Answering Challenges Like a Dick

Mike&Ikes

Space Monkey
space monkey
Lately through my journey to become a genuine man, I’ve been trying out being an asshole, which has noticeable positive affects in my social/dating life.

What I want to share is a way to respond to challenges and tests when you’re not that witty or clever (if that’s what you’re going for anyways). It sounds like - “what about it?” or “your point?”

I’ve been using this whenever someone accuses me of a negative characteristic. It essentially reframes the accusation as a positive or neutral trait/characteristic. It tends to shut the other person’s argument down, from what I’ve experienced.

Example-

You: bla bla bla

Her: you never think before you speak, do you?

You: Yeah, what about it?

OR

You: bla bla bla

Him: Dude, you’re such a douchebag.

You: And your point?

What this does is accepts the other persons accusation but at the same time reframes it as not negative. You should only use this of course when the accusation is not overtly negative, like “you’re such a faggot,” “yeah your point?” That wouldn’t work so well. The accusation has to be arguably positive or neutral.

If the person responds after this, you can always just say “ok thanks for the info bro,” which always ends the challenge after that.

So far this has worked pretty well for me as I’m not the greatest at forming comebacks on the spot yet. I don’t know if this has been mentioned on the forum yet (it is a pretty simple tactic).

Lemme know what you guys think!
-Mike

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I'm more of an Accept and Amplify when presented with a challenge. More or less show that no one can roast me better than I can roast myself.

"Dude you parked all cattywampus" response "Sure did. That's how I mark my territory"

"You are kinda bossy" response "Yep i wanna get things done"

"Man, you smell" response " Sure Do, that's the smell of money/hard work/success"

"God, you are a dick sometimes" Response "You bet. I don't suffer fools, and I don't have time for bullshit."

It's verbal judo, using their momentum to throw them off balance.

It is the very essence of not giving a fuck....

Mike&Ikes

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey I really like those, I’ll have to try those ones out as well. That way it seems to give you more creativity in forming your responses.

Good input!
-Mike

Phallosopher

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have one that is good to just kind of deflate the challenge and act like you can't be bothered to respond, while cloaking it in a sort of polite bunch of words that clearly aren't meant that way but can't be called out.

Challenger: I guess you haven't heard / you're wrong about that, it's actually... / (insert any challenge to something simple you asserted in conversation).

You: Interesting that you think that.

There are a lot of ways to vary your tone with that statement to make it sound like you're bored/unmoved, or like you're telling them it's just their dumbass opinion, or like you're being sarcastic about saying it's interesting. All are true but it's under your control which one is best to emphasize to shut the challenge down.

>