Health  Stree-reducer/Morning Routine/etc. - Check it out.

Mr.B

Space Monkey
space monkey
So thanks to this website and its members: I didn't commit suicide, I stopped making horrible decisions, and I planned for my future in ways that I never did before. I went from feeling lost and confused to excited and focused in a matter of 4-5 months because of Girlschase, Tony Robbins, Jim Rohn, and my good friend from home.

Something I am tackling right now is de-stressing my body when I wake up some mornings (I smoked cigarettes for 3 years and quit 2 months ago. If you don't know, it takes a while for all the guck to leave your body). Some mornings I wake up with my body and mind feeling great. Sometimes I feel extremely tight. A lot of this has to do with my body adapting from being a home body who was depressed and motionless to starting two side businesses and running a travel business from home. I hit the gym 2 times a day and am doing a pitching program designed by an MLB coach. It's no joke.

All of the above to say that what has helped me: reduce stress, feel fucking incredible, enjoy life and physical activity 10x more, and keep on keeping-on is thanks to...

A band.
A foam roller.
And a yoga mat.

http://www.bodywindow.com/foam-roller-e ... scles.html

I went from a cold and tense body to a relaxed and toned one in 3-4 weeks? Lost 15 lbs too.

You can listen to audio books even, it's a great way to start and end your day.

If you follow a foam roller routine every day, you will feel like a million bucks, guaranteed.

Hope this helps someone.

Lord Byron

Space Monkey
space monkey
Awesome story, Mr. B!

What routine(s) did you follow on the website link you provided?

Mr.B

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks, Lord Byron.

I find the stretch where you lay it parallel to the spine and stretch your arms out wide to be similar to a power pose.

http://www.bodywindow.com/images/xfish- ... uyCIM0.jpg

Ny favorite stretch to show newbies who are skeptical is the IT Band. It is the tightest muscle in the whole body. It would make The Rock cry.

Thinking of adding a foam routine to your day?

Lord Byron

Space Monkey
space monkey
I am!

My body carries an enormous amount of tension in it, and I've been looking for good ways to start minimizing the tension.

A foam roller routine sounds like it could be something very helpful for me. You'd also mentioned a 'band' in your original post?

>