Hitting a motivation roadblock

Inbocca

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Around Halloween last year, I got hit by a car and broke my leg. Three months of bedrest and no weight-bearing activities really put a damper on my ambition. Moving back in with my parents really didn't help either; they're both very... content, and there's not a whole lot of positive energy around the house to help propel me forward. It's ironic - I remember telling someone on this forum that moving back in with family would be my last resort, and then it happened. Furthermore, the project bar I was working at was cancelled after a bunch of issues and the owner skipped out on paying everyone. I've filed a wage claim, but it's going through the state labor board so it's taking forever. I wasn't able to pay my rent or lease termination so now my credit is in the toilet. I've been able to walk since January, but because of that I can't move out until I pay off the debt and restore my score.

I can see a lot of behaviors along the way that led to where I am now. I tried to stay on top of reading and planning my future while holed up in bed, but ended up binging Netflix most days. Then there were the painkillers... oh boy, let me tell you. So easy to just keep poppin. My parents had some stores (dad was an addict for 30+ years) so when mine ran out I started using theirs. Surprisingly never got addicted - I always kept my dose pretty low, so when I eventually decided to stop there were no DTs or anything. They've never said anything about it to me, but I'm pretty sure they know - or just assume it was my brother lol. So my decision to watch TV all day, take pills, and not actively search for a job pretty much exhausted my drive to better myself.

Fastforward some months, and I've gotten a new job as a bartender at a pretty nice restaurant in a ritzy part of town, a wage claim against my employer and a lawsuit against the guy who hit me / his insurance company are underway (they'll probably take a while), I'm going back to the gym again, got a car, saving up and paying off my debts, and made some improvements to my appearance and fundamentals. In spite of all of this, though, I feel very far behind; and when I sit down to resolve to do something about it like I did before, it's like I'm burned out. Before all this, I knew my skills were lacking but it would be okay because of the drive to fix that. Now that drive seems gone, and since it's paramount to any kind of real improvement, how do you get that drive back?

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I was having that motivation hit a while ago. Some life tragedy, although different than yours.

But then, one day on the bus, I saw a guy approaching a girl. They hit it off.
And I realized: no matter what happened to me, the world moves forward.

That means guys talk to girls, girls talk to guys, they date, they have sex, they have boyfriend girlfriend.

No matter what happened to you, the world moves forward.
So just improve.
A little bit is fine.

>