Calling night game experts, what is your advice for SNLs and doing well?

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I feel like in the recent year and being away from night game for so long, my skills have gone stale. Online dating has given me so much success that I have not been out in the game in forever, daygame and especially night game. Even looking back at it, I realized that I was not the one for night game on the whole ever since I graduated college. When I got laid from it, I realized there was some commonality involved like me heading out with the group or being there for an event I had a lot in common with the crew.

I alway struggled to be the guy who could head to a nightclub alone and score. Often times I feel like night-game is a mirage, girls head out with huge groups and are even there with guys a lot of time.

Chase says that nightclubs and popular spots are terrible for picking up women. I find it tough in areas with very loud music.

I feel like the hottest girls are almost out of reach unless you are the guy arriving with them.

What advice do you have for getting SNLs and meeting hot women (even if it is more of a long game with them)?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I agree with Chase on night clubs....i seriously have done real well in Hotel bars. Logistics are covered, venue is smaller and quieter, the clientele is older.

Get to know the spots near the airports, convention centers and state capitol building. Young women in sales, attending conferences, or training,airline stewardesses, lobbyists, winding down after a hard day....and the 100 mile rule all work in your favor.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Good advice. I’ve never thought about hotel bars. That’s smart. I generally prefer anything that’s not a night club.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Fuck This said:
I agree with Chase on night clubs....i seriously have done real well in Hotel bars. Logistics are covered, venue is smaller and quieter, the clientele is older.

Get to know the spots near the airports, convention centers and state capitol building. Young women in sales, attending conferences, or training,airline stewardesses, lobbyists, winding down after a hard day....and the 100 mile rule all work in your favor.

Chase says hotel bars suck too

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Oh Pry said:
Fuck This said:

Chase says hotel bars suck too
Oh Pry, at some point you are going to have to find what works for you and your style. When you spend a lot of time in Hotels, you begin to understand how things work in a Hotel bar. You adapt to your surroundings.

Not everything we each say is gospel. Ground truth what works for you.

There is a 4 star hotel with a 5 star restaurant in the Wine country that has Half Price Appetizers during Happy Hour in their bar. Every time I've been there I have seen at least 5 young attractive single unattached women. (I was there with dates). It is at least 5.5 miles from the nearest "downtown night life".

As you get better with women you will look for situations that are more favorable versus high target density. To say unequivocally one sort of venue sucks is a gross oversimplification. What you are looking for is a venue that encourages conversation, without a lot of competition or distractions and the ability to isolate once they hook. For me the Hotel bar in many cases offers that if there are women present.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Maybe I was too religious to that post itself then but I read that hotel bars were misleading, not the type that has spent too much time there.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I should probably update that post.

When I wrote that in 2013 (that was "How to Pick Up Girls in Bars and Clubs"), most of my experience with hotel bars was the big, multi-floor, club-like ones.

There are actually a lot of smaller hotel bars that are much more lounge-like and intimate, and those can be quite good.

The general gist is "If it's big, loud, bright, non-intimate, and unsafe-feeling, it'll be a difficult venue. If it's smaller, dimmer, intimate, and safe-ish, it's likely to be good (if it also gets a few attractive women trickling in)."

@Oh Pry, I'll refer you to my overall night game guide... plenty of links in here to specific techniques, but this is the overview:

How to Get a One-Night Stand Tonight

The earlier one on picking up girls in bars and clubs is good too. Plenty of other GC articles on it. And all Alek's stuff is almost entirely aimed at night game. Plenty of material there to draw from.

A few questions to ask to figure out where you need work:

• Do you go to good venues where the women are friendly and you feel comfortable?
  • Do you follow good venue planning and have two good venues to go to on an outing (a starter venue to warm up in, and a backup venue to switch to later)?
  • How many approaches are you getting in per outing? Aim for ~12 individual approaches per night game outing to maximize your odds
  • How many women do you hook per night? You should be hooking at least 2-3 women into substantial conversations
  • Do you make your approaches fun? Because especially with night game, women are out to have a good time.

Go through the list, find where you're coming up short, and adjust accordingly.

Chase

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
While we can talk about the actually approaching and the vibes later on Chase, what gets me about most venues I go to is that so many girls are there in packs. When I say packs, I mean there is a mixed group of guys and girls heading out to these places. Now I used to have my own group to go out with but I kind of transitioned away from that, might get back into it myself soon, but what I found was either I was sleeping with a girl in that group or getting with girls who knew girls in my group (borderline wingwoman situation).

It seems like a lot of the bars I go to and especially night-club type of areas I run into that issue. Most good looking girls are there in a large group and there are usually guys in that group with them. I usually will not approach women in that situation because I know a lot of those guys are looking to be territorial. Back when I used to do night-game in college, I would occasionally run into a pair of girls, still very rare to meet a girl out there on her own.

One thing I am finding more and more of is mixed groups and large groups that have guys in them, this is a discouraging barrier. When I see so many early on in the night, I feel like later on in the night it deflates my mood for opportunities that may actually come up.

>