Living a saturated life

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My question is for those who lead busy lives. Studying, working, whatever you are doing, you might face a serious problem whith your time management.

Learning and science is one of my passions, thats why I study a lot. Sometimes there is not time left for a lot of things I would like to do. I dont wanna miss out on life, while the years pass by.

Elon Musk, in an interview, said that he worked at one point 80-100 hours a week. I love that idea, since it really gets you going and doing great things.
Provided that you use your time in a smart way, you can have hours that can be spend to your other hobbys or passions.

But even now, that I have structured my studies in a time efficient way, I find myself with more time, but nevertheless so tired, that I might aswell just sleep. Or even when I go out to meet women, my mind is fazed, and with anxiety being poured into the mix, I have zero results. I have zero social momentum, and no time to build it up.

Sometime I wonder, is this all there is to life? I know the answer is "no", but I can see no other choice, no way out of my problem right now.
I am fascinated by the idea of having your own company, of working hours upon hours to achieve something few people have, but on the other hand all I can see into the future is even more work, with no chance of using the amazing things I learn here.

I feel there is a blank space inside me, something missing, and rightfully so, since I want to socialize an start dating women.

How can you be productive, while also enjoying life?

How can you seperate work from improving yourself, while having time for both?

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
You are young and the whole life is in front of you. Working hard and building your own company is great, but at the same time you don't want to end up with X millions on your account, having a great company, yet not having any friends and women in your life...

So unless you are working on being a monk, you should also invest good amount of time into socializing in stead of just science and business. Socializing is important, it will not only increase your success, it will contribute to your overall happiness. Socializing will make you likable guy who offers great products and who has a lot to share with people, in stead of just being estranged weirdo who spent years alone in his room, making money just for himself...

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Drck said:
You are young and the whole life is in front of you. Working hard and building your own company is great, but at the same time you don't want to end up with X millions on your account, having a great company, yet not having any friends and women in your life...

So unless you are working on being a monk, you should also invest good amount of time into socializing in stead of just science and business. Socializing is important, it will not only increase your success, it will contribute to your overall happiness. Socializing will make you likable guy who offers great products and who has a lot to share with people, in stead of just being estranged weirdo who spent years alone in his room, making money just for himself...

Hey, thanks for offering your opinion.

I view things the same way, but yet still wonder, is there enough time? If I waste it now, will I be able to amount to anything in the future? Can I live an interesting life, If I am struglling to make ends meet in the years to come, due to my lack of employement?

I certnainly dont want to sit in a desk all my life, doind a boring job, but on the other hand, how can I afford doing anything, if I have no income?

I would like to experience the world, and become an adventurer, but I just cant see how that would be possible.
Mind you, I dont despise work. When I say I wanna have an interesting life, or an adventure, I dont mean constant holidays.
I just mean having a work that allows you to do those things (travel etc.)

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Captain Henley,

It comes down to what you value in life and what exactly your plan is for the future you will build for your life.

Ultimately you're right that you can't have it all. The best way to be average is to spend your time doing a bit of this and a bit of that. If you really want to reap ultra awesome results that come from business, science, or learning success with women expect to put aside a great chunk of time spent doing that. During that time you will not be able to do other things that could also be fun at that time.

You can really only focus on one or two things at a time and really make progress in them. In order to allocate time towards that you're going to have to sacrifice doing other things. This is where having strong values comes into play which helps you determine what is more important and what you will or won't allocate resources/time to.

Last semester in 2015 my goals were make perfect grades and really hone my girl/dating skills so I can pickup women consistently on any given weekend assuming I approach enough girls.

I spent 40-60 hours a week studying for over full class load and had to teach myself calculus and algebra from scratch (I never learned algebra in high school unfortunately because I cheated my way through). Then I went out 3-4 nights a week with the goal to meet a minimum of 50 women a week which I would then write field reports up on after each night.

The sacrifices I had to make to do this was hitting the gym less, doing quicker (less effective workouts), and denying a lot of social circle activities.

But I hit both of those goals I set for myself and was happy in the end but there were certainly times when I was doing calculus for 10 hours straight and have some social group tell me to join a fun social outing and having to decline that because I knew I needed to learn what I needed to learn to ace the test. I even had to skip Thanksgiving with my family and spend that holiday by myself studying calculus because I determined what I valued and built strong boundaries around achieving those things.

I hope this helped. Feel free to inquire more if you desire.

-Rob

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Mr.Rob said:
Captain Henley,

It comes down to what you value in life and what exactly your plan is for the future you will build for your life.

Ultimately you're right that you can't have it all. The best way to be average is to spend your time doing a bit of this and a bit of that. If you really want to reap ultra awesome results that come from business, science, or learning success with women expect to put aside a great chunk of time spent doing that. During that time you will not be able to do other things that could also be fun at that time.

You can really only focus on one or two things at a time and really make progress in them. In order to allocate time towards that you're going to have to sacrifice doing other things. This is where having strong values comes into play which helps you determine what is more important and what you will or won't allocate resources/time to.

Last semester in 2015 my goals were make perfect grades and really hone my girl/dating skills so I can pickup women consistently on any given weekend assuming I approach enough girls.

I spent 40-60 hours a week studying for over full class load and had to teach myself calculus and algebra from scratch (I never learned algebra in high school unfortunately because I cheated my way through). Then I went out 3-4 nights a week with the goal to meet a minimum of 50 women a week which I would then write field reports up on after each night.

The sacrifices I had to make to do this was hitting the gym less, doing quicker (less effective workouts), and denying a lot of social circle activities.

But I hit both of those goals I set for myself and was happy in the end but there were certainly times when I was doing calculus for 10 hours straight and have some social group tell me to join a fun social outing and having to decline that because I knew I needed to learn what I needed to learn to ace the test. I even had to skip Thanksgiving with my family and spend that holiday by myself studying calculus because I determined what I valued and built strong boundaries around achieving those things.

I hope this helped. Feel free to inquire more if you desire.

-Rob

Mr.Rob

You advice is sound, and I definately see myself apllying it in the future.
Thanks a bunch.

>