Travel  Punta Cana, DR

Lotus

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey, so I am going to Punta Cana in the beginning of May for a Vacation with my mom and some family friends. We are staying a the Occidental Grand. Resort looks massive 10 restaurants, 9 bars, late night disco, latin dance classes(must do). A lot to do in the resort. I have heard Punta Cana night life is sick but I have also heard it is a place where you don't really want to leave your resort at the same time. Being that I'm with a small group of family I would likely be doing all of my roaming solo.

Anyone that has been there have recommendations on saying inside the resort or not?

If not where should I go?

-brum

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey Brum sounds like a cool trip you got planned there.

I went to the DR 2 Novembers ago and had an amazing time although I never made it down to Punta Cana.

A buddy I met down there started in Punta Cana before going to Cabarete (which is where I was staying). He was traveling solo and I know for a fact he went out and explored the town at night, primarily because that was his favorite pastime aside from surfing.

I know Punta Cana is a tourist town that is more developed than Cabarete so I'd imagine you would be fine.

I walked by myself all the time in the wee hours of the morning and never had any issues (few too many prostitutes but they're mostly harmless, however I think prostitution is more prevalent in the Puerta Plata-to-Cabarete area).

It looks ghetto as can be and I'd be worried if I were in America but I was good to go.

Wouldn't hurt to not carry around lots of cash or dress overly superb.

Hope to hear some good stories from your trip man, good luck!

-Rob

RDawg

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Brum

Hey Brum, I was in Punta Cana about 4 years ago, when I was 17 for my high school graduation trip. I went with a group of about 50-60 people and we ended up staying on the resort 90% of the time. We never once went off the resort to the "downtown" area but this was mainly because we were all young and the parents that came with us wouldn't let us go. However, I did just get back from Cancun and Cancun is considered to be more dangerous than parts of central america in terms of going off the resort (e.g., cartel and shit). I went to the clubs in Cancun a few times and it was definitely worth it for the experience. I'm assuming the clubs in Punta Cana are similar to Cancun, so if you do have an opportunity to go, i'd recommend that. However, do keep in mind, it's going to be very sketchy and be careful of people who pickpocket such as hookers. They will get you, if your not careful. Additionally, another thing to keep in mind is that everyone their will try to rip you off, so be sure to think knowledgeably when it comes to money (e.g., If your taking a bus to downtown Punta Cana and it's 1 dollar and you give him a 10, make sure your getting that 9 dollars back; I got fucked like this in Cancun).

Lastly, when it comes to picking up women, it's best and easiest to pick up on the resort. Some resorts will make you pay for a girl to stay on the resort for the night and that can pose a problem. Also, a lot of the girls that you meet at the club might not come home with you, especially if your not at the same resort as them or at least close to them. Best option is probably to try and pick up at the disco bar and the main bar. You are going in May, which isn't usually a busy time but i'm sure you will run into a few groups of girls at your resort. Also, it will probably be mainly locals at the nightclubs downtown which can be good and bad, depending on how you look at it. If you can, maybe do a couple of excursions, like booze cruise and things like that because those can be VERY fun! Anyways, enjoy your trip man! All inclusive resorts are the best ;)

Enjoy!

Rdawg

Lotus

Modern Human
Modern Human
Finally getting to revist this. Thanks for sharing fellas.

Sounds like I should be able to safley do some exploring as long as I'm not stupid about it. I'm pretty tall and as long as I act confidently and dont get piss drunk i should be okay.

Lastly, when it comes to picking up women, it's best and easiest to pick up on the resort. Some resorts will make you pay for a girl to stay on the resort for the night and that can pose a problem. Also, a lot of the girls that you meet at the club might not come home with you, especially if your not at the same resort as them or at least close to them. Best option is probably to try and pick up at the disco bar and the main bar.

Agreed, I'm also hitching along with my mom( FREE-CATION) so I won't be bringing girls to the room it will be their place or hopefully a public/beach lay. I want to go to the clubs for practice more then pulling home locals... but maybe pull a local to a beach?... might be a bit sketchy though if I'm getting played.

T minus 2 weeks.. getting hyped!

-brum

Lotus

Modern Human
Modern Human
Not exactly what I had expected but it was the most fun I have ever had on a vacation and met some incredibly awesome people.

RDawg

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Brum

A little late to this but glad you had a good time man! When I went to Dominican, even though I didn't really pick up, I still had an awesome time! It's always fun at all-inclusives like that!

Rdawg

>