This is a story for everyone out there who is still afraid to go out and lead.

OldSelf

Space Monkey
space monkey
https://www.girlschase.com/content/true- ... trong-ones

That's an article by Chase that long-story-short tells you that the smaller your world/friends the less freedom, belief, and out side of the box thinking because of the groups gathered view.

--

I'm a 21 year old young man, who moved out of his parents house at the age of 16 years old to go learn about the world. I bounced from FL, to MA, to FL, to MA and was constantly failing... making it out on my own was pretty fucking hard I must admit. I wasn't ready to face every consequence or every decision head on. I was scared and lazy.

I finally, after an intense self reflection period and a very bad drug trip moved out on my own to NYC - where "real men are made."

I lived in a shelter program for 3 months and was working as a shoe salesman for the whole period. I had no money and no place. You bet your ass I was still meeting woman though :)

One day it get's too cold and the rules in that shelter were too much for me to handle - I needed to be free. And so I left. Got myself a greyhound ticket, traveled through 6 states over 6 days and ended up in SF, California. Moved to a shelter out there, made some pretty wild friends and we all ended up using someones car to move out to LA (craziest 6 hour drive I've ever taken; being an east-coaster the deserts were totally new).

When we arrived in LA, we had no where to go, but the vibes were great. We had an about-to-blow-up 01' Chevy Impala that us 3 slept in while we found work. It was pretty neat because you learn to really live in the moment because if not the depression would kill you and you'd never progress, get over judgements (3 gorgeous girls just walked up on you getting out of a fogged up car that looked like something out of a horror movie - no exaggeration), and to plan and decide EVERY SIGNLE fucking MOVE with precision and thought out plans designed to get each every one of us in an apartment and in school.

A few things happened - I solidified what leading and being an alpha male was like (officially and primitively) my testosterone was through the roof and I on numerous occasions through frame stopped or won fights involving the neighborhood drug abusers, and that my confidence was soaring every decision that went smoothly.

Tying all of this into what Chase's article states which I know to be true, I left those 2 people because their views were to relax and enjoy a life of wave watching. 6 months later - after surviving homelessness I'm in a trade school, top of my class, starting an internship tomorrow in the field, on the council of the school, and in 6 months a crew of very ambitious and adventurous cool cats and I are going to fucking Europe to get our bachelors - after that - chase passive income and start many businesses with my capital.

Go out there and live your fucking life, don't be as haphazard as I am though. Just remember that you're gonna be okay - unless you go to some 3rd world country where your race is a target for imprisonment - you'll be fine. At first it's lonely/scary/impossible/ but then you realize the only person who's going to get shit done in yourself and not a single soul. Disconnect from the validation that comes from social circles. While homeless and with everything going that you just read, I slept with 10 girls over 6 months; two of which are inviting me to travel to Brazil/Italy with them... on them.

Marcellus

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Re: This is a story for everyone out there who is still afraid to go out and lea

Hey SilverTounge

That's some unreal shit my man. Proud of you! Could I ask tho( If you don't mind), How was it living in cars and having no real home to fall back on for an extended period of time? I'm very curious.

Marcellus

OldSelf

Space Monkey
space monkey
Re: This is a story for everyone out there who is still afraid to go out and lea

Marcellus said:
Hey SilverTounge

That's some unreal shit my man. Proud of you! Could I ask tho( If you don't mind), How was it living in cars and having no real home to fall back on for an extended period of time? I'm very curious.

Marcellus

Well, if you're asking in regards to my psyche, it was very stressful. Thinking back on it I realized it was because I was with two baby personalities and was literally like their father.

Honestly, what it did to my mind was create a, 'no where is home' mentality which later turned into, "everywhere is my home" (more positive).

You had a racist family and that kind of left a racist streak on you? Well hey, just so happens that 6 black dudes just invited you to a hotel party where you could crash there after and drink and eat - you won't be for much longer (this happened to one of the guys I was with).

It sheds the shell that you think is you. There's no time for being nervous, being inhibited, being embarrassed. Don't eat for two days and see how quickly you start socializing with the cooks in the area and watch how your mind will smoothly finagle a way into getting at the food they THROW OUT every night ;) Simply put; it's not for everyone, but if you do it and come out the other side alive (I told myself there was NO OTHER OPTION) - well fuck, you're a man at that point and your old you is somewhere in another dimension. When you live out on the streets you see crazy shit, you learn amazing things, and meet tons of people from all walks of life.

>