First date my place advice

Michelangelo

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys,

So I met this girl yesterday and we hit things off pretty quickly. In fact, (like most of my relationships really) she reached out to me first. I pretty quickly suggested a meetup at a place near me, but logistics happened where she suggested to just come over to my place and have dinner/drinks tonight.

So, of course, this seems like a great plan, yet it's not really a scenario I'm used to. I like the quick meetup and then invite her over to my place, and then escalate within my place in 10 or less minutes. By having her come over, I feel there's the risk of escalating too quickly or not escalating quickly enough (seeing as it's mostly advised to escalate quickly once in an intimate location like my apartment) and once she does get settled in, there's no more "intimate" location. I could see the bedroom being the location to treat as that location for the mood switch window, but I have a studio apartment so not really anything that will trigger that same feeling.

Of course, I could be over thinking it and should just assume a girl coming over right away is good, but much like many things in seduction or women, the right thing can sometimes be counter-intuitive.

Also, any general advice about how to handle a date situation like this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys,
Michelangelo

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
The more familiar she is with your place, the easier it will be to get her back there. You might suggest cooking dinner there together. You could go out shopping for the ingredients together if you felt you need to leave and come back...

When it comes to dinner dates at your place, have a plan to reduce the post dinner clean up time and effort....
Have one dish you know already from memory
Premade stuff is awesome for Heat and Eat. Stove top ; "Here Stir this..."
You want some activity but little enough that you can talk.

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
If this is the first time meeting her I'd get to know her a bit first (unless she really is there to just fuck). The dates I like to run if they are just first date ones at my place are wine and snacks/dessert, because it's easy and low stress. Cooking dinner with a total stranger could suck, but wine and dessert/snacks is quick and you give her the option of bouncing at any point if she's not feeling it.

We chat a bit over wine etc and at some point I say "let's go sit on the couch it's more comfy". Talk a bit more, then at some point either the wine glass will be empty or there will be a point of silence, and I just look at her and kiss. Pull back, talk a bit. Kiss again. Back and forth until you're just going through classic escalation.

>