Tone of Voice

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey gents, hope everything is going well for everyone. After this week of taking Light's physiology advice, Ross's homework assignment advice, having my own interactions, and reading Chase's articles on emotion, I realized that controlling emotion and feelings is something I've always unconsciously done superbly. Whether I'm using emotional contagion to get a depressed friend laughing, or anything of the sort, I've always done these things without thinking twice about it. Usually, I play around a lot with tones of voice, facial and hand gestures, pauses, and things of the sort. Anyhow, when opening a woman has anyone played around with tones of voice like, is best to open with a natural conversation voice, in a sexy suave flirtatious voice, or what? Any information guys?
- THANKS A BUNCH ;)
Richard

Thedoctor

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Zphix,

I think tone really depends on situation. Think of Joey off of the tv show 'Friends'. His famous line: "hey, how you doin?" For myself, under most circumstances, I'd say that would be a pretty suicidal opener for me. If, however, I notice she was eye-humping me for some time from across the room, it may have its place. Most times I start off fairly neutral just so you can adjust accordingly from there based on her reaction. I imagine this could be a long topic in and of itself, so I'll leave it short and sweet and allow those with more expertise to weigh in.

-Doc

Flames

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I personally mess around with tone,pauses,timbre, inflection all the time.

A good one is to say statements as questions and questions as statements, after a while you realise it's not what you say it's how you say it. For example I can usually express interest by just saying hello, saying it in a confident, flirty and almost cheeky way.

It also pays to listen to how other people who are good at speaking do it, comedians, politicians etc...

>