The decline in 'The Game'

sumwunimetonce

Space Monkey
space monkey
So, the last time I was really into this stuff was 2009 in London and it seems like the popularity of dating companies and forums like these has declined substantially in the last 10 years.

I cannot even remember the local forum I was on in London but the traffic was substantially higher than this one, doing some googling it seems like the industry is in decline.

For me the part of 'the game' (or whatever stupid name you want to call it) that teaches you how to get girls was not so important but the freedom that I achieved regarding meeting new friends, expanding my social circle, and generally injecting a large dose of positivity into a time in my life where things had gone flat. This happens to everyone in life, mid-marriage, 4 years into a job that becomes stale etc and to have a system and support community that helps you turn this around is huge.

For me I can start to feel trapped and become unhappy in my life when it lacks change and new people and I feel that I sometimes lack the tools the bring new people and experiences into my life to some extent.

On top of this now more than ever men need help in dealing with the opposite sex in a way that is fulfilling to both parties.

Its very clear to me why the industry in its 2009 form has become less popular but I think it's sad that it has not matured as it offers so much more that simply getting men laid.

I would also have liked to have seen the main objective of sites like this to be reframed in a more positive light by the media, women should really want men to be good with women !!!

There is a great podcast called the Art of Masculinity you should listen to and I think it would be great if many of the dating sites of the 00's had progressed into that kind of offering, still dealing with dating but legitimising the industry to the general public (allowing them to make more money) and broadening the advice.

I feel on that podcast he probably has to avoid dating altogether to avoid being associated with the relatively toxic image that this industry still has.

What are others thoughts on this ?

>