Being Loud vs being Cool kat

skin_man

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm especially a very quiet person. I grew up getting things done more than talking about the things i would like to do. It proved effective when i had few responsibilities because then i could bury my head into whatever i was doing and only come up to give excellent results.

However when socializing, i find it hurts me to be quiet. I could be loud but if I'm not warmed up, i tend to reset to the mumble.

Recently i got into an altercation with some guys in an alleyway. Familiar faces but they turned on me because i was acting too gentle.. Like i hoped they would get a hint and let me pass that night. Unfortunately, i only let out a shout and someone came to my aid. It was me against 4 bug dudes. (one of them was tiny).

In any case, when it was all over, my phone screen shattered, i went back to that alley a few hours later to get restitution. In fact, i was still being calm and cool in my poise to be heard about the damage these guys had done to me.

In the end i got only a mediocre reception and one of the parting thoughts this criminal gave me was that when they had begun surrounding me earlier, i should have reacted more agressively and sparked an outrageous noise to send them running with their tails between their legs.

Now i don't know how effective that would have been after much rationalizing. So i ask, is it indeed useful to be loud and abrasive in situations where your attitude is not being scored?

skin_man

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
thanks Slay.

definitely taking this on board for the rest of *life* if I can dare say so.

Ree

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Can u give us more details of that story

>