Can you still pickup girls and get laid when you have a dad bod?

chasemember1969

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi all, I got a question.

I've been reading a lot but I'd like to hear from other people their dating experience and see if I can learn something from it. I have a dad bod and I'm working towards getting rid of it to look slimmer, but it leads me to this question.

Can guys with dad bods still pickup girls and get laid?

Now I know that if a girl has an option for a fitter guy and a dad bod (let's leave personality out of the equation), she'll pick the fitter guy. I have found one user by the name of Radeng who said he has a dad bod and can pick up girls but I wasn't able to read his whole reply for some reason. I'd like to know if I can still meet hot girls and get them on dates with me even if I have a dad bod. And if you guys have a dad bod and have girls in your life, what it is you got that makes up for you having a dad bod? Or am I just being shallow at this point?

I have been approaching girls, and sometimes I can get numbers here and there but very few dates, and I'm looking to improve on all areas of my life so I can enjoy being with lots of women and achieve real change. I feel my approach or journey is lacking in something but I don't know what it is so I'd like some insight into that.

Note: Currently, I got most of my fundamentals down. I know how to dress well, stylize my hair, rock a chin strap, worked on maintain powerful posture and walk, practiced eye contact, worked on voice fundamentals. The only things I gotta work on is facial expressions and social power but I have a good idea on how to handle them.

sumwunimetonce

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is meant as helpful advice so I hope you do not get offended, if so I am sorry.

How fashionable are you really ? Do you have a way to tell ? Have you other fashionable friends that you can ask ?

I ask this because back when I used to meet guys of these forums most were pretty badly dressed, you mentioned a chin strap, that to me sounds quite unfashionable (sorry thats coming from a good place) so maybe your perception and reality could be wrong.

If you describe the type of outfit you wear and the brands, or who famous that you dress like we could have an idea.

I am not sure what city you live in but gay guys working in retail often dress really well.

Dad bod style icons I can think of are Jonah Hills or even Leo De Caprio these days

So if your fashion is a little off and you take care of it, knowing that you really are dressed fly af may give you the confidence that good body would (for the 6 months until you totally shredded)

Good luck

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
Blazerchamp dude! Guys with dad bods can pick up girls and get laid. Confidence, fundamentals, holding conversation, leading and having a sexual vibe all play a part. Being in shape gets attention, an usually girl's are attracted to this look.

I have never had a dad bod and I look athletic so this isn't said from direct experience but a have seen it time an time again. There's a YouTube video by a fitness model that does dad bod vs in shape. The dad bod won the relationship poll, the physique won the ONS poll...

Although being in shape is attractive an a good point in fundamentals, it opens up a lot more fashion options an usually gives you good posture as a byproduct it's not essential. It can also be detrimental, girls can go into auto rejection, go really shy, slow down interactions. (It can be very positive and speed up ya interaction as well).

A usually go out with one of ma boys, we're both athletic an in shape. We get a lot of attention, AIs an IOIs but some of the girls are really nervous an awkward when we open them. Occasionally they eject, they always come back but it's road blocks we have to deal with. Some girls fling themselves at us.

A good physique can buy ya time but if ya can't lead, don't set good frames, have a bad vibe ya fucked. Ya physique isn't stopping ya getting numbers an date's. Ya should work on this while getting in shape or ya will still have issues dude.

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
It is always better to look as good as you can, of course, so yes you should get rid of your dad bod. I definitely recommend you work on that.

But there are masculine qualities that will always literally trump your looks. The first one is sexual aggressiveness. This is one of the chief qualities that girls instinctively screen for, all the time. The most sexually aggressive men get laid all the time, no matter what their appearance is.

Another big one is your belief system - what they call "inner game". A girl is on a date with you? She wants you to fuck her, but can't make it too easy for you. It's about leading to sex, and overcoming her resistances in the process. Consider that she wants you to overcome her barriers. THAT is the mindset you need to internalize.

Compared to that, you should consider your appearance, and dad bod, to be secondary.

I was myself literally killing it (33 girls in bed between Aug 2015 and Dec 2016) when I was an overweight guy - BMI 26, 78 kg for 175cm at 23% body fat.

These last two years I have been working out on heavy barbell exercises. I gained probably about 10 kg of lean muscle mass since I started, while simultaneously losing around 3 / 4 kg of fat. Needless to say, I am now more athletic than I have ever been, probably about 17% body fat at 82 kg for 175cm (5'9''). But although I look much better today than back then, I am not getting laid nearly as much as in 2015 / 2016, when I was an overweight guy.

Why is that? Because I am not spending even 25% the effort I was spending back then at getting laid. In 2015 / 2016 I was at it 100% of my free time. If you want to get laid a lot, you need to devote a lot of time at it. In my case, the priorities have shifted, and I can't afford to spend all that time now.

So, other factors are important too, such as the amount of time and effort that you put into trying to get laid.

Cheers,
Seppuku

sumwunimetonce

Space Monkey
space monkey
33 women in 6 months !! That’s some impressive numbers ... was that in Qatar ? It does seem being healthy and working out eats into you time too much to improve game in many cases. The nice thing about upgrading your fashion is that it can be done in a few afternoons several times a year so the time invested is minimal.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Having a fitter body is not a magic bullet. You will get different kinds of test which are based on attainability. These days I generate lots of attraction however girls autoreject much much faster than when I was less in shape. It was much easier to connect with girls in the past. In the end calibration is the most important, however you DO need a decent look ofcourse. I know guys who even underestimate hygiëne and then wonder why girls are not into them!

chasemember1969

Space Monkey
space monkey
sumwunimetonce said:
This is meant as helpful advice so I hope you do not get offended, if so I am sorry.

How fashionable are you really ? Do you have a way to tell ? Have you other fashionable friends that you can ask ?

I don't have fashionable friend perse but some of the girls I was involved with told me I was handsome and some guys told me I look good to, but I'm not sure if they have fashion sense too maybe. I did saw people I used to go to school with and they said I looked hella different from back then. One girl asked if I worked out and shit so I guess there's that.

I ask this because back when I used to meet guys of these forums most were pretty badly dressed, you mentioned a chin strap, that to me sounds quite unfashionable (sorry thats coming from a good place) so maybe your perception and reality could be wrong.

If you describe the type of outfit you wear and the brands, or who famous that you dress like we could have an idea.

I can't really describe I'm always bad at it. I can however send you links to the many pictures I got. These pictures I put some improvement on before taking them, but you can be the judge of that.

A note on your comment about chin-straps. Girlschase actually addressed this in their one date system. The chinstrap is attractive, but it makes you look douchey which can work on girls that like the bad boy or jock type. But perhaps you have a different stance on why chinstraps aren't fashionable.

https://ibb.co/RPLZFzJ
https://ibb.co/8DBxhqj
https://ibb.co/FgS4cvn
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-a7WtWwQepUk_QWejJRKTvV8s_NPFfg0
https://ibb.co/YyF8GMb
https://ibb.co/b7pSS6h
https://ibb.co/LJZ1qq9
https://ibb.co/yXRdx01

I am not sure what city you live in but gay guys working in retail often dress really well.

I live in Toronto

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
100%.

Plenty of frat stars have dad bods. They make up for it with charm and social intelligence.

One of my most charismatic friends, "King" from my journal, has one HELL of a dad bod lol, and he has fucked some of the hottest girls from my school, plus plenty of high quality girls from greek life.

Hue

sumwunimetonce

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey bro, you posted pics, thats very brave to do that and to allow someone to critique your style.

Obviously style is subjective by in my opinion I think you could improve yours a lot very easily, I am not saying that it's the main issue or that it would improve your game immensely but it might help.

First I would never wear super tight or overly tapered trousers, t-shirts with too much going on like that gold one or lumberjack shirts. Ditch the hat too, overall the look is a bit ghetto to me, might work with that kind of girl but I think you might scare off some higher end professional / upper class girls with that look.

Go with this as your basics

Cool pair of clean new white trainers (Reebok C 1985 are popular now or something similar)
Decent jeans (probably blue) fitted and not baggy round the ankle but never skin tight, get a decent brand.
Well fitting shirt, plane colour like pale blue / pink, rolled up at the sleeves, this covers the dad bod, t-shirts are for guys with guns !!! try Massimo Dutti or maybe Uniqlo.

These are your ultra basic three items that will mean you look ok, not bad not good.

Then you add a few extra layers depending on the season, nice round neck jumper, bomber jacket, trench coat etc.

If you get all these 5 pieces of clothing in decent colours with a decent fit you will be fairly well dressed

Then to become really well dressed you could add really cool accessories, pocked square if you are wearing a blazer, nice watch, belt, cool hat (be careful with this) and try to wear a cohesive 'outfit' when you go out.

Now I know you can get laid looking like shit and be the best dressed virgin in the world but it amazes me that guys on forums like these that are not great with women are not trying a little harder to dress well, especially if you want to sleep with well dressed women which I assume many do.

Also the process of becoming a bit of a fashionista is not hard, first start shopping more, visit all the stores where you might be the items I listed, try on loads of clothes chat up the shop assistants, do some day game, read GQ, read fashion beans website, find some fashion blogs, follow well dressed men on insta ... DO NOT dress like an PUA or wear stupid jewellery like they do. Overall i would say the time investment is 2 hours a week looking a bit more closely at fashion and a few hours every other weekend where you can do shit loads of game, its so fucking easy, guys on this forum should really be some of the best looking cats in town UNLESS they are knee deep in pussy which very few are.

Good luck, again I say all this only trying to help, if you are happy with your look keep it bro, whatever works for you.

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
sumwunimetonce said:
33 women in 6 months !! That’s some impressive numbers ... was that in Qatar ? It does seem being healthy and working out eats into you time too much to improve game in many cases. The nice thing about upgrading your fashion is that it can be done in a few afternoons several times a year so the time invested is minimal.
33 women in 17 months (read again), that's still a consistent average of 2 per month over an extended period of time. This is a realistic target to achieve and aim for. When you are there it means you know how to consistently get a girl.

And yes, that was mostly all in Qatar (like 75% of them). This conservative middle east country turned out to be a little dating paradise, against all expectations (at least back then).

Anyway, the main point is I did all this while overweight. Trying to lead to sex on date 1 or 2 was what made my breakthrough. Yes, overall I look ten years younger than my age, always try to dress clean and good on my dates, etc... But nothing trumps physical appearance like displaying sexual aggressiveness.

chasemember1969

Space Monkey
space monkey
Fluxcapacitor said:
Blazerchamp dude! Guys with dad bods can pick up girls and get laid. Confidence, fundamentals, holding conversation, leading and having a sexual vibe all play a part. Being in shape gets attention, an usually girl's are attracted to this look.

I have never had a dad bod and I look athletic so this isn't said from direct experience but a have seen it time an time again. There's a YouTube video by a fitness model that does dad bod vs in shape. The dad bod won the relationship poll, the physique won the ONS poll...

Although being in shape is attractive an a good point in fundamentals, it opens up a lot more fashion options an usually gives you good posture as a byproduct it's not essential. It can also be detrimental, girls can go into auto rejection, go really shy, slow down interactions. (It can be very positive and speed up ya interaction as well).

A usually go out with one of ma boys, we're both athletic an in shape. We get a lot of attention, AIs an IOIs but some of the girls are really nervous an awkward when we open them. Occasionally they eject, they always come back but it's road blocks we have to deal with. Some girls fling themselves at us.

A good physique can buy ya time but if ya can't lead, don't set good frames, have a bad vibe ya fucked. Ya physique isn't stopping ya getting numbers an date's. Ya should work on this while getting in shape or ya will still have issues dude.

That's an interesting insight. A couple of things though. I wouldn't trust most videos that do these things because for all you know they could be scripted social experiments with no actual results. Kinda like acting if you will. And I was asking this question in relation to ONS.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
Blazerchamp dude! The videos could be scripted, edited an twisted to show what they want. A don't doubt this an know it's not gospel. Same with magazines, I read an article in GQ before looking at dad bod vs in shape an like most media is biased in some way.

Being out of shape isn't an excuse though. One of my mates has a dad bod an is deluded in thinking he'll be in shape in a few weeks. He's been saying this for about a year an still looks like shit... he kept going on and off online dating claiming he'll go back on an bee successful when he's in shape...I told him it's not his physique. Advised him how to dress, pose an got some photos of him an his matches shot up.

If a girl will have a relationship with a dad bod she'll definitely fuck him. If she'll commit unless he's rich/ powerful she'd have fucked him anyway. Ya may not get as many AIs or clear attraction but ONS are definitely on the table dude

>