Venue overkill?

Dylan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Just had a dispiriting night. I decided to go to a place I'd sworn off of in Manchester, my city, and the minute I stepped inside I realised why. There were basically no cute girls in the entire venue and it's full of aggressive men (and women). Really not my scene, I don't feel comfortable there.

I went to a different bar I'd only briefly visited before and stayed for an hour or so to see what it was like. I liked the ambiance but again it was a massive sausage-fest and the few women in there were 10+ years older than me. So I decided to go to a venue that I liked but lately I've been having doubts about. I had a good night the first night I went there but since then it hasn't really worked. By midnight I quit. I feel rubbish for quitting, but it brings me back to something that's been gnawing away at me about my city for months.

It's this:

Of the 20 or so venues I've been to in search of a good night game spot, I've only found one good one that I consistently do well in. I don't like the hopping popular bars and the bouncers there are all really strict. Plus the logistics aren't great there. The studenty ones are grimy as hell and I feel old in them (I'm 25). The bars near my flat are all very small, lots of them with an older, unattractive crowd.

The one spot I've found so far has 2 floors, no cover charge, attractive women and lots of seating. It's perfect. I go there on Fridays. I was thinking of going on Saturdays as well, but is that overkill? How likely is it that I'll get pegged as a 'regular' or barred somehow if I keep coming solo? Is it possible to overdo a venue?

>