Feedback? Not a great date, warm chase, silence

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
Dudes! I can't figure this one out! I went on a date last night which wasn't that great. I had the logistics figured until I was out with her. She said she told her mam, sister an friends she was out with me. This put pressure on the date, on her and raised her ASD. (To top it of she was given a time to be out until...)

My read on it was so of, her body language was all over from being awkward, nervous and she'd be half open half closed. I got compliance but at the end of the date she didn't comply to a simple request. I was writing this one of as not interested. I drove to drop her off and she started talking, complying and I was able to escalate without resistance. With the logistics being lost and her friends an family texting her to see how the date was before I even drove her home I cut the escalation on my terms. In hindsight I'm wishing I pushed it as far as I could but I didn't want to start what I couldn't finish!

Bout 10 mins after the date she text 'hi sorry I feel like I ditched you at the end (embarrassed monkey) we need to go out again soon! I enjoyed tonight xx' I was unsure but figured she messaged really positive and I should strike to encourage it. It took me an hour to reply 'the drinks were fun (smiley face) hope you got all your prep done. We should! When are you free? Xx'

She's been really quick at replying even when it's taken me 8 hours to reply. I haven't heard back from her at this point so I'm thinking I've possibly pushed her into auto rejection? Thoughts dude's?

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
you're not giving her room to wonder. you shoulda just been like thanks i had fun too. then don't text again for a couple days. david deangelo said "give her the gift of missing you."

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
I thought about doing that but guessed with how awkward she was it was a big investment to chase up straight away. If I recall the text guide correctly if ya follow up a non sexual date with a text an ya get a warm response ya set up the next one?

I either took to long to reply or I didn't give her enough time to wonder but I did guess it would be better to reward her effort. Guess I fucked up here!

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
naturalmikey said:
you're not giving her room to wonder. you shoulda just been like thanks i had fun too. then don't text again for a couple days. david deangelo said "give her the gift of missing you."

Agreed. At this point let it die down for a few days. You can ping her after a few days to a week.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
JacobPalmer dude! It might sound bitter but I'm not intending on pinging this girl back. I blatantly asked her out after she said she wanted to go out. I'm not chasing her I've got other options.

I was just confused about the flip an change of behaviour but think ya both hit it on point that a validated her by giving her no room to wonder

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
would you be mad if a bee stung you. bees sting so of course not. you seemed needy. you couldn't be patient in setting up a second date and she read it. don't be mad at her. she's just a chick being a chick.

you probably fucked up. you could try this text in a few days it works pretty well.

"bummer. i thought it was cool meeting you. good luck." letting her no you're walking away. women hate to have freedoms taken away. and girls think they have the freedom to act how they want and thirsty mean will keep thirsting. if you take that away she won't like it. not saying it's gonna work. but it usually does for me.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
Naturalmikey dude! I'm not mad at her I know I fucked up somewhere. She'll have time to wonder when I'm not chasing. I know this one will come back, she always does...

I'm not a fan of ya text suggestion it seems rather sore an bitter to provoke an emotional response. I don't intend on pinging her a have stopped with the persistence thing I feel all I do is lower my value when I do it an it's not been that successful for me.

If I was to follow this one up I would use call back humour. I told a really bad joke an said ya say it's terrible but ya will use it tomorrow. She said she wouldn't she'd forget it so I said I would text her it. She said not to but I had full intentions of sending it to not comply. So I would text her that to reengage.

When she text straight away an I then tried to schedule another date I feel it comes across needy if I follow up an I see it disrespectful to ignore my offer so I take it as a no. That's fine. I have other options.

>