Alpha Males.....Loners?

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My next main goal is to make myself adopt the qualities of an alpha male. However, as stupid as this may sound, I took a few of them online personality tests and most of them returned me an answer that I'm half alpha and half beta.
I have noticed that none of my friendships with most people tend to last more than three years. If i could attribute my fault in that i would say that i tend to keep secrets about myself and i argue a lot and i tend to bottle in my anger and let it all out at once. Right now I'm having very few friends left.
And yes, the question, is it possible that a person who is an alpha to also be a loner because of not wanting to take the bullshit of other people?
Can any of you gents help me in finding out how far along i am in moulding myself into a true alpha?
Your thoughts would be appreciated. If you need more input, please ask.

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
There has been already many articles written about Alpha male. The classical "alpha male" is usually described as a leader of wolf's pack, meaning that the strongest one will become leader.

Which sounds great, but at the same time it is quite difficult in our society because we are not wolfs. Who is the strongest man, and in which area? D. Trump can be considered strong Alpha Male in business, but put him in fitness and he will fail to be even low Beta. Obama could be considered strong Alpha male in politics, but not having clue he would fail in business. Schwarzenegger could be considered Alpha in fitness, yet he would be a Beta in your local college among knowledgeable professors. So who is really "Alpha"? It's all relative...

There are also different types of Alphas. Is Obama loner? Is Trump loner? Probably not. How about Clint Eastwood, a guy who is being given as an example of great Alpha, is he a loner? He is always loner, at least in those movies...

So Alpha is sort of outdated term, it belongs to history. You can be alpha in one or more groups, but you may be beta in many different groups.

IMO better way is to shift away from this term and focus more on developing personal characteristics that are attractive to females. If you are not natural leader you will have hard time to become one, it takes too much energy and time. Does it even worth it? It may, but it really depends on what you want... Find something that you like, and try to become good at it. Being good at something will give you natural recognition from your peers, and mainly from girls, you will simply be perceived as sort of 'alpha' in that field...

There is lots of competition out there, if you want to become good at something you usually have to work hard. If you want to be a good weight lifter, you have to work hard in fitness. If you want to be a good martial artist, you have to train many many hours every week. If you want to run good and successful business, you have to work long hours, unless you find some unique idea or are in some way lucky. If you want to become good academically, you better study hard because even there is lots of competition. Competition is everywhere, the potential of becoming good without diligent work is pretty much minimal... That's the reality, so try to become good at something real by working on it, by investing in it - and it will be much better than faking some "alpha male" characteristics...

There is also another term, it is called Omega. It is usually guy who is a loner but at the same time he has lots of Alpha male characteristics as he is sort of rebellious. C. Eastwood probably fits description more of Omega rather than Alpha. Omega doesn't compete with anyone, he lives his own life on his own terms, he makes his own rules, he walks his own way, he does what he wants and could care less whether others like it or not. He has no needs to be a group leader, perhaps he even avoids it for the same reason you've mentioned - he doesn't want to deal with all the daily BS...

See, to become Alpha you have to spent lots of energy to get to a leading position. Say you are working for large company, you love your job, you work hard, but it will usually take you long time to claim up the ladder and be recognized as a leader of some group, perhaps become CEO. At the same time, you have to deal with lots of competition, there are always guys and girls who desire the same position... What more, there is usually somebody above you anyway, somebody who tells you what to do and how. So even though you eventually become an Alpha, does it really worth it? It does, you get the recognition, but it will cost you lots of extra energy, if you know what I mean. The reality also is, that once you become too big (meaning once you make good $$$), the company is usually seeking to replace you with somebody who is more productive for less salary...

Omega is little different. If he works for larger company he could care less about climbing the ladder. He may become a leader, however that's probably not his biggest ambition as he tries to avoid the work politic BS. Preferably he eventually leaves the company and opens his own business, where he is his own boss and doesn't listen to anyone. It might also be difficult, he might spent lots if time and energy, but he is his own boss, nobody tells him what to do, which carries lots of value...

There is also nothing wrong being half Alpha or half Omega. You simply work on your own, or you join a group of people with similar interests, you share, you become part of a team... As always, it all comes down to what you really want...

So, my two cents, stop worrying about being "alpha", it is pointless, useless. Work on fundamentals, work on being open minded, find something that you like, find your passion and become good in it. If you are working for company and like it, good; If not, open your own business if you can... That is one thousand times more valuable than being "alpha"...

There is not much differences in attraction between Alpha and Omega. Alpha gets laid (after all that hard work climbing the ladder) but so does Omega, especially if he develops good fundamentals. A good Omega gets actually laid much easier and more frequently than Alpha. Why? Well, see B. Clinton, Obama, Schwarzenegger, CEO's,... Society wants to crucify them should they have any affair, they have to be very careful with women, what they say and what they do... On the other hand, nobody really cares about Omega, he can do as he wishes, anytime, anywhere, without people even noticing...

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Drck said:
There has been already many articles written about Alpha male. The classical "alpha male" is usually described as a leader of wolf's pack, meaning that the strongest one will become leader.

Which sounds great, but at the same time it is quite difficult in our society because we are not wolfs. Who is the strongest man, and in which area? D. Trump can be considered strong Alpha Male in business, but put him in fitness and he will fail to be even low Beta. Obama could be considered strong Alpha male in politics, but not having clue he would fail in business. Schwarzenegger could be considered Alpha in fitness, yet he would be a Beta in your local college among knowledgeable professors. So who is really "Alpha"? It's all relative...

There are also different types of Alphas. Is Obama loner? Is Trump loner? Probably not. How about Clint Eastwood, a guy who is being given as an example of great Alpha, is he a loner? He is always loner, at least in those movies...

So Alpha is sort of outdated term, it belongs to history. You can be alpha in one or more groups, but you may be beta in many different groups.

IMO better way is to shift away from this term and focus more on developing personal characteristics that are attractive to females. If you are not natural leader you will have hard time to become one, it takes too much energy and time. Does it even worth it? It may, but it really depends on what you want... Find something that you like, and try to become good at it. Being good at something will give you natural recognition from your peers, and mainly from girls, you will simply be perceived as sort of 'alpha' in that field...

There is lots of competition out there, if you want to become good at something you usually have to work hard. If you want to be a good weight lifter, you have to work hard in fitness. If you want to be a good martial artist, you have to train many many hours every week. If you want to run good and successful business, you have to work long hours, unless you find some unique idea or are in some way lucky. If you want to become good academically, you better study hard because even there is lots of competition. Competition is everywhere, the potential of becoming good without diligent work is pretty much minimal... That's the reality, so try to become good at something real by working on it, by investing in it - and it will be much better than faking some "alpha male" characteristics...

There is also another term, it is called Omega. It is usually guy who is a loner but at the same time he has lots of Alpha male characteristics as he is sort of rebellious. C. Eastwood probably fits description more of Omega rather than Alpha. Omega doesn't compete with anyone, he lives his own life on his own terms, he makes his own rules, he walks his own way, he does what he wants and could care less whether others like it or not. He has no needs to be a group leader, perhaps he even avoids it for the same reason you've mentioned - he doesn't want to deal with all the daily BS...

See, to become Alpha you have to spent lots of energy to get to a leading position. Say you are working for large company, you love your job, you work hard, but it will usually take you long time to claim up the ladder and be recognized as a leader of some group, perhaps become CEO. At the same time, you have to deal with lots of competition, there are always guys and girls who desire the same position... What more, there is usually somebody above you anyway, somebody who tells you what to do and how. So even though you eventually become an Alpha, does it really worth it? It does, you get the recognition, but it will cost you lots of extra energy, if you know what I mean. The reality also is, that once you become too big (meaning once you make good $$$), the company is usually seeking to replace you with somebody who is more productive for less salary...

Omega is little different. If he works for larger company he could care less about climbing the ladder. He may become a leader, however that's probably not his biggest ambition as he tries to avoid the work politic BS. Preferably he eventually leaves the company and opens his own business, where he is his own boss and doesn't listen to anyone. It might also be difficult, he might spent lots if time and energy, but he is his own boss, nobody tells him what to do, which carries lots of value...

There is also nothing wrong being half Alpha or half Omega. You simply work on your own, or you join a group of people with similar interests, you share, you become part of a team... As always, it all comes down to what you really want...

So, my two cents, stop worrying about being "alpha", it is pointless, useless. Work on fundamentals, work on being open minded, find something that you like, find your passion and become good in it. If you are working for company and like it, good; If not, open your own business if you can... That is one thousand times more valuable than being "alpha"...

There is not much differences in attraction between Alpha and Omega. Alpha gets laid (after all that hard work climbing the ladder) but so does Omega, especially if he develops good fundamentals. A good Omega gets actually laid much easier and more frequently than Alpha. Why? Well, see B. Clinton, Obama, Schwarzenegger, CEO's,... Society wants to crucify them should they have any affair, they have to be very careful with women, what they say and what they do... On the other hand, nobody really cares about Omega, he can do as he wishes, anytime, anywhere, without people even noticing...
Drck,
Good point, it is all relative.
What would you attribute to my loss of friends over time then? I have lost 3 sets of friends over a nine year period. Is it normal?

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
You guys act as if everyone have their shit together. That's the delusion that everyone plays, doesn't it?

Life is a continuous work of improvisation. Some friends you just slow fade and make up later. Some just go away. There is no such thing as retirement in anything, from being cool to running businesses or even a dance group. When you older, you either dress well or get your shit so good that you don't need to dress as much but you still need to do.

The idea here is how do we create a false sense of security. Marriage is a false sense of security. Meditation is a false sense of security. Why? Because we are still stuck here as a human being.

The key here is having and/or replacing that false sense of security with something else.

Zac

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ZacAdam said:
You guys act as if everyone have their shit together. That's the delusion that everyone plays, doesn't it?

Life is a continuous work of improvisation. Some friends you just slow fade and make up later. Some just go away. There is no such thing as retirement in anything, from being cool to running businesses or even a dance group. When you older, you either dress well or get your shit so good that you don't need to dress as much but you still need to do.

The idea here is how do we create a false sense of security. Marriage is a false sense of security. Meditation is a false sense of security. Why? Because we are still stuck here as a human being.

The key here is having and/or replacing that false sense of security with something else.

Zac
I understand Zac, its just that i remember the story of the pig and the mirror. I just wanted to understand whether something is wrong with me.....

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Sorry

Feeling asshole-ish. the response is too direct i guess. I should probably put it nicely.

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ZacAdam said:
Sorry

Feeling asshole-ish. the response is too direct i guess. I should probably put it nicely.
Its quite alright its just that having very few people around who can truly give me an insightful opinion of myself, i tend to do it.

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Don't know why you lost friends but IMO it is not unusual. We grow up, we grow apart, we adopt different ideas, philosophies, believes, mind sets,... We do different things in life...

I also lost couple of good friends, don't know exactly why but I'm thinking that it is because I moved forward with my life whereas they are still at similar level where they were years ago (for example with education and jobs). They probably think that I was trying to be better than them, whereas I was simply following what I like to do in life. But who know? I can't read their mind.

Also agree with Zac, Life is continuous process. No matter what you do there are always some obstacles, some barriers to overcome, whether it is with friends, girls/marriage, education, business or hundreds of other things. It's not really about knowing it all and having it figured out all - it's more about having a good frame that you (we) follow especialy when you encounter difficulties... It's not about that you wake up one day and are the best seducer, the best business man, the best guy your girl can be with - it's more about doing things in that direction... It's not about the destination, it is about the road you are on...

If you want good education, set your goals, make it clear what you want to achieve, and follow that direction...
If you want your own business, set your goals and follow that direction persistently, year after year...
If you want to be physically strong and be a martial art expert, make it your life time direction, follow it the best way you can...
If you want to save X money, set your goals and keep saving...

You don't have to do these every single day, you can take breaks - the point is to be persistent in long term...

----------

Another thing is to shift away from "Is there something wrong with me?". Each of us is different individual, we have different experiences, we were raised differently, we have different goals in lives...

We simply see things differently, which doesn't mean that there is something wrong with the way we perceive those things. You can write, you can use logic, you are a healthy guy, you have motivation to do something with your life - so no, there is nothing wrong with you, you have all you need to build your life the way you want it. Many times it is about how to figure your own way in stead of following way of others that may not working that well for you...

Many time is it about simplest things such as setting up simple and positive mind frame (I have health + logic + motivation, therefore I can achieve anything in my life that I focus on) in stead of analyzing negatives (What is wrong with me?)...

I would also suggest some form of spirituality. If you believe in God, good, follow some religion that believes in God, e.g. Christianity. If you don't believe in God, good, follow some eastern philosophies in which you don't need God to be spiritual. Spirituality can give you lots of good answers for questions you might be asking, spirituality can give you good mind set...

Good mindset is simply something like a good road map. You don't need to stare in the map all the time, you need to pay attention to the road. However, if you are not sure where are you at exactly or what to do, you simply pull up the map, check the direction you want to be going, and then follow what the map says...

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Meeting different social circles is a good start

IT can be so jarring to see how different people treat you so well and expect nothing compared to your previous friends that you kind of like "hey, i can do better than this".

You do occasionally need to mix up with people who are "negative". They are many, and usually you do not need to find them. haha

p.s: The most important thing is know how you think, first. Then you can work from there. :) If you want a deeper explanation, use this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FMqaPmjAoE (Start until 0:48)

Zac

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Another thing is to shift away from "Is there something wrong with me?". Each of us is different individual, we have different experiences, we were raised differently, we have different goals in lives...

We simply see things differently, which doesn't mean that there is something wrong with the way we perceive those things. You can write, you can use logic, you are a healthy guy, you have motivation to do something with your life - so no, there is nothing wrong with you, you have all you need to build your life the way you want it. Many times it is about how to figure your own way in stead of following way of others that may not working that well for you...

Many time is it about simplest things such as setting up simple and positive mind frame (I have health + logic + motivation, therefore I can achieve anything in my life that I focus on) in stead of analyzing negatives (What is wrong with me?)...

I would also suggest some form of spirituality. If you believe in God, good, follow some religion that believes in God, e.g. Christianity. If you don't believe in God, good, follow some eastern philosophies in which you don't need God to be spiritual. Spirituality can give you lots of good answers for questions you might be asking, spirituality can give you good mind set...

Good mindset is simply something like a good road map. You don't need to stare in the map all the time, you need to pay attention to the road. However, if you are not sure where are you at exactly or what to do, you simply pull up the map, check the direction you want to be going, and then follow what the map says...

Drck,

This is what was basically the problem with me. You see, I am at that phase where i want to constantly improve myself each day and get better at what i do. However, when certain patterns tend to repeat themselves, I tend to analyze myself to see if i am going wrong anywhere, mainly so that i do not commit those same mistakes again with other/better people in my life. And yes, i too follow the same principle that if i have health logic and motivation then i can achieve it.

I do have spirituality, its just different than the normal one. I do believe in a god/creator/higher intelligence. I have a very limited social circle mainly because i burned many bridges and right now i am focusing on getting my Chartered Accountants degree which will help me gain financial security at the very least. So yes, i do have a purpose, i have logic and i have hopes. The question isn't whats wrong with me rather it is that am I doing something to make my friends go? Is this somehow linked to me trying to be an alpha male? That is what i was thinking, because basically i dont wanna commit the same mistakes with any other friends and then say something like, "Eh? Nothing was my fault it was all their fault anyway. Who needs such people." and then miss out on something which would benefit my life/ help me grow as a person. Being an alpha male was also part of this.....hence the post. Apologies, i think we strayed a little bit out of topic but it is also a part of the heart of the issue.

One thing that i noticed which was common in my friendships was that i tend to hide things, not because I'm afraid but i tend to take advice/comments on anything personal of mine very personally, I am a private person in that regard and its so much more easier and a lot less bullshit if i simply lie/hide the things. Another thing is that people have told me i am argumentative. This has led people to believe that i am fake or I don't show my true intentions which is not at all true. The things i have done has caused them to over generalize my nature. Plus i am not physically that intimidating and people tend to use this to their advantage to push me over. I am not talking about all my friends, just a few of those whom i get close to.

I just wanted advice on how to deal with those things. That is why i wanted to be the alpha so that i can manage myself as well as the threats of others from bringing me down while maintaining the friendships i have with efficiency :).

Thanks btw to both of you Drck and Zac for your patient replies.

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ZacAdam said:
Meeting different social circles is a good start

IT can be so jarring to see how different people treat you so well and expect nothing compared to your previous friends that you kind of like "hey, i can do better than this".

You do occasionally need to mix up with people who are "negative". They are many, and usually you do not need to find them. haha

p.s: The most important thing is know how you think, first. Then you can work from there. :) If you want a deeper explanation, use this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FMqaPmjAoE (Start until 0:48)

Zac
Good Advice by Elon Musk.

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
"The question isn't whats wrong with me rather it is that am I doing something to make my friends go? Is this somehow linked to me trying to be an alpha male? That is what i was thinking, because basically i don't wanna commit the same mistakes with any other friends and then say something like"

We should sort of shift away from the "Alpha male" concept as mentioned above, for reason that our society is not as simple as wolf's packs...

People who like you will stick around, and people who don't will shift away from you. So what makes others like you?

If you try to in some way push people down (perhaps by trying to be better than them or even if they perceive it in that way), they will not like you much. They will shift away from you, they will not feel good around you. On the other hand, if you show that you appreciate people, that you like them, they you don't really judge them, and perhaps if you lead by example - most will usually like you...

So we sort of have two kinds of "alpha males". One is pushing people down, making them feeling miserable about themselves. Examples can be leaders in totalitarian societies, Kim Jong in N. Korea, Stalin in Russia... No doubt these are also Alpha males, tough and smart leaders...

The other is more modern "alpha male". He lifts people up, he makes them feel good about themselves, he is rather skilled team player than true "alpha male", he is more positive, peaceful... Example could be Obama.

The other, modern version is much better approach, however there is also quite of a danger in this approach as one can become easily too nice. You can't be too nice as it creates disrespect, people will start working over you. See Obama, no doubt he is "Alpha male" but he has no respect as he is too nice. He is brilliant, he is a great guy wishing peace, he is great speaker, he is a great team leader - but he has no spine, he has no boundaries, he has very little respect... Most people/leaders walk over him, many times he is a joke to other world leaders...

It is more about balance. You have to be good/positive but at the same time tough. You have to have spine, you have to be team leader, you have to lift people up but at the same time you have to avoid being too nice. Watch Trump, perhaps you like him, perhaps you hate him, but watch him - He is a great team leader, he lifts people up, he motivates millions of others, he is positive... He is also tough, he has lots of respects as he does exactly what he says. He doesn't fool around, you don't do what he wants he'll fire you... He has lots of accomplishments, he is great and assertive negotiator, he reaches millions of people by saying what they feel even though he is not exactly great speaker... If he were more careful and thoughtful about his speeches, more mature and less insulting of others, he could have been much greater phenomenon...

So find the balance, learn to be assertive, learn to negotiate with assertiveness, find your passion in life, lift other people up while going after what you want, and you'll have plenty of friends...

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Drck said:
"The question isn't whats wrong with me rather it is that am I doing something to make my friends go? Is this somehow linked to me trying to be an alpha male? That is what i was thinking, because basically i don't wanna commit the same mistakes with any other friends and then say something like"

We should sort of shift away from the "Alpha male" concept as mentioned above, for reason that our society is not as simple as wolf's packs...

People who like you will stick around, and people who don't will shift away from you. So what makes others like you?

If you try to in some way push people down (perhaps by trying to be better than them or even if they perceive it in that way), they will not like you much. They will shift away from you, they will not feel good around you. On the other hand, if you show that you appreciate people, that you like them, they you don't really judge them, and perhaps if you lead by example - most will usually like you...

So we sort of have two kinds of "alpha males". One is pushing people down, making them feeling miserable about themselves. Examples can be leaders in totalitarian societies, Kim Jong in N. Korea, Stalin in Russia... No doubt these are also Alpha males, tough and smart leaders...

The other is more modern "alpha male". He lifts people up, he makes them feel good about themselves, he is rather skilled team player than true "alpha male", he is more positive, peaceful... Example could be Obama.

The other, modern version is much better approach, however there is also quite of a danger in this approach as one can become easily too nice. You can't be too nice as it creates disrespect, people will start working over you. See Obama, no doubt he is "Alpha male" but he has no respect as he is too nice. He is brilliant, he is a great guy wishing peace, he is great speaker, he is a great team leader - but he has no spine, he has no boundaries, he has very little respect... Most people/leaders walk over him, many times he is a joke to other world leaders...

It is more about balance. You have to be good/positive but at the same time tough. You have to have spine, you have to be team leader, you have to lift people up but at the same time you have to avoid being too nice. Watch Trump, perhaps you like him, perhaps you hate him, but watch him - He is a great team leader, he lifts people up, he motivates millions of others, he is positive... He is also tough, he has lots of respects as he does exactly what he says. He doesn't fool around, you don't do what he wants he'll fire you... He has lots of accomplishments, he is great and assertive negotiator, he reaches millions of people by saying what they feel even though he is not exactly great speaker... If he were more careful and thoughtful about his speeches, more mature and less insulting of others, he could have been much greater phenomenon...

So find the balance, learn to be assertive, learn to negotiate with assertiveness, find your passion in life, lift other people up while going after what you want, and you'll have plenty of friends...
Thanks Drck, I m trying to work upon my assertiveness but i guess i cannot do it with people with whom i have bad past precedent.

devlish

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi pks,

I find I'm in a similar boat, this year I am becoming less 'nice for the sake of it' (more alpha, say what you will)

My story is that I read girls like bad boys post by Chase and misinterpreted a bit,, and the thing is I was sorta quite a dick already and I made myself a bigger dick by hanging with dick guys and acting dickish.

So when I realised a year ago I'm being a dick for no reason sometimes I stopped... Then I started also being too nice for no reason sometimes which I also realised and stopped. Now I am in the balance.

Now this will relate to you - I have contacted my old friends since I have been at uni and it's the holidays now. My 'nice for no reason' attitude which they used to expect from me is no longer there and I can sense they may not like it. My dick attitude is also less which probably helps a bit. Thing is lol some of them liked that too because it's kinda how we used to relate but it's not particularly nice... Here you are right about friends and bad past precedent - my next point is possibly where you and I both want to succeed?

The thing said before about being Omega describes me almost perfectly, the only difference is I am trying to learn how to integrate into groups better because it helps in this day and age (in a job? In a social circle to get girls? To have support from friends in a circle?). Having said that I am having little success in that aspect - I know it's about front loading value, and continuing to give value over a long period. Also putting effort in first and seeing if you get it back.
If you have tried and succeeded here please let me know!

Devlish

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
devlish said:
Hi pks,

I find I'm in a similar boat, this year I am becoming less 'nice for the sake of it' (more alpha, say what you will)

My story is that I read girls like bad boys post by Chase and misinterpreted a bit,, and the thing is I was sorta quite a dick already and I made myself a bigger dick by hanging with dick guys and acting dickish.

So when I realised a year ago I'm being a dick for no reason sometimes I stopped... Then I started also being too nice for no reason sometimes which I also realised and stopped. Now I am in the balance.

Now this will relate to you - I have contacted my old friends since I have been at uni and it's the holidays now. My 'nice for no reason' attitude which they used to expect from me is no longer there and I can sense they may not like it. My dick attitude is also less which probably helps a bit. Thing is lol some of them liked that too because it's kinda how we used to relate but it's not particularly nice... Here you are right about friends and bad past precedent - my next point is possibly where you and I both want to succeed?

The thing said before about being Omega describes me almost perfectly, the only difference is I am trying to learn how to integrate into groups better because it helps in this day and age (in a job? In a social circle to get girls? To have support from friends in a circle?). Having said that I am having little success in that aspect - I know it's about front loading value, and continuing to give value over a long period. Also putting effort in first and seeing if you get it back.
If you have tried and succeeded here please let me know!

Devlish
Devlish,
I have tried this with a couple of groups with some success but its always important to remember that all groups eventually in your life will hold you back and stagnate you if you are the sort of person who is always seeking change and improvement in life. For instance, the current group to whom i had frontloaded my value really respected and enjoyed my value but all they would talk about each day and everyday was the same thing, bikes, racism and nothing more. None of them had jobs, they spoke very ambitiously but never worked upon it.....it was all good for the first few years but slowly it started to restrict me because i was opening my mind more and more and working hard on my set of ideals which were exactly the opposite of theirs and they opposed it mind you, they started making me feel choked/restricted......and hence it had to stop.

So in toto, I would like to tell you, from my personal experience that frontloading value does work, but only if done in a socially apt manner and you will succeed in it. But be careful about limiting yourself to one particular group for a long period of time because those people will hold you back tremendously if you are the kind of person who constantly seeks improvement in life at a way faster rate than them.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
pks391,

Every group is stagnant or to be precise, conformity is a great word to describe it. You can't have a group of all violinist or all defenders and no attackers. This is why where you going and what you value is so important but also recognizing when you overgrown your stay.

When you overgrown your stay, you either

1)dependant on status too much that it hurts the company/social circle/etc
2)Company/social circle/etc is moving in a different direction
3)You are just too good for the team

Often, this are the three reasons.

Zac

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ZacAdam said:
pks391,

Every group is stagnant or to be precise, conformity is a great word to describe it. You can't have a group of all violinist or all defenders and no attackers. This is why where you going and what you value is so important but also recognizing when you overgrown your stay.

When you overgrown your stay, you either

1)dependant on status too much that it hurts the company/social circle/etc
2)Company/social circle/etc is moving in a different direction
3)You are just too good for the team

Often, this are the three reasons.

Zac
Very accurately explained, Zac :)

>