or new outfit combinations you like?

tvktvk

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Raqimus said:
Thanks for asking about the date man it went great :D

Been reading your reports lately, dude you're killing it in the tournament! Keep going bro :)

Raqimus said:
Moving on to tweed are we? I feel like theirs an air of sophistaction and class surrounding tweed jackets. How has it been working out for you any noticable signs of attraction or new outfit combinations you like?

Hahah, I've only used the jacket two times, last time was on monday. Not very comfortable with going out too dressed up lol, I'd rather go for a more bad ass look. My outfit on Monday was very much like Gandy's, grey tweed jacket (mine is a tad darker than Gandy's) a white grandad shirt tucked in to my forest green dress pants and leather brown chelsea boots. Did not notice any difference in attraction, but the last few weeks I've been getting attention from a lot of hot girls so I'm guessing I've gotten to a point where working any more on my fashion will only yield diminishing returns. Now it's time to push those interactions and close ;)

Regarding other outfit combos, one style I absolutely love during the summer time is denim:
url-23.jpeg

It's a killer!

tvktvk

Raqimus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hmmm never been a big fan of denim on denim, it looks old to me hahaha. I guess your right your fashions already at like this high point of attractiveness that minor changes don't seem to change how much attention you get since your already getting a lot of it ;). I really want to get into blazers and maybe try some smart pants and boat shoes, hopefully I get the day off to go out and try out all these different styles and see if one sticks.

And thanks man, I want to fucking win is all hahaha.

tvktvk

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just turned gay on myself. I was fooling around in my closet and found a new look: Suspenders, white shirt with rolled up sleeves and gray pants. MY GOD haven't looked this sexy in a loong time. Gonna head to a party on friday and get some actual data, but if you have some facial hair or tattoos I would HIGHLY recommend this look!!!

04e5359ba5e371762434e5dde523d02a.jpg
cc0d8760fc1902d9e5603633b4e9baf2.jpg

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
As a 40 year old, outdoors professional the look that Tom Selleck has when off screen works for me.

d5f448ec0964d785fbbe2059448da35c.jpg

45fa7b25778bd163d36b58ec7905c287.jpg

15-04-3011_r2.jpg

NorthStar

Space Monkey
space monkey
Raqimus said:
Hmmm never been a big fan of denim on denim, it looks old to me hahaha. I guess your right your fashions already at like this high point of attractiveness that minor changes don't seem to change how much attention you get since your already getting a lot of it ;). I really want to get into blazers and maybe try some smart pants and boat shoes, hopefully I get the day off to go out and try out all these different styles and see if one sticks.

And thanks man, I want to fucking win is all hahaha.

Blazers are cool! I like to wear them, especially with jeans, they make really good combination together, like on these pics http://stylemann.com/best-blazer-with-jeans-ideas/ for example :) Besides it's a good decision for the work places where the strict dress-code isn't obligatory :)
I like also the clothes from leather very much, especially the pants and jackets, I have this one and feel very cool when I wear it! :)

11-Lambskin-Bomber-650x650.jpg

And I like to wear different accessories too, scarfs, sunglasses and gloves are my favourite! :)

>