Tips on how to have fun day in and day out?

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi everyone,

Curious for your thoughts on this. I've seen a number of threads generally about "having fun" but I haven't come across this particular question.

I was wondering if anyone has tips on how to have more fun in life day in and day out?

For the general question of "how to have fun," certain activities are suggested that seem to be in the nature of 'every-now-and-then.' For instance, traveling. Sure, one could put a trip together, but only every now and then. Even if one goes on a mini-trip each weekend that's only 2 days out of 7. If one attends dance class, that's only, say, 1 night a week. If someone likes going to the gym each day, okay but that's only 1 hour a day. Etc.

So as you're going about life, how do you just always have fun and enjoy life and not be, if I may coin a phrase, "activity dependent"? Is that even possible? Is the trick to just load your schedule with fun activities so there's never down time? Or is there something on the inside that you have to build so that no matter what you're doing, you're always having a blast?

The reason I'm personally asking this is because I struggle mightily with that interview question "if you were given all the money you'd ever need to never work again, what would be the first thing you'd do?" I have no answer. I feel like I'm not a fun enough person and that I should definitely have an answer, even if it's not a standard answer like going straight to the airport or straight to a car dealership, etc.

Anyway, just curious what you guys do to live fun lives day in and day out, in between all the planned, scheduled activities. Thanks guys!

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
What exactly do you like to do?

Fun is relative.

You say dancing and the gym is only an hour a day, well you can do both 5 days a week, 7 if you really want. You might be tired after that.

Going out to the bars and clubs are fun, you could do that at nights.

U just gotta find out what u wanna do and fit it in your schedule.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
By always having something to look forward to....
Right now I'm at work, but I'm looking forward to that meal I'm going to cook tonight. It's a new recipe and I need to buy the ingredients at the store today at lunch.

By being grateful.
Yeah it's snowing but the city looks pretty under a blanket of new snow. See the beauty in everyday situations.

By being encouraging to other people in meaningful ways.
Not necessarily with unsolicited encouragement, which gets old after a while but, with engaging with people and taking interest in what they are doing. Take joy in other people's success.

By revelling in what you have done.
You got that workout in every day for the last week. You are one step closer to achieving a big goal.

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sub-Zero, that's one thing that's always been a problem for me my entire life. Nothing really appeals to me. In fact, the hardest thing I've had to do in my life isn't learn to talk to girls, it's try and find things to do. There's just nothing out there that I want to do, side from the core stuff like continue to do well at work.. so I can make more money.. so I can move into a place of my own. Or finally have a life that involves getting laid. Those are things that appeal to me.

Climbing mountains? Traveling? Surfing? Just never had any desire to do stuff like that.

Good ideas Fuck This. Thanks!

>