ruthless lifestyle being hard

disciple99

Space Monkey
space monkey
hey I have come to a new big city for college away from family and now I am confused mostly what to do how to go top and achieve success academic and sports and life things at my disadvantage as i have never lived alone and dont know how to differentiate b/w friend and foe as other people are also for success.
other disadvantage is I don't know now native language of people here so its hard to talk to people and make friends and made a mistake to not connect to peoples for a week what to do now where to start ???? I am also a village idiot if forgot to mention lol

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
New place or new job can be quite stressful at first. I'm an introvert, so for extroverts it might be little bit different, they are naturally open so they fit easily in... what usually works well for me is to shut up and do the work, meaning either study hard or do my job the best way I can... Don't complain, just do the work, suck up all inequalities and disadvantages...

This will create some image about you, e.g. girls might think you are the quiet-strong type, which is attractive, and they will usually start liking you just because of that. Even though these are just simple steps and common sense they carry tremendous value, at least for me. I usually get good respect after I "prove myself" this way - and then I can do as I wish...

I've been to many places and changed several positions, so I gained some experience doing this. What I have also noticed is that if you add other things to the above you will do even better, for example:

* If you do honest work/study/sport, you will attract honest people. You will attract girls. On the other hand, if you are slacking and looking for excuses, you will end up among slackers and people with victim mentality... So you want to be among ambitious, reliable and honest people who you can trust, so you simply have to offer the same. The right people, friends and girlfriends will then show up in your life, when the right time arrives, no need to seek them out... Those are good qualities you can develop, and once you meet people with similar mindset you won't be sorry...

* See if you can open up little bit, share, start small talks (e.g. about studies or work). Some places you can open up fairly easy, others might be more difficult. Simple words such as greeting everybody and asking "how are you doing today" can be a good start. Usually you have to show respect first before you get it back. If you can share some stories about you, even short, great. Again, this is obviously useless info for extroverts, but it may help a lot if you are heavy introvert...

* Show sincere interest in others (colleagues). Avoid questioning style about their personal life at first, rather talk about work/studies, or share about your experiences first. It is a good start and it works well with girls: You open little bit, she will usually share much more. You add little bit, she will again share much more. Add again, and now she will be talking about herself nonstop, easily for hours. You can then chill, relax, enjoy the interaction... Then show sincere interest in her life, what she likes and does, what are her desires and passions... Show that you don't judge, and she will love you just for that... Girls love all the attention they can get, so don't be cheap...

* As always and everywhere else, you should have good fundamentals. Everything is much easier with good fundamentals... Put some decent clothes on, show that you care about yourself. Talk positively about yourself - you don't have to become Trump or narcissistic Obama, but show that you like at least some things in your life. Show that you care, show that things matters. Get rid of the idea that having money is something bad, adopt the idea that having access to finances and work for money is good. Those are huge, they show that you have good self esteem... Add lots of confidence to it, relax, smile, get rid of anxiety, look in people's eyes, shake their hands with firm handshake... Another huge one that will carry you long way... Then you can be laid back, relax and not overly talkative - yet many people will still like you and respect you... Don't forget to lift some weights here and there and eat good food. There is no need to be ripped (what for???), but you don't want to be obese either. Just be healthy, normal and strong guy with average weight, that is all you need. Again, it only adds to your overall attraction...

* Once you feel good vibes from environment you are in, you can show some balls. Say what you want to say, show your opinions, share inappropriate jokes, say whatever makes you happy... It only adds to your confidence, girls will like you eve more... At the same time avoid being overly dominant, aggressive, bossy and/or asshole, in general people just don't like it. It's all about finding the balance that works for you...

* Once you gain some confidence, add assertiveness. Ask for things, negotiate things, push your limits further. Step up on the ladder if you wish, ask for raise. It is all much easier if you develop good habits as described above because people will already respect you and mostly like you...

* If you are around girls, listen, pay close attention to details... You will learn tremendous amount of info about relationships... Personally I believe that many 20 year old girls can easily beat guys in their 30's as far as relationship knowledge goes... In other words, most men are - sorry to say - simply stupid, clueless...

What else is there? Thousand other things are there, but good enough for start...

>