Rugged masculine

Lotus

Modern Human
Modern Human
Guys,

I've finally begun putting in the effort to take my style to the next level.

When I lived up north I was able to get away with some lazy outfits because I had a nice pea coat, multiple colors of Walabees, dark blue(but not well fitting) jeans and multiple V-neck colors. Lots of neutral colors that worked really well in the colder weather.

I moved down south to Florida last year I couldn't layer up nearly as much. I've been wearing washed jeans(medium shade of blue) with the V-necks and either some dark sneakers or sperry/boat shoes that correspond to the colors of the shirt. Sometimes I'll swap the jeans for chinos depending on the occasion.

I've recently gotten some much better fitting, very dark jeans and grabbed some Steve madden boots as winter approaches. Now the dark V-necks and Henley's I could get away with do not work at all with the dark jeans and darker boots. I need some contrast in my shirts, but I'm not sure where to start.

Other then the one gray Henley, and a darker red flannel, nothing looks remotely good.

What colors and styles of shirts would I want to begin to look at to complete the masculine look I'm currently working on?

Note: because of my location it's going to be hard to layer year round. It's the only drawback of living down here so far.... my style has suffered massively from not have access to outerwear or boots year round.

Lotus

Parkour

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
What is SSfJ? what did you end up pairing with the dark jeans and boots?

Lotus

Modern Human
Modern Human
Sexy Style for Joe is a fashion website by a gent named Darius(Chase has featured him before), that helps you break down you and your style to provide the best outfit options.

I realized there aren't any end all be all options for jeans and dark boots, because ideally you need multiple layers and multiple colors. With dark jeans and dark shoes you need some contrast. Lighter colors. White, gray shirts, whatever the style may be, as a base. Button downs work as an extra layer with the color.

So I realized it's not so simple....

But in creating outfits the shoes and the pants are the base.

The best looks have big contrast, light an dark.

I'm actually going to get some lighter brown shoes to contrast the dark jeans. But I'm no expert.

Lotus

>