How do you guys keep your long hair awesome

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase, Hector and others here all sport long hair.

I am in the same boat with my long curly mane,

but I feel, after having it for 5 years, that it is a big burden. Working out, gets in the way when doing martial arts, gets sweaty and needs frequent washes, doesnt dry easily so i have to wait 2 hours after a shower to be able to go out, takes long time to care for etc etc

And my life is quite intense, both physically and mentally, a lot of studying and places to go and then working out, which results in me looking like a hobo (in the hair department) most of the time.

Sure, when I take proper care of my hair, like the summer when I have time and Uni is over, they are amazing. Simply amazing. I get girls staring at me like creeps lol. And the long look really suits me. But for the rest of the year, at least with what I've been doing, its a pain in the ass.

To be honest I am not keen on cutting it, but if there is no solution its better to have a well groomed short look 100% of the time, than a shitty one 90% and amazing 10%.

So how do you guys go about it?

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
OK, I want to know what others have to say about this.

I keep my slightly-past-shoulder-length hair in a bun 100% of the time. It's thick and curly (pretty much like Hector's, though shorter) and it's absolutely impossible to let it down without it becoming a mess throughout the day.

I didn't notice any SUPER obvious attraction boost indicators ever since letting it grow, though I still don't have the other traits that make it attractive in contrast e.g. being huge. Only now it's more characteristic and people notice it more and they take me more as a leftist, even if I'm exactly at the other end of the spectrum. So I'm still considering cutting it. But I'll get the most jacked that I can get before deciding on that.

I'm sure I'm doing a horrible job taking care of it, thought I don't know how to do it really lol but I can't really brush it easily with my fingers for example, which makes re-styling it during the day a painful chore.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Guys,

Don't wash more than once per 3 days. I wash it only once per day. Wash or dry it with a wet towel. :)

CaptainHenley said:
To be honest I am not keen on cutting it, but if there is no solution its better to have a well groomed short look 100% of the time, than a shitty one 90% and amazing 10%.

Zac uses Loreal Elseve Hydraulon (to hydrate hair) every 3 days. He doesn't wash his hair more than once per day.

Layman's

1)Conditioner with Hydration
2)Hair Breakage Serum every once per week or month
3)Shampoo once per week
4)Wash with cold water
5)Hairdryer with switch to cold temperature
6)Diet (fruits and nuts)

and occasional visits to salon to wash. :) You can probably get a head massage and wash for like $8 bucks.

Zac

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I find "tips" like "diet" incredibly generic. I have had widely different diets and my hair looked pretty much the same health-wise.

The problem that I find with my hair (and most non-famous people, I would suspect) is that I can't make biweekly trips to high-end salons for it to look like Thor's. I read in a website once where girls were giving their their opinion on long hair on guys, and the only pattern you could find was that unkempt and greasy hair looked unattractive, which I completely understand and even agree.

What annoys me in having long hair is that having it in a bun is slightly less practical than it looked before I had one (when laying my head on bed or sofa for instance) and it looks like shit when it's not tied up. Granted, my daily routine of getting up -> putting my hair into a bun could use some improvement. I tried looking up some shit but I didn't find one where the results were worth the hassle.

I'm torn when it comes to hair length. I think short hair does not flatter my head shape, but I think my unkempt hair looks like shit also. Specially after gym, etc. Kinda remembers me of Max but all around long:

12747699_1305733192786993_1789385612_n.jpg

I'm thinking of going back to top-knot. Or doing some undercut in the sides/back. But I'm thinking. Gonna let it grow until Hector's length I think before taking a final decision. If you someone has been in my shoes before, feel free to chime in, I'm all ears for some perspective.

EDIT: Oh, and my hair look cool as fuck when wet. Pretty much like Thor's. I have no idea what I'm doing to fuck it up when it's dry but I wouldn't apply product that makes it look like it's wet because that's lame.

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
lol big its like I am reading my life in here

I lost it on the "leftist" part, so relatable...

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
PLEASE READ PROPERLY.

You can go to residential areas/non populated areas and get your hair wash for like $10 hair wash. Don't tell me that you didn't read and only choose what you perceive/prefer to read.

Zac

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Huh, I thought this was in your post:

ZacAdam said:
6)Diet (fruits and nuts)
If you really thought that bit should have been ignored, you should not have posted it in the first place. I won't discuss this any further with you because it will kill a thread I'm interested in hearing what other people with shoulder-length+ hair have to say.

(We don't even know if that's your case. You just threw that listicle out there without even mentioning: your hair length, type, and thickness + results you got from that and the reactions you got from girls or people.)

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Big Daddy,

Big Daddy said:
Huh, I thought this was in your post:

ZacAdam wrote:
6)Diet (fruits and nuts)

So now i see where you operating from. I guess we all see from perspective. So Zac noted diet and straightaway, this guy is full of shit. Zac is full of shit. Okay whatever.

Big Daddy said:
If you really thought that bit should have been ignored, you should not have posted it in the first place.

Thank you for your absolute way of thinking. Okay cool. If one piece of note is assumed as full of shit, then whatever. But this is where i am pissed off

Big Daddy said:
The problem that I find with my hair (and most non-famous people, I would suspect) is that I can't make biweekly trips to high-end salons for it to look like Thor's

I SOLVE YOUR FUCKING QUESTION With THIS! READ BELOW

ZacAdam said:
and occasional visits to salon to wash. :) You can probably get a head massage and wash for like $8 bucks.

ZacAdam said:
You can go to residential areas/non populated areas and get your hair wash for like $10 hair wash. Don't tell me that you didn't read and only choose what you perceive/prefer to read.

Zac

>