Must reads

Stewie

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey gents, after reading a recent post, I was just wondering what are your must reads pertaining to seduction, the social arts, or psychology are.

Top of the list so far: Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman. This is a must read, not just for understanding interactions, but also understanding how to improve yourself.

Not sure if I posted this in the right forum, but have it at gentleman.

Cheers,
R4L

Space Monkey
space monkey
I recently downloaded Theron Dumont - The Art and Science of Personal Magnetism
per suggestion one of the articles on GC, haven't started it yet but I hope it's good.

Also the book that opened my eyes first was the Game by Neil Strauss. It got me to think about seduction and eventually find GC, and forget about all other sites on the topic.

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I was going to start a thread requesting some recommendations for books to read, but found this one by doing a search.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

NJ

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This one by dcl. under "Videos and Some Reads that can expand your life".

Franco, If you see this, Is it possible to put all this in one topic, under the Lifestyle tab?

This is great!

I came to the Lifestyle-Boards to write up a thread on this exact topic. Right on.

I have read in numerous e-books and articles, on seduction, and have experienced myself, that having an interesting life can not only help you in your self-development as a man but it can also aid you in your interactions with people, especially women.

One of the recurring topics that I had noticed in these articles was the overwhelming suggestion to read books. Non fiction books mostly, but reading lots of books nonetheless.

The universe, the brain, physics, human behaviour, culture, etc. are interesting and engaging topics to discuss with people and ones that I happen to enjoy the most.

Here are some books I recommend that I have read/are reading, hope you enjoy....

Anything in the John Brockman/Edge.org series:
"This Explains Everything"
"This Will Make You Smarter"
"Thinking"
"What Should We Be Afraid Of"

Steven Pinker:
"How The Mind Works"
"The Blank Slate"
"Language, Cognition and Human Behaviour"

A.C. Grayling:
"The Good Book"

Lawrence Krauss:
"A Universe From Nothing"

Sam Harris:
"Free Will"
"The Moral Landscape"
"The End Of Faith"
"Letter To A Christian Nation"

David Eagleman:
"Incognito"

Dr. Robert Melillo:
"Autism"

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Models by Mark Manson
This is a great counterpart to GC material - it is about developing and expressing vulnerability and congruency with women, but in a means that is bringing out your own qualities and true confidence through deep internal change. Highly recommended.

No More Mr. Nice Guy by Robert Glover
Guide to breaking out of nice guy mentalities and neediness around women and others. Very informative, though I have not read this in a year.

How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
A wonderful guide on how to relate with others and make strong impressions.

The Definitive Book of Body Language by Allan and Barbara Pease
Understand how to decipher emotions through body language.

The Passion Trap by Dean Delis
This was mentioned in one of Ricardus' articles - it is two parts and I would only recommend the first half, which is about things people do in unbalanced relationships, and also highlights how control or lack of control manifests itself in peoples behaviors in relationship. Very eye opening.

moonrayarc

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well definitely "7 habits of highly effective people" by Stephen covey

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Talent is Overrated by Geoffry Colvin- What differentiates average performers from exceptional performers along with the principles of deliberate practice.

Back in the Fight by Joseph Kapacziewski- Not really has anything to do with seduction but a story about a modern day warrior of the army rangers. Covers his stories in Iraq and his journey once he was half blown to pieces by a grenade and how he recovered to the point where he could go fight again. Everyone told him he'd never be able to fight again much less jump out of airplanes strapped with M-16's.
If you want to read an inspiring story of a badass motherfucker and realize that learning seduction is a cakewalk in comparison, take this one for a spin.

Space Monkey
space monkey
I just remembered the most influential 2 books of my life.

The first that changed my life forever was "Rich dad Poor dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. I was in my first year of highschool at 13 years of age and it opened my eyes and made me interested in business. Although the books have no practical benefit what so ever(they are motivational only with anecdotes and stories that are not backed up by real facts/data ), ever since I read it I knew that I never wanted to study or work. I wanted to have my own business and be very rich and change the world.

So without this book I'd have never been the man I am today.

And the second one is "Luck Factor" by Richard Wiseman.

This one helped me get out of suicidal depression and start my company. It talks about luck in life and how it does not exists. It explains in depth that if you want something in life - you have to work and achieve it. And that nothing will come to you on a silver plate. IF you want something - you'll have to work for it and achieve it.

>