Personal Opinion: Learn Women First Then Focus on Money

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Was with my cousin earlier today in the car and he was talking to a friend of his from back in MO. Apparently the gossip currently making the rounds is a guy that was in my high school class (tiny town, 22-23 that I graduated with depending on how you want to count it).

Now, what happened with this guy is that he went straight to work on the boats right out of high school. So he's had time to work his way up a little bit, and being in the small town where we're from, he makes good money comparatively speaking.

He married a woman that left him for another woman. Four weeks after the divorce finalized (apparently it was a super speedy divorce) he's gone and knocked up another woman. This other woman has quite literally never been faithful to any of her men. Literally not once, according to quite a few people. Including my cousin who had a fling with her. Also heard from quite a few people that this woman is a few nuggets shy of a full happy meal.

This makes me so happy that I decided to focus on women before I focused on money. Sure, I'd probably be doing really well right now and sometimes I even think about how things would have been had I focused on money first instead of women.

But stuff like this... this reassures me that I made the correct decision. Because with the sheer volume of scarcity I had with women, I'd be in a far worse position than this guy. I may not be in the best of positions now but I know without a single doubt in my mind it would be 100x worse, overall, if I focused on money before women.

I wouldn't have had a clue... at least with my crap I'll probably end up with probation and have it all behind me somewhat soon. But the kind of fuckup this guy has done? He's going to be taken to the cleaners and lose it all.

And it would have been way worse for me because my scarcity of women at the time of graduation was undoubtedly the absolute worst in my class. Now it's probably the best lol.

The guy that I'm talking about? This isn't even close to the first time I've heard this story. The only thing that changes are the names...

Wow I'm so glad I focused on women first, especially in this crappy country.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Regal,

Always good to cement a good cross roads life decision.

Yeah I've had some of the exact same thoughts of "why didn't I start learning business/making money sooner?!" but being where I was with women at that point in time (zero girlfriends and a lay count of 1 girl with no new girls in the past 18 months) and all the interesting and wild experiences that I was fortunate enough to amass well it was emotionally enriching and I have a very solid foundation and mental paradigm to operate from to avoid all those retarded bone headed decisions that guys without foresight make (as you point out). Well I have the foresight to avoid those decisions lets hope I'm wise enough in the moment to navigate those as I'd like ;p

Yeah if I could go back and do it again I wouldn't change a thing.

Now when it comes to college I spent A LOT of time studying to make perfect grades (I graduated with a 3.93 GPA) and having interviewed with multiple companies and being offerred pretty well to do positions with med-big companies I have to say that GPA is the biggest waste of time I've ever put into something. If I could go back in time and "do it over again" I'd do the least amount of school work possible to make straight "C's" and teach myself digital marketing and start an online business in a profitable niche... I'd be making good money on my own by now if I would've traded that out for getting a good GPA ... SMH.

But at least I got laid a lot during that time period :D

-Rob

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Mr.Rob said:
Yeah I've had some of the exact same thoughts of "why didn't I start learning business/making money sooner?!" but being where I was with women at that point in time (zero girlfriends and a lay count of 1 girl with no new girls in the past 18 months) and all the interesting and wild experiences that I was fortunate enough to amass well it was emotionally enriching and I have a very solid foundation and mental paradigm to operate from to avoid all those retarded bone headed decisions that guys without foresight make (as you point out). Well I have the foresight to avoid those decisions lets hope I'm wise enough in the moment to navigate those as I'd like ;p

Definitely enriching ;)

Yeah if I could go back and do it again I wouldn't change a thing.

Now when it comes to college I spent A LOT of time studying to make perfect grades (I graduated with a 3.93 GPA) and having interviewed with multiple companies and being offerred pretty well to do positions with med-big companies I have to say that GPA is the biggest waste of time I've ever put into something. If I could go back in time and "do it over again" I'd do the least amount of school work possible to make straight "C's" and teach myself digital marketing and start an online business in a profitable niche... I'd be making good money on my own by now if I would've traded that out for getting a good GPA ... SMH.

But at least I got laid a lot during that time period :D

-Rob

I know how ya feel, I wish I would have dropped out a year and a half sooner than I did :(

aray808311

Space Monkey
space monkey
Haha at " a few nuggets shy of a happy meal"
Yes amen to this I never understood when people were like "focus solely on making money and your career and the women will automatically come" or " no woman wants to be with a broke/ non-rich guy" it doesnt make sense to me

Monsieur PUSSYMAGNET

Space Monkey
space monkey
Regal Tiger,

I couldn't agree more amigo.

I think if everyone looks at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, you'll realise pretty quickly how stupid it is to forgo satisfying psychological needs. Chase spoke about this in his post on 'The Purpose of Life from a Practical Point of View'. Your biological needs will always hold you back from peak performance in your career and relationships if you don't get enough food, water, rest and most importantly, regular sex. Darius (in one of the most helpful GC articles I've read so far) also mentioned how important healthy dating and relationships are in the pursuit of your mastery or whatever goals you're trying to get handled.

Personally, I found out that chasing money on it's own(without a clear figure/end pursuit and purpose) is futile, if you think it'll contribute to your overall life happiness or ability to seduce girls effortlessly. I was 18, fresh out of high school and without a degree or real-world work experience. However, I found myself working in sales at a start-up that scaled rapidly and my base salary plus commissions were pretty lucrative. I also had the opportunity to study investment under our comanies owner because she was impressed by my youth, energy and ambition. I quit after 3 months.

You see, I was well on my way to earning a four-figure salary, a commision fee structure that would be double or triple my salary and earning passive income from my investment portfolio. This I shit you not. True story. This was all at 18, while my old high buddies were fucking around in varsity, at home or selling shit in malls. I say this not to brag but to show you how advanced I was in my financial domain in comparision to peers my age and even most adults in the corporate world. But here's why I left.

I had no friends, I had no girls in my life, I never went out to cold approach, and I wasn't that attractive or confident either. I worked LONG hours, never saw my family and had to put most of my hobbies aside while I lost touch with my main interests too. I would spend my free-time at work fantasizing about my travels and the expensive possessions I'd have once I had a fat amount of cash flowing into my account every month. But alas it was just dreaming not acting on my desires. I had lost focus of what I truly wanted and what I was willing to suffer for. I would come home tired, weak and horny as hell. I wished that I had a girl to get intimate with but I'd just wank myself to sleep instead. That my friends, is one sad fucking life. I'm glad I was only 18. Imagine if was 25, or 35 or 45. That would've been a life wasted.

So I quit and spent the last 5 months off the year at home, doing very little expect for rekindling my interest in sports, music and cinema. I had pretty low-confidence at that stage of my life though. I had been in and out of hospital for a month after I quit, because of substance abuse. So I did basically no cold-approaching at all.I still had no friends at all and I was feeling quite pathetic in general. On the flip side though, I had tons of time to reflect and journal. I discovered a few flaws in my thinking and the overall mindset that I carried. Although it took quite a while, I finally decided what domains to focus in my life. I did a lot of reading on leading and decision-making as well as reading GC regularly. I decided to focus solely on pick-up and writing about sports, while working on my health and appearance and personal development(reading and travelling [to learn new mental models], developing productive habits etc.). To be honest,it's the best decision I've made in my life thus far. I have managed to commit to incredibly specific goals with a greater mission in the background. I have also realised that MAKING MONEY FOR MONEY'S SAKE IS BASICALLY COMMITTING TO A LIFE OF STRUGGLE FOR STRUGGLE'S SAKE.

Fighting to improve one's fundamentals and game is a deliberate pursuit of mastery that'll have an overall positive impact in your life. DELIBERATE! I feel like focusing on money should also be deliberate rather than just chasing a fat stack of cash or owning a business empire, just to ball on those below you. Know what you need the money for and exactly how much you need. Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are some of the richest and most powerful men on earth. But they look like boring, regular guys who are stuck in the rat-race. Ok maybe not Buffet...lol, he's a fucking baller. But my point is that they're all involved in the pursuit of adding some serious kind of value to society in one way or the other. I doubt that those men think of throwing the hottest parties, buying the sickest cars, and having a ton off pussy in their DM's. And I'm not saying that those things are necessarily bad. If that's what important to you then you'll at least have a reason to grind and build a balance sheet pouring with money. But if you don't have at least an okay sex-life, and some solid social skills, how exactly are you going to enjoy all that money once you've made it? IF YOU'VE MADE IT. Remember that the ability to ball is pretty rare. It takes months even years of dedication.

Guys who are so super-focused on making money without taking care of their other needs probably suffer from a lack of consciousness. If I never discovered GC in high-school, I'd probably be the most angry and sexually frustrated person on the planet. I got lucky. 'Lucky'. I guess, that my growth mindset that I carried has always led me well. I always had this idea in my head that I could become a better person, no matter how negative my self-image was. Women was always an area I wanted to handle from as young as possible. I'm a horny motherfucker. I want to fuck every piece of pussy that passes my way. I'm also a romantic and very emotional. I love sharing moments with girls and connecting on the deepest level possible. So now this is what I'm focused on.

-Travelling(through various means - exchange/volunteer programmes)
-Writing(sports, non-fiction)
-Seduction

These 3 areas pretty much will serve much of the needs of my life's main and sub-domains. Just note that I haven't discarded money making completely. Rather I've redesigned my thinking on wealth(thank God, I worked at an investment company). This was thanks to Chase's concept of developing monetizable skills and Tim Ferris' concept of the 'New Rich'. I've also read books like Think and Grow Rich, Rich Dad Poor Dad etc. But one book I must reccomened to those in high school, or currently in college is a book called 'Recession Proof Graduate' by Charlie Hoehn, I don't want to go into detail at all since this is turning into a pretty long reply but if you think geeting a degree is going to improve your job prospects let alone your job satisfaction think again. Hoehn details the future of securing work, which is based more on content portfolio and already developed skills vs a degree from a prestigious school and a fancy C.V.

Anyway, I feel like no matter where you are in life and how old you are, you can always improve your life, by getting to understand your own mind and thinking, developing positive mindsets and becoming a strategic thinker. I once read that STRATEGY IS THE ESSENCE OF ACTION. Strategy is the link between where you are and where you want to be. Without a clear vision and purpose there is no reward. And in a life full of pain and struggle, why the fuck would you want to live without the most abundant, exciting and fulfilling rewards life has to offer? I'll leave you with a few excellent articles here on GC to brushup on that'll help you guys put YOUR life into perspective, become a better decision-maker and strategist too. But first, a quote by one of the most famous strategists of all time, chess grandmaster Jose Raul Capablanca:

"In order to improve your game, you must study the end game before everything else"

Here are the articles gentleman...

- Cole on 'Decision-Making'
- Varoon on Creating Your Life
- Darius on Juggling Women, Projects, Career, Habits and more
- Chase on Purpose and 12 Things To Get Handled Before 35

>