Health  How to be active when you work in an office ?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Be active enough before and after that you don't mind 8 hours of sedentary time.

Can you make time for an hour of intense exercise before work 3 days, and moderate 2 days?

misty

Rookie
Rookie
Being a mother, it's really hard enough to manage time for routine workouts. I hardly get 30 minutes for my Yoga class early in the morning but I think it's enough for me.

Parkour

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I workout every morning 7 days a week but on a 4 day cycle. Day 1 is heavy lifting, 2 is lighter legs, 3 is hard cardio, 4 is lighter upper body. Always warm up 10 min cardio, abs on hard cardio day.

At work I have a standing desk, walk around block 3 times during the day. Lunch is usually a walk away.

I try to do parkour or something similar after work if I’m up for it

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I have dumbbell weights... I do dumbbell workouts 30 minutes every day. You can try that.

KevinWha

Rookie
Rookie
I'm an office man too. Sitting and printing on my PC all day long 5 days a week. However, it does not stop me from doing sports after my working day. I personally prefer to do cardio workouts outdoors. In winter period especially. I just run and then make bodyweight training. After that, I like to take a contrast shower. That's ut. That is my recipe for some but regular activity!

jakesykes949

Space Monkey
space monkey
Just do some calisthenics every hour or so.

Something like the following:
-15 pushups
-15 sit ups
-15 air squats
-15 jumping jacks
-15 air squats or lunges

I also have some dumbbells in my office, and every now and then I'll bust out some reps (30 curls and 30 tricep extensions).

It helps a lot. Getting the blood flowing feels great, and it's good for you. Plus it improves your focus and work quality.

>