Negative Thoughts

Ken

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
These days, I rarely get frustrasted over anything. That said, the only thing that I get frustrated over is not being able to go on dates with women, and especially being a virgin.

I used to blame it on my parents and how they brought me up. I got over it, but I feel like my parents hold me back in my head. I don't know how to deal with them.

I'm always in my head, and have no way of getting these thoughts out of my head. It is effecting my grades in college, and I've been considering taking a break for a semester. But my parents won't let me do so.

How do I get over this negativity and get to the point where I can take home any girls?

pks391

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Ken said:
These days, I rarely get frustrated over anything. That said, the only thing that I get frustrated over is not being able to go on dates with women, and especially being a virgin.

I used to blame it on my parents and how they brought me up. I got over it, but I feel like my parents hold me back in my head. I don't know how to deal with them.

I'm always in my head, and have no way of getting these thoughts out of my head. It is effecting my grades in college, and I've been considering taking a break for a semester. But my parents won't let me do so.

How do I get over this negativity and get to the point where I can take home any girls?
You are not alone. Even i have the same sort of parents. The trick is to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for YOUR PART in your life. WORK TO FIX what you CAN CONTROL within yourself. Stop blaming others, you cannot control their actions anyway. TAKE ACTION. Your parents only hold you back because you feel that way/allow them to let you.
You want women? First focus on making yourself into a sexually primed man who oozes attractiveness, then get out there and make an honest effort. Nothing will ever work out unless you grab hold of your life to do it.
Your parents are right, you're not supposed to take a break from your semester. You should carry on with your purpose in life. (If said purpose includes getting an education/degree) If you ask me that is something important and worthwhile. Women should be your secondary motive. Your purpose comes first. A man without purpose is lost and is not attractive to women.
Keep becoming a better version of yourself each day. It doesnt have to be significant.....baby steps my friend.
Start doing it ASAP.

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
If you can't move forward step to the side for couple of weeks, relax, then try again. Focus on finishing college, if you take one semester off you will sill have to take it in the future. So do it now, no breaks, your parents are smart to tell you that.

In the mean time, focus on making friends first, guys and girls, join some group(s), socialize, make small talks about nothing... See how other guys are dating girls, how they talk to them, what do they talk about, then go from there, step by step...

If you surround yourself with people who are social and who are dating (vs being in the room all day long alone), it will be much easier to move forward...

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Ken said:
These days, I rarely get frustrasted over anything. That said, the only thing that I get frustrated over is not being able to go on dates with women, and especially being a virgin.

Assigning blame to others is weak - if you really got over it then you wouldn't still feel like they hold you back. Furthermore, at the end of the day; YOU decide how you live your life, and YOU decide who has control in your life. You're responsible for going on dates with women, and you're responsible for your thoughts, feelings, and emotions.

So, really, if you want to get over this bullshit then the first thing you need to do is break out of your limiting beliefs and decide to stop being a victim. Make the conscious decision that you're done being a victim; become so disgusted with the things you want to change that you can't even look in the mirror.

One last thing, regardless of how much people "want" to change, it's not enough. People fear uncertainty more than anything else because your mind is hardwired for survival and the life you've lived up until now has sufficed so it will fight you on wanting to change. By blaming your parents, and being a victim you may feel upset, depressed, etc. but at least it's certain that you will continue to feel like that so your brain won't want to change.

Until you make the decision that you NEED to change then you won't ever find it in you to take those first steps.

-Richard

>