Retraining the Brain

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
So guys, I've been feeling a lot more confident about myself lately, and have been rereading articles, pms, older posts, really honing down the information. Currently, everything that I've been reading seems like it'd be really easy for me once I get started, and the majority of the things I do socially with friends are perfect already, in my comfort zone, my natural game has a perfect blend of humor, sexiness, seriousness, and everything Chase has written. Honestly, my biggest sticking point is when I'm consciously trying to convey a certain image, or trying to follow a set pattern of approach, or actively approach with the intent to get a number, my consciousness becomes my biggest setback.

Nova

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Im sure it will become automatic for you eventually.

Its like when you learn say the guitar at first you really have to make a concious effort to play each string with the correct finger or you just wont be able to do it, but of course with enough practice you eventually find the flow and it becomes mostly automatic.

Light

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
That is a good sign of process.
Everything we do in life have stages when it comes to learning a new set of skill.

1) Unskilled and Unconsicous (Clueless)
2) Unskilled but conscious (Educated with lack of Experience)
3) Skilled and Still Conscious (Educated with Experience)
4) Skilled and Unconscious (Auto-Pilot)

You can see that even if you become Advance at what you are doing, you will still be conscious most of the time. You will still be thinking about the process in your head and how not to make a mistake, that is absolutely normal.
The more you practice, the sooner you will get into auto-pilot mode.

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Appreciate the insight Light, and by the way, thank you for your advice on changing your physiology for confidence. I've been finding lately that I don't even have to consciously change my physiology, it's now automatic when I'm walking or talking, and it really cuts down any approach anxiety I have.

Light

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Awesome! That is good to know! :D

Zphix said:
Appreciate the insight Light, and by the way, thank you for your advice on changing your physiology for confidence. I've been finding lately that I don't even have to consciously change my physiology, it's now automatic when I'm walking or talking, and it really cuts down any approach anxiety I have.

Flames

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
One thing, don't ever stay in your comfort zone, always push that as far as you can.

>