Travel  Travel Indecision

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I have to broad of a goal for "travel" and narrowing it down and making specific plans should help me take action.

So far my desire to travel seems to stem from an imagined ideal living situation where I can walk/bike/nice public transport (basically rarely touch a car) anywhere I want to get to, have beautiful architecture and nature to observe along the way (or at least within easy distance) and have lots of cute sexy girls around whom I can meet as I go about my day. The other necessities are easy access to high quality food. <-Major point

The problem is I have too many options on my list and that is making me pause with indescision to begin visiting any.
Places that come to mind that I want to visit

Split/Dubrovnik, Croatia
Tokyo
Amsterdam
Barcelona, Spain
Nontourist cities in Italy, France, Spain
Scandinavia
I Think I'd name all of Europe if I were continue.

I definitely need to narrow it down.
I love nature, let's be easy on wallet and the more pale, blonde, and feminine the girls are the better, though I'm not picky.

I've spent the last few years trying to figure out how I can make a passive income to just nomadically travel and visit all these places and stay as long as I want. I haven't done shit so I'm switching gears here.

I've been leaning towards Tokyo the most.

Fellow travels have you ever been indecisive about where to go? Any tips on deciding? Any insight to cool places?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
J-

Croatia I haven’t done. Though that’s largely because I’ve had a lot of folks tell me it’s nearly as Westernized as the rest of Western Europe, and there are other parts of Eastern Europe I much prefer. The most Westernized places in EE I generally here are Croatia, Czechoslovakia, and Lithuania.

Tokyo’s incredible, though quite expensive to live in. Extremely clean and convenient though it is BIG. Tokyo architecture is a very pleasant mix of modernity side-by-side with ancient temples and shrines. The Japanese do an excellent job of preserving the past without letting it stand in the way of progress. It’s the city with the world’s largest urban population (46 million people in the Tokyo metro area)… there’s no lack of cute girls to pass by.

Nightlife-wise, the trains stop at I think 1 AM and don’t start up again until 5 AM even on the weekends, which means lots of time with the nightlife you’ll need to come prepared to either stay out all night until the trains are running again (and a lot of folks do this) or just grab a love motel near whatever club you’re at with a girl if you pick up.

Barcelona is one of the toughest cities in the world to meet women in, anecdotally. Spain overall is just a really rough environment – I’ve stayed away simply because I’ve seen so many talented seducers move there from places like England and Australia and just have their results dry up. Spanish women even internationally are just big flirts yet really cagey, and from what I hear they’re much worse in Spain. (that said, I’d still really like to visit at some point, if simply to be a glutton for punishment – you know, just because everyone ELSE says it’s super hard, who’s to say your experience will be the same?). Salamanca is the other one I hear being super hard to pick up in in Spain, unless you’re going for tourist girls / exchange students from France, Belgium, America, etc. Madrid is supposed to be better than Barcelona/Salamanca for meeting women.

Milan and Florence would both meet your requirements of easily navigable cities that are just stunningly, absolutely gorgeous architecturally, and filled with beautiful women. Both cities are places I could live at some point, and perhaps will. They’re wonderful. Definitely have tourists though. An old mentor of mine rates Tuscany as his favorite place to go vacation in the world, though I couldn’t tell you what the woman situation is like there.

I’ll tell you what I do when I’m trying to nail down a place to visit though: first I check and see what cities I want to hit up. Then I check and see whom I know in those areas. If you can link up with someone in town who knows the location, it makes your experience much more controllable, as you’ll have a good friend there who will show you all the little hidden spots it’d otherwise take you ages to find on your own.

There are plenty of guys on these boards scattered across Europe, Asia, Africa… if I was you, I might just drop a post in Off Topic and ask who is where outside of America who’d be down to hang out and show your around his city for a week or two!

Chase

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Thank you Chase!

Turns out I have tons of people all over who I can stay with, so your advice is duly noted.

Since I last posted, I've been able to narrow down my indecision, its just a matter of setting up my lifestyle/income to be able to stay for awhile wherever I decide to perch.

That being said I'm insisting upon myself that I don't do vacations, but part-time living in these cities (or at least explore a bit until I find one I'm interested in), since I want to drink in the culture, learn about the people and seduce the women.

Just wondering, do you travel in a similar way? The thought of staying only two weeks in one place seems like a disservice to my whole motivation for travel.

Chase said:
Barcelona is one of the toughest cities in the world to meet women in, anecdotally.

Very interesting...

Chase said:
Tokyo’s incredible

Agreed, I spent some time there and it was an adventure just wandering the streets!

Chase said:
Milan and Florence would both meet your requirements of easily navigable cities that are just stunningly, absolutely gorgeous architecturally, and filled with beautiful women. Both cities are places I could live at some point, and perhaps will. They’re wonderful. Definitely have tourists though. An old mentor of mine rates Tuscany as his favorite place to go vacation in the world, though I couldn’t tell you what the woman situation is like there.

This is the insider tip I was looking for! Thank you. I remember reading a short article about a shoe maker in Italy who would wander the streets of "his beautiful city" for inspiration. This really lit a fire under my ass looking around my own dreary womenless streets!

Now, like you said, these are touristy cities (not always a bad thing maybe?) but I have been intending to find "sister" cities of the well known cities to avoid high prices and crowds of tourists. Have you ever looked into that? For instance, I've heard France has some amazing lesser known cities and Paris is said to be the least French city in the country. I'd be interested in knowing if the same goes for Italy, though checking out the well known cities will still be on my bucket list, no doubt.

I’ll tell you what I do when I’m trying to nail down a place to visit though: first I check and see what cities I want to hit up. Then I check and see whom I know in those areas. If you can link up with someone in town who knows the location, it makes your experience much more controllable, as you’ll have a good friend there who will show you all the little hidden spots it’d otherwise take you ages to find on your own.

There are plenty of guys on these boards scattered across Europe, Asia, Africa… if I was you, I might just drop a post in Off Topic and ask who is where outside of America who’d be down to hang out and show your around his city for a week or two!

Really appreciate this Chase.

Oh and can you comment on Russia or Estonia?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I’ll do the “spend a few months in a city” thing sometimes, but I also do a lot of busy trips where I spend just a couple of days in one city, then head to another city and spend a couple of days there, and so on and so forth. Generally I like to check a city out a bit before committing to it at all. I do have some friends that use the “6 weeks to 3 months per city” method quite religiously, though (one of them actually just fled Barcelona, as a matter of fact).

Re: sister cities, the thing to keep in mind with these is you will get a bigger novelty boost, but you’ll also encounter fewer English speakers. My friends who all speak second languages report it’s insanely easy to sleep with women in the non-capital/tourist cities of whatever countries they visit.

In my experience as a non-linguist you can still pull off nonverbal-based lays, but it’s more challenging and you have to go in expecting more Google Translate dates and more girls waving you off because they don’t know what you’re saying and are too intimidated to try to understand. Still lots of fun though, especially because it screens like a champ: the only girls who will stick around with you despite a big language barrier are typically ones you can bed ASAP. And you’re never anything but a lover to them because they know there’s no future there, so the whole thing’s extremely cut and dry. Not to mention the girls who DO understand you just about moisten their panties the moment an attractive guy starts talking to them in English… it’s the fantasy they’ve spent years recreationally learning English for, come to life (and they’re a lot less likely to have run into a foreigner before than women in the big cities).

Re: Russia and Estonia, I haven’t been especially impressed with the Estonian women I’ve met outside of Estonia and have heard it’s not the best place to pick up in-country, so have avoided. If you do go, there’s apparently a party island where all the partiers and Estonian celebrities go wild at during the summer, though I forget its name. Russia’s at the top of my to-visit list; I’ve passed through Sheremetyevo, but haven’t gotten out and about yet. Every friend I’ve had go there has come back in love with women he’s nabbed there, and the women you meet outside of Russia who are from there are often just incredibly beautiful. One friend claimed an easier time picking up in St. Petersburg than Moscow, but I’ve had other friends say Moscow was great for them.

Chase

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Speedy reply! I could talk about this all day, just a heads up.

Chase said:
Generally I like to check a city out a bit before committing to it at all.

This is what I expect I'll do. Explore and roam until I find a gem.

Chase said:
one of them actually just fled Barcelona, as a matter of fact

Its that bad huh! Now I don't feel so bad letting my spanish rust. (though Colombia is on my bucket list)

Chase said:
Re: sister cities, the thing to keep in mind with these is you will get a bigger novelty boost, but you’ll also encounter fewer English speakers. My friends who all speak second languages report it’s insanely easy to sleep with women in the non-capital/tourist cities of whatever countries they visit.

Turns out I'm a language junkie, so this makes my body tingle in anticipation for many reasons! ;} Even in the cities where many people speak English I plan to learn the native language. When I was in Tokyo I was surprised at how many people spoke English and that made things easy, but I felt like there was a layer I couldn't dive into without learning Japanese. Especially trying to talk to my cousin's very attractive Japanese girlfriend who didn't know a lick of english.

Chase said:
Russia and Estonia, I haven’t been especially impressed with the Estonian women I’ve met outside of Estonia and have heard it’s not the best place to pick up in-country

Hmm, interesting. I've met two Estonian women who were both very cute. They met each other in Tokyo where they modeled.
They've told me I'd like the natural and healthy lifestyle of the Estonians (and the language is supposedly one of the hardest to learn which intrigues me even more).
But their non-Estonian friend was the best looking of the three (dating a Hong Kong native), and they all met in Tokyo. So if its not all that great in Estonia, I know a place that is! ;} I'm sure they might know the name of that party island as well.

I've been using language exchange to practice some languages and the Russians are consistently the easiest to talk to and the most attractive. I've noticed quite a few are dancers and love to twerk... This threw me for a very pleasant loop. I've also heard that St. Petersburg is more friendly than Moscow.

One of the most important aspect I'm looking for in a city (besides architecture and babes) is the ability to NOT have to use a car. This is my frustration with US cities and I loved being able to get across Tokyo on foot with ease. I want to be able to talk to those cuties walking the streets as I do my business or be able to find high foot traffic areas to hone my day game skills.

>