Dinner For One . . .

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Have Your Getaway Spot

Primer:
As I take time to listen music as I write this post, I can't help but stress the importance of making time for yourself. You've had a long week with projects, long days at the office, friends, family, or other countless activities. You need some time set aside for yourself, to recharge your batteries. The best thing when you set aside that time you'll be so refreshed, meeting new girls will be so easy. Anything will be easy with a clear head because you won't have excess clutter blocking your thoughts.

Corner Office:
I know Chase has referenced that he has a room set aside as an office that he goes to get away. Just Dad (My actual dad), has his own own too in his home. I have a music studio in my home where I go to unwind. Just Mom (my actual mom), has a room she uses as her yoga room. My older brothers have a weight room. One of my best friends going up has a entertainment room. It's just a space you go to unwind, sometimes you just need that space. Some of my friends either go on road trips or nature hikes. Other even order in, some girls I know take bubble baths and such. In the mainstream for guys they refer to this particular location as a man cave.

Do Not Disturb:
The whole point of this is getaway is to ease your mind before you go back out into the world. The overall objective is to reach relaxation, you can't acquire this if you're constantly be intruded on and have constant interruptions. You can still be accessible to people, just have them knock on your door. I keep my phone by me, just in case someone needs to get a hold of me. Remember you're not being anti social, you're just recharging your batteries.

What are some ways you guys relax and ease your mind, leave interesting or creative responses below. :)

Questions, comments, concerns?!

Relax a little,

Just Dave

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I have three:

- Shower (5-10min)
- Sauna or steam room (15-30min after the gym)
- Hookah lounge by myself (1-2hours)

by the way, nice topic!

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
ozzo said:
I have three:

- Shower (5-10min)
- Sauna or steam room (15-30min after the gym)
- Hookah lounge by myself (1-2hours)

by the way, nice topic!

Hey Ozzo,

Thanks a ton mate!

I spent a lot of time in this hookah lounge at my school last year that had some of the sexiest waitresses I've seen in awhile. I loved hosing down and blowing some "O"s and, every one in awhile a sexy stranger would come in join me. I had built up quite the preselction there.

Little Jester

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah got a music studio in my place set up for myself as well :) If not working on some music project, it is so great to hide in the dark with some tunes on. However, if the weather is nice, I'd leave the studio for a walk outside to a park nearby. The walk clears my head. Then drop down on a bench in the sun there, getting my phone out to clear out e-mail and mass text a bunch of cute girls in my phone (well that latter one was when I didn't have a relationship yet). Then walk back and clear out my head yet again. Then when coming back, lock myself up in the studio and get some music done :)

I also make it a point to travel by train outside rush hours as much as possible. Aside from being able to travel on discount in those hours, I can chill in the train without anyone sitting next to or across from me. That way I can listen to some fitting music on my phone in peace, while staring out of the window into the scenery that is passing by. Or I read a book there, or do some meditation like stuffs. Perfect use of travel time.

Lately for lazy Sundays with bad weather outside, I stay at home, stick to baggy, comfy clothes / bathrobe, pour a cup of coffee, clear the table in the living room and take out a 1000~2500 piece jigsaw puzzle and sit down there completely absorbed. Can't even be bothered by the GF until it's done, although she can help with a few pieces if she likes :p... that's always nice!.. Crazy, but sooo relaxing :)

Whizzy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
My favorite place used to be the gym but lately I've taken up the hookah lounge as well. No work, outside distractions or anything like that...but so relaxing.

>