Does Amway and network marketing work ?

Jack Swave

Space Monkey
space monkey
Does Amway and network marketing work ? So I had a guy prospect me two months ago about a business opportunity . At first it sounded good, I work real hard selling products and getting people to sign up for $60 US. The aim is to get to diamondand eexecutive diamond where you are rich. Now I have been to a few so called " training sessions " and none of them have taught me ANYTHING. All I see is men and women who are rich from the business blabbing on and on about how they own 20 cars and houses all over the world and they own their private jets .

I didn't start network marketing to become rich . I still battle with approach anxiety way too much and at first I figured I could use this free training to help me get money while building basic social skills while prospecting and having meetings . I thought this was about teaching body language and the nuts and bolts of approaching. I GET NONE OF THAT . All my uplines tell me to do is " buy Cds and books and learn . I need some field work . I've listened to Cds from top speakers in Amway all around the world and MOST OF THE SPEECH IS THEM BRAGGING ABOUT BEING RICH.

I assume everyone uses toothpaste here ( other option is the sticks from trees that I know is mainly found in Asia and Africa ). What is someone came to you and said don't buy Colgate / Aqua fresh toothpaste / your brand and start buying Amway toothpaste ? Reason why is because the toothpaste you are using all your life is destroying your gum and teeth. Wow I was told to stop buying from Walmart and anywhere else.

Here is the main problem though . Colgate has toothpaste for $2. At Amway their toothpaste is $7 for the same size. Most of their products are 3 to 6 times more expensive than you would get anywhere. Yet I'm told I " save money " by buying from MY OWN STORE, and I should sell products and get 150 points per month so I can get paid. For me to get a " profit " I must spend $200 US and then the company gives me back $50 US. To me that sounds like a scam .

Everytime I speak to my uplines about my concerns they ignore it . One of my uplines have been in business for 2 years and she quit her job and now spends her time " prospecting and selling bath soap ". Here's the joke : HER LIGHT AND WATER WAS CUT OFF BECAUSE SHE CAN'T FIND MONEY and she owes a man $60US. I see it everywhere all the persons looking for a opportunity are walking around looking broke yet they so believe in this business working .

The only persons I see making money are the persons at top. The worker ants " new prospects " sell everyday " for the big guys.

So anyways guys the reason why I'm doing this business is because I want personal growth and money but I'm not getting either . I wanted to get training how to approach people so I would get practise talking to girls . Is Amway a scam ?

Edit : Read this article : [urlhttp://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/rantmode/amway/]Amway: Does it Work[/url]

PS I'm not saying this business can't work . I'm not bashing Amway. I just need some guidance from intelligent well thinking guys like you. I realize these people have been brainwashed. There are pros and cons in every business yet when I talk about the cons I'm told to shut up. I want to make money and get my love life together. Thanks for your help .
Bubinile

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Bubinile,

Most network marketing is upselling. The best way before you start any business or join any business, or even dating, basically anything...

Know what business it. Know what you getting into.

p.s: Mark Cuban is great here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHCgKHAwjQ

Zac

Jack Swave

Space Monkey
space monkey
I've been told to read books like prosumer power and business of the 21st century. I've done so but it's just raw facts and pushing to say network marketing is good .

Thing is I'm not YET a good salesman. Here's what I'm told " being a salesman is bad for the business ". But then I'm confused if I don't sell where does the money come from? Oh right I need to recruit 10 or more persons and get them to duplicate. The economy is bad and people around me usually struggle to buy dinner for their family for $10US. Yet I'm being told to convince people to spend $10US with me a month . Not only that, Radeng as you say most people are bad at sales and I must train 10 people to sell $200US of products every month for them to get paid $60. And I get a small percentage. So after I've trained 10 I must get them each to find 10 more people if I hope to reach " Diamond " rich level .

Sounds extremely hard. Any tips on being a better salesman and convincing strangers to spend what they almost don't have ? Right now I'm just going to do it because I see a way I can learn to approach people and I can set up " business " dates with girls and get some experience.

Edit : The prices of most products are ridiculous . Look at the Amway website . A 4 piece icook saucepan set costs $275US. I have to wonder why should I support the diamonds just for a chance to be rich someday . I could run down to local supermarket and get 4 saucepans of similar ( probably better quality) for $75US.

Bubinile

Lotus

Modern Human
Modern Human
My take, if you want to be a better salesman, grow and become a successful business men, go join a real company. It's 1000 percent scammy. Maybe it's legal yes, but the company makes most of its money exploiting the people trying to make money for them.

The company doesn't bring anything useful to the world. There's no amazing product or service that people want to buy.

How much money have you spent on videos and work shops? That's where they are profiting off you. Amway has no interest in making you better they want to make money off of you. I bet you have fed way more money into them then they have given back to you.

Does it work?

Sure, it can work for a small portion of the people that do it, but that's at the expense of everyone else. If you find yourself making a lot of money there's likely to be a lot of people you have walked over. Not the kind of company I would personally work for, but that's just me.

I'm sure this is going to come out harsh, that's because I think these companies are bullshit.

If you want some real self-help material continue to hang around here. Every investment I have made from reccomendations here has been well worth it.

-Lotus

GeneralFap

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I went to an Amway convention once. I was somewhat disturbed because it felt like I was in a cult lmao. But I can tell you that it can work. You don't need to be a master salesman (most of the people who gained success through were just ordinary folk). Also, you have to pretty much dedicate your whole life to it if getting to the diamond club is your goal. The products are overpriced, but if you can brainwash yourself into thinking Amway has the best quality products (like most of the people doing Amway) you will be able to convince others to get into it and make good money. Good luck, and All hail Amway!

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm going to go out on a limb here and post my take on network marketing because I actually do it, and it absolutely can work. At the turn of August this year, I joined Team Beachbody and became a coach (read: distributor). As many of you know, I developed a deep passion for health and fitness at the start if this year and started working out at home regularly six days a week up to this day. Nowadays, I do the Body Beast program and drink my Shakeology every day. That's the only pre-req to being a Beachbody coach: 30 meals for $120/month. I stand behind the product by using it myself, and it makes me feel great.

Network marketing is all about personality (as I think is most business), and in the case of what I do with Team Beachbody, I have the most success selling Shakeology and workout programs by taking a legitimate, active interest in other people's health and well-being. Social media has revolutionized the business by making it easy to reach people anywhere on the planet, and we use Facebook specifically to run monthly "challenge groups" where we keep each other motivated and held accountable with our workouts and healthy eating. It is really not far off from the principles of seduction (in fact, I have actually slept with a few of my female customers—mixing business with pleasure may not be the wisest thing, but I'm trying to develop a lot of skills at once here). Learn to talk to people by asking the right questions regarding their health and fitness goals, and practice a LOT of empathy just as you would with a girl you are attracted to. Especially if you are not in killer shape yet, that can be an even better opportunity to join as a coach because people will want to follow you on your journey as you become a legit product of the product.

The beauty of network marketing is that you can learn all the principles (and psychology) of business with minimal investment on your part, and you can take as much time as you need to learn the skills—there is no incentive to fire you for not meeting an arbitrary quota. Your up-line wants you to succeed, no matter how large or small (obviously, the bigger the better)—the more you sell, the more money they make, too. My personal diamond sponsor just hit millionaire status last month after five years in the business, and he is still as active as ever hosting challenge groups (instrumental to introducing the products), sets a great fitness example himself (the guy is a hulk and lean too), and he is always available with helpful tips and advice on how to improve your business (I participate personally in his challenge groups).

Take it from one of the top Beachbody coaches of all time, Lindsay Matway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RMClTNYNRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F49gGw_4dw

-M

Jack Swave

Space Monkey
space monkey
I just came from a world wide dream builders meeting ,the backbone to how Amway is associated . They claim to give free mentourship and training. Here is what I found though tonight : NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR MY QUESTIONS because it sounds to them like I am objecting against the business.

I do believe somewhat it can work. The problems I have with the business are :

1) The products are crazy fucking expensive . For a regular energy drink I could pay $2 or less. Amway's energy drink costs $5. Now my uplines are telling me I should get the price out of my head. The issue though is I'm not working a lot of money on my day job. If I earn $15 a day ( usually) I realistically can't take $5 and support another man's business in hopes of being a diamond.

2) Which brings me to my next point. I'm not getting any training. I've been doing this for two months and I've been to around 15 meetings yet I keep hearing the same basics that aren't helping me. Every meeting is just pep talk to new persons. Hell I wasn't even trained to do prospecting . All they told me was to grab a CD and some books and get core. I came into this business expecting to learn different things every meeting. Even at small group meetings all they talk about is " buy from your own store ". Heck how can I buy from my own store? I don't own the store, I just support the man who put the store in my country and convinced people to buy buy. I can tell you if the products were around the same price as other products I wouldn't have a problem switching where I buy. Why should I spend 3 times the amount on a product to get back 0.2% profit ?

3) Duplicating isn't easy for me. I'm told the reason why is I don't believe in the products. I simply haven't been brainwashed like so many other people who are running around like worker ants. You know why I still consider this a pyramid? I am working for the man on top for a chance of one day being rich.

I honestly can't afford the products for my own consumption. A meal replacement chocolate bar costs $6. And I eat a lot. I'd end up starving everyday. I'd need to eat 20 bars to feel full . Yes I eat a ridiculous amount ,I lift weights. If I bought for myself ONLY to encourage others to do the same, many days I would go hungry .

Today me and my upline went to prospect and he had to borrow money to come out yet he is so confident this works. To be honest he has nothing to teach me ( I'm not bashing him, he is OK otherwise ). Seriously he needed to borrow $1 from me to buy a soda. I was like " what the fuck ?" Nigga you go out EVERYDAY and sell for these people and you can't afford a soda. Dumb dumb. It's very hard to find people reason why?

4) Too much persons do it already. Imagine you take a 5 minutes walk down the street and 3 persons stop you trying to sell you Body Series Amway soap. Would you want to do that business? I guess not .I was the one to be approached that much in 5 minutes. I just had to smile and tell them " I'm selling the same thing ".

5) Lack of money : Everyone that I come across has the same problem. No money or very little. People working at banks that have a high rent to pay plus bills and they are usually broke by the 20th of every month. Meh and they usually don't " have time " I think that's a excuse though . Point is persons are not open to the idea long-term.

Someone reading this, let's say " I don't know what I'm saying " please to show me a way this business can work ( without me spending 2 years hungry like everyone else I see amongst me .). I need some good money in 2016 and if I'm going to stay with this for the long term I need to at least be able to go out on a daily basis and sell and make $10 profit

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Bubinile,

Exactly. Empty promises.

Overall, don't expect people to teach you anything. Because you don't know. You need to understand the principles, go out and test. Once your principles is set, then you slowly move out and learn the steps.

Zac

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've been with Beachbody for four months, and as of yet I still have no personally sponsored coaches, but I do have six regular customers, the commissions from which pay for my Shakeology and leave me with some spare pocket change. I have put very minimal effort into the business so far, aside from doing my workouts faithfully and posting to social media regularly. Having conversations with people is the toughest part, but hey, that's the same deal as with approaching girls, and I hate doing that too—set a goal for 100 rejections everyday. This business really comes down to belief and charisma, the exact traits that attract women. You also have to genuinely want to help people, and I find that akin to wanting to give a girl a night of genuine pleasure.

Take your time to figure it out. That said, success loves speed, and it's worth checking out everything Eric Worre has to say on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8qd_hgJLrc

Keep in mind that there are people who have blown their success sky high in these businesses, so the only reason you can't do it is… YOU. There is loads of training material out there on how to be successful with network marketing. Just start applying yourself and finding what works versus what does not. I'll leave you with another great video from Lindsay Matway (hard for me to take my eyes off her, admittedly :p )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1jCh3AeOIs

Good luck!

-M

Jack Swave

Space Monkey
space monkey
Mischief,

I'd love to hear a lot more from you since it works for YOU. I need to go to college next year and I need $3000US per year for 4 years training in the culinary arts. Right now I don't have the money and I don't want to skip college .Please to show me a way in detail I can make network marketing work . I've seen some of the big guys in the business push others out , they say " go prospect meanwhile the rich guys are on vacation. That sounds cool at first . Take a good look though, they claim to help people ( I also don't think the rich guys should just give away their money like that). In some way they crush a lot of people to reach the top. Lots of promises: big house and car and early as age 25 retirement.

Can you list the books you get to read? And Cds so I can purchase? What are your mindsets to build this? How is a good way to speedily get $3000 US by September ? Step by step what should I first do ? ( I really wish it won't take long...the main reason why I feel fearful of this business is because the 30 or so people I see at the group meeting are all BROKE. I LOOK FOR RESULTS. If my " coaches have been in the Amway business for 2 years yet they can't afford lunch when I go out to prospect with them, I'm not so motivated to follow them . A blind cannot lead a blind. My coach has one shoes that is falling off her feet and she claims this works and she is in business 2 years now . I wonder how brainwashed she is...shake my head.

I thank you! Hopefully I can make it work.

Bubinile

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
If you have what it takes to succeed in network marketing then you have what it takes to succeed in any business and what it takes is to be able to approach a ton of people and face a ton of rejection without getting discouraged. But this begs the question - if you can do that, why promote someone elses shitty product instead of your own? It's far more rewarding and doesn't have the network marketing stigma.

Mischief, you have a great success story and have the balls to tell everyone about it, so why not promote your own training program? I believe you would have a much higher conversion rate selling your product instead of multilevel network marketing.

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Bubinile said:
Mischief,

Please to show me a way in detail I can make network marketing work . I've seen some of the big guys in the business push others out

Can you list the books you get to read? And Cds so I can purchase? What are your mindsets to build this?

I thank you! Hopefully I can make it work.

Bubinile

What you are asking for is a fool proof system, and if such a thing actually existed, then everyone would be rich beyond their wildest dreams. There are many, many good books out there: I'd like to share a link to another millionaire Beachbody coach, Scottie Hobbs, who literally holds a stack of his reading material in the video. Note that he talks a great deal about "personal development," which is a tough pill to swallow for most people (myself included). That said, since you are here on Girls Chase, I have to assume your mind is already open to the possibility and indeed the need for self-improvement. I personally find it striking how similar the path to successful business is to that of a good sex life (and successful dating, relationships, and so forth), so as you improve in one area, you are bound to find greater success in the other!

Scottie Hobbs on personal development: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B19v4pYuj4

As for big guys pushing others out in network marketing, that concept sounds alien to me. Bear in mind that I work with Team Beachbody, so I cannot speak to other network marketing companies such as Amway (which could be considered a long-standing pioneer company). As I said before, I have a millionaire who has my back, does training webinars every week with his six-figure income buddy, and he's only ever been supportive of me in spite of the fact that I have more or less only been hobbling along with a scant volume of sales and no coaches under my name… yet!

I now see a pattern between my slow approach to seduction and my slow approach to this business, so personal development is top on my own list of things to do as well. The beauty of network marketing is that no one wants to fire you… which is likely why most people who buy in ultimately go no where. Just like anything else in life, only the most ambitious will make it look good while the majority end up floundering. The choice is yours.

Cheers,

-M

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ProblemSolving said:
If you have what it takes to succeed in network marketing then you have what it takes to succeed in any business and what it takes is to be able to approach a ton of people and face a ton of rejection without getting discouraged. But this begs the question - if you can do that, why promote someone elses shitty product instead of your own? It's far more rewarding and doesn't have the network marketing stigma.

Mischief, you have a great success story and have the balls to tell everyone about it, so why not promote your own training program? I believe you would have a much higher conversion rate selling your product instead of multilevel network marketing.

Thanks PS, but I never created my own fitness product. I have purchased and tried three at-home workout programs, all of which worked very well for me. That said, I did all of them alone and strictly by intuition with no trainer or supportive environment. That's not a sob story, and I will continue to workout in seclusion, but most people couldn't do it that way.

I settled with Team Beachbody because an old high school friend invited me to participate in the free challenge groups one of their top coaches runs on Facebook, and I ended up making an enormous number of new friends from all over the country who are just as much into working out at home as me. The company is a multi-million dollar business with a massive network of coaches already in place, and amazing, easy to follow workouts, so it's just a matter of plug'n play. While P90X is their most popular program, I specifically chose Body Beast to test how much mass I could I achieve versus the other muscle building workouts I have done at home, and I love it! The exercises are easier to perform correctly while still stimulating growth, and the workouts are shorter, too (this all compared to the two other programs I have done—don't take this as a statement from a certified trainer).

What I do for "work" is literally having conversations with people and being like a friend to answer questions and give a little pep talk now and then—you might be surprised just how powerful a few simple words spoken from the heart can really be. If you've ever turned things around with a girl you really liked, then you know what I am talking about.

I wouldn't know how to design a fitness product if my life depended on it, but I do have a passion for applying myself to a program, getting my own results, and I know how to motivate others to believe in themselves. You could have the greatest workout program in the world, but it's another ball game to be part of a powerful support network of people who are financially motivated to help others see the program through to the end and achieve their goals. That's where Beachbody comes in and why it feels like a great fit for me.

Cheers
-M

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I don't hate you, Zack. There are definitely shady practices going on in some network marketing companies, but then that can also be said for any other business field as well—heck, any walk of life for that matter.

I don't actually have to purchase any volume. Customers simply buy through my website, and I get the commission deposited directly into my bank account. I only keep making money by keeping in touch with my customers and treating them like clients I genuinely care about. Otherwise, people likely cancel and I lose. It's definitely work, but it's work I enjoy.

-M

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Mischief,

Do you have a website i can visit and checkout?

Zac

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ZacAdam said:
Mischief,

Do you have a website i can visit and checkout?

Zac

Absolutely, I am happy to share my site. Actually, my personal Facebook homepage is what I use to generate most of the buzz. Network marketing has always been a word-of-mouth business, and social media is the new "word-of-mouth."

https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.hill.79677

I hope Chase doesn't mind the use of his forum to do this—if so, I respect and understand his prerogative to delete my posts.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/jeremyviolin

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Mischief,

You can share with me privately in case some people want to knock you off your perch.

Zac

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ZacAdam said:
Mischief,

You can share with me privately in case some people want to knock you off your perch.

Zac

It's a little late for that now—haha. I did actually consider messaging you privately, and then I considered the possible benefit of letting potentially interested members of this board see what I am really doing. There is great opportunity with Beachbody.

I also considered the possibility of my true identity leaking to some who might know me in real life that are also on this board… bleh—tired of tiptoeing.

(I don't call myself Mischief for nothing… :p)

My ultimate concern is discretion about the women I sleep with, and in so far as that goes, I think I've been air tight with female identities.

As far as being knocked off a perch by people criticizing me for being with Team Beachbody, to that I have no concern. :)

-M

Thedoctor

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Bub,

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... am_p2.html

If you google Amway, or any other multi-level marketing company, you'll find tons of reviews and articles such as these.

My advice is always to listen to your instincts. If you're having second thoughts, there is probably a reason why.

One thing I will commend these organizations on is their ability to recruit and also create a "snowball effect of investment" to keep you with them. So if you want to learn a bit about that sort of thing, then that's a good place to do it.

Typically, anytime you hear one of the following:
-"Make a fortune working from home."
-"Make millions in real estate from flipping houses"
-"Get those washboard abs in 30 days."

They're selling you a dream, but nothing of actual value. I've seen pretty intelligent people fall for those tactics too. I mean, come on, all those statements sound good to me. ;)

-John

>